LucasLaughing

[SoNE Ep IX - freebuild 2] Going to Extremes

Note - this freebuild takes place shortly after Wake up call.

Imperial Star Destroyer Avenger

Level 84 [Restricted Area]

21313677758_daa527abc5_c.jpg

21313361530_132060fc89_o.jpg

ISB Major: Sergeant, welcome. Please, stand at ease.

21475179506_26bed2e5c5_o.jpg

ISB Colonel: Sergeant ... is there something on your face?

21510035801_7f10583598_o.jpg

Sgt. Lucas Kirana: Yes sir. Sorry, sir. They've had me working in the hangers. It takes a few days to get the engine oil completely off. Sir.

ISB Colonel: But you're feeling fit? You're ready for duty?

Lucas: Yes, sir. Very much so, sir.

ISB Major: You've seen a lot of action, haven't you Sergeant?

Lucas: Yes, sir, I have.

ISB Major: Your record specifies almost a dozen combat missions this year which involved you and other members of the 142nd SpecOps battalion working directly for the Imperial Security Bureau.

Lucas: ... I'm not presently disposed to discuss those operations, sir.

ISB Major: Did you not execute missions for the ISB while working as a commando?

21314585109_4120171211_c.jpg

Lucas: ... No sir.

ISB Major: Did you not infiltrate Bothawui via wingsuit last year, to extract a compromised ISB agent?

Lucas: ...

ISB Major: Did you not return two days later and execute thirteen members of a rebel cell identified by that agent? Sergeant?

21490396192_0440ac72b0_c.jpg

Lucas: Sir, I am unaware of any such operation, nor would I be disposed to discuss such an operation, if it did in fact exist. Sir.

ISB Colonel: Okay, that's fine. Sergeant, have you heard of Agent Goatm An?

Lucas: I don't believe so, sir.

ISB Colonel: Davin, why don't you play those recordings. These were monitored out of a shuttle, used by a former Separatist tracker we sent after An. This has been verified as Agent An's voice.

Recording: Date 38.9.8. 0400 hours. “I watched a granite slug, crawl along the edge of a vibroblade. That's my dream ... it's my nightmare. Crawling ... slithering, along the edge ... of a vibroblade. And surviving.”

Date 33.9.17. 2300 hours. “But we must kill them. We must ... incinerate them. Shaak after shaak, kaadu after kaadu, ship after ship, army after army. And they call me an assassin. What do you call it, when the assassins accuse the assassin? They lie … they lie, and we have to be merciful for those who lie... Those nabobs, I hate them. I do hate them”

21510037811_87d151f9f5_c.jpg

21475179506_26bed2e5c5_o.jpg He had a grasp of tactics and strategy that surpassed many of his commanding officers. And he was a good man, too. A man of wit, and humor.

21510080091_67371b3a5e_c.jpg

21313361530_132060fc89_o.jpg He's gone AWOL now, totally off the reservation. Stole an Imperial ship and disappeared. And, I have another piece of shocking news for you: Agent An was about to be arrested for murder.

21510035801_7f10583598_o.jpg I don't follow, sir. Murdered who?

21313361530_132060fc89_o.jpg He's left a trail of bodies, to be frank. People he suspected of being traitors or double agents, mainly.

21475179506_26bed2e5c5_o.jpg Well, you see, Lucas, in this war, things get ... confused out there. Power, ideals, the old morality, and practical military necessity.

But out there, working alone, it must be a temptation to take matters into your own hands. To play God, if you will.

Because there's a conflict in every human heart, between the rational and the irrational, between good and evil. And good does not always triumph. Sometimes ... the dark side overcomes what Chancellor Palpatine called 'the better angels of our nature.'

21510078941_ba7ac28d6c_c.jpg

21475179506_26bed2e5c5_o.jpg And, very obviously, he has gone insane.

21313637448_5992f8ba29_c.jpg

21490354632_8bf321e165_c.jpg

21475204676_6d323da1e2_c.jpg

21313361530_132060fc89_o.jpgYour mission is to proceed to the Outer Rim, pick up Goatm's path via the Seperatist shuttle, learn what you can along the way. When you find Goatm, get close to him by whatever means available, and ... terminate Goatm's mission.

21313375970_10f10ffd79_c.jpg

21475179506_26bed2e5c5_o.jpg He's out there operating without any decent restraint, totally beyond the pale of any acceptable human conduct.

21510052791_cdeffd4e05_c.jpg

After all that, we still have to use euphemisms. It's an old term, from the corporate sector. To "terminate" someone, of course, meant to fire them. If someone was "terminated with prejudice" they'd be blacklisted, and unable to find work in any related guilds. Someone terminated with "extreme prejudice" ... well, you'd be surprised how easy it is for the CEO of a major company to have someone killed.

21313361530_132060fc89_o.jpg You understand, Sergeant, that this mission does not exist, nor will it ever exist...

A galaxy full of rebels, and they send me to kill one of our own. Sh*t, charging a man with murder in a war like this is like handing out speeding tickets at the Boonta Eve Classic. I took the mission. What the hell else was I going to do? But I really didn't know what I'd do when I found him.

Edited by LucasLaughing

Great story and incredible build. You've perfectly captured the Empire look completely. The wall segments where the light comes through is stunning, I'm still looking at it trying to figure out how you managed it!

Great build and story in this freebuild, cant wait to find out what happens next! I really like the walls you created, I need to try that technique sometime, also those computer panels and the not completely smooth/not all studded floor looks great!

~Beltar

Awesome build!

Wow! that is amazing! the story is great!

Thanks guys!

Great story and incredible build. You've perfectly captured the Empire look completely. The wall segments where the light comes through is stunning, I'm still looking at it trying to figure out how you managed it!

Thank you - I was quite pleased with the wall lights :classic: You probably figured it out by now, but I used a pair of the 7x4x6 stairs for each side.

Great build and story in this freebuild, cant wait to find out what happens next! I really like the walls you created, I need to try that technique sometime, also those computer panels and the not completely smooth/not all studded floor looks great!

~Beltar

Thanks! Goatm and I are working on a cool story, so stay tuned! :classic:

fantastic interpretation, adaptation of the scene. just too bad LEGO doesn't make Vietnamese food (edit) or cigarettes

Edited by goatman461

So I've been behind on keeping up with your story and I am super impressed! Great dialogue and moral musings!