kelceycoe

75827 Ghostbusters Firehouse Headquarters Discussion

Thats gonna be a huge set.

Any of the modulars or Simpsons sets that got the same sizes ?

And 9 minifigs ... Wooow .... This might just be a set i need to have. Looking forward to seeing pictures when released or leaked !! :wink:

Thanks legozebra.

That sounds VERY impressive! No mention of Ecto-1 or Ecto-1A. Maybe Lego will re-release it together with this set?

And has the TRU page been removed already? I can't seem to find it.

It sounds like a 32x48 footprint... Pretty massive but a normal modular has a 32x32 baseplate and is "only" 150-160 euros. So I expect to see many many many details and microbuilds.

So if that page is accurate, that suggests $299 US and £249 could be the price-point.

I believe that $399 CAD will be more than $299US - $349US sounds more likely. Unfortunately...

Super news!!!! for fan like us who are eager to wait to see the official confirmation of this set by TLG!!

9minifig is also good but i am more interested in the building itself...since toyrus's description says it is going to be 2 stories than.the detail would rather be simplified than we would expect??? or 2story means 3floors including ground floor and above 2more floors? :wink:

so.... we might be able to see some pictures and more detail soooon??? :wub::tongue:

Edited by jaesroe

Excellent!

Twelve figures in total, nice. Presumably the zombie driver is the cabbie seen in the montage of otherworldly escapees from the containment unit shutdown. If so, does that mean it also includes a cab? I assume it's not just including the Monster Fighters zombie driver, but you never know...

Still a bit iffy on the price, but it looks like it's lowered $50, so that's nice.

I'm guessing it'll include the building and a cab only. Two stories? Isn't it three?

I like how you can put the ghosts around the sides, and ooze in the pavement. Will it be the pink ooze?

I think the Skreemer from the NINJAGO line would be a good use for the blue ghost, based on some images I just looked at.

I wonder what that Ideas guy thinks.

Can't wait to see pictures!

Edited by CM4Sci

Minifig selection is excellent. All four GBs, Dana, Louis, Janie, Zombie Cabbie, three small ghosts, and the LIBRARY GHOST? Dangit, now I need this set. Wonder what her alternate wig will be. Perhaps two of the figs will use the Banshee hair?

Slime-filled pavement and ghost posing also sound great.

Edited by 8BrickMario

I still believe it'll be $350, it's what I was told before and the SHIELD Helicarrier was $400 CAD and $350 USD.

New details sound great. The minifig selection is perfect, plus the three ghosts! Only thing I'm worried about is that the GB Firehouse has 3 floors, not 2... as long as the ground level has Janine's and Peter's desks and room for the Ecto-1 I'm good.

I wonder if this will be Dana Barrett's version with the 'Banshee LCM-Series'-hair:

33p8202.jpg

I just hope those ghosts are 'glow in the dark'...

Edited by Cammo

Well that explains why the Peter Venkman in this set has been slimed, I suppose, as just2good let us known a while back.

With' two-story' building I take it they mean the ground floor plus two stories above. I don't think the ground floor is considered a story. Could be wrong though.

I just can't imagine they'd build the firehouse with a ground floor and only one level above that. How would that work with the two windows above the gate? Nah, I think we can rest assured that the LEGO HQ will feature the two floors atop the main hall.

That being said, I don't know how they plan on adding the containment unit... Because that's supposed to be in the cellar, yet another level...

I guess they'll kinda cheat the containment unit to be somewhere on the ground level...

Gosh, I hope they'll show us pictures soon.. The wait is starting to get quite unbearable...

Toys r Us has a set description! Curiously listed as an Ideas set...

Recreate iconic Ghostbusters scenes with the 2-story Firehouse Headquarters, featuring laboratory, living quarters, containment unit and much more. Capture the ghosts with the proton packs and restore order, or solve other supernatural cases! Includes 9 minifigures: Peter Venkman, Raymond Stantz, Egon Spengler, Winston Zeddemore, Janine Melnitz, Dana Barrett, Louis Tully, Library Ghost and Zombie Driver.

Includes 9 minifigures: Peter Venkman, Raymond Stantz, Egon Spengler, Winston Zeddemore, Janine Melnitz, Dana Barrett, Louis Tully, Zombie Driver and Library Ghost. Also comes with Slimer, Pink Ghost and Blue Ghost.

Slide the Ghostbusters heroes down the fire pole into action. Chase the ghosts and secure them in the containment unit.

Turn the librarian old lady into a scary ghost with the double-sided face and extra wig! Run tests on Louis in the lab to see if he's possessed!

Suspend ghosts around the building's exterior with attachable transparent arms. Dodge the slime oozing up through cracks in the pavement.

Measures over 14" (36cm) high, 9" (25cm) wide and 14" (38cm) deep.

Sounds like they could drastically cut the price if they reduced the number of minifigures to five.

Sounds like they could drastically cut the price if they reduced the number of minifigures to five.

It wouldn't be enough. It's still a huge building. Unless $10 off the price is "drastic" enough for you, the building would need to be reduced to effectively make the price lower. Besides, I love the large group of figures, especially the cabbie and librarian. I can't wait to see what they look like.

Next year's gonna be murder on my wallet. Now I need this set on top of the Mixels, DC sets, Brick Bank, and a few other sets from various themes.

That being said, I don't know how they plan on adding the containment unit... Because that's supposed to be in the cellar, yet another level...

I guess they'll kinda cheat the containment unit to be somewhere on the ground level...

One of the Lego Ideas HQ's (I think the Swiss Ghostbusters' one) had the left wall able to open up. Stairs to the second floor were attached in the corner (where the wall turned) onto that wall. Under those stairs was the containment unit, so you could imagine that little corner to be the cellar.

I too am curious about the "two stories" description. I guess story means something different than floor? (Non-native English speaker here.)

I'm waiting for LEGO to be like "Uh oh, the description's been leaked. Lets reveal it when everybody's working!"

Haha!

Excellent minifig lineup, this set sounds awesome!

Hope we don't have to wait too long for official pictures - although I fear we might.