Hello Historic Themes community, this is my first MOC worth sharing. I started with a modified version of the Guarded Inn, then tried to decide why an Inn clearly built into a wall would need a guard post on its roof. My answer was to build it into a relatively unfortified corner of a town wall, thus necessitating the need for the elevated position. Next I wanted to experiment some with landscaping and build in the stream. Finally, I love the Mountain Hut, and even though its a modern set I thought it fit nicely. As you can see, this is a blend of official sets (including the tree from the MMV and the Guard "Shack" from Kingdom's Joust) and my own work. The goal was to slowly expand over time into a larger town, but this is isn't very stable and will need to be rebuilt from the ground up. I learned a good bit though, and while its on to another project for now, I'll revisit this idea again one day! Any feedback for a relatively new "MOCer" is appreciated!

21228873748_6415219531.jpgDSC_0294 by John Compton, on Flickr

21390454256_de6400a159.jpgDSC_0290 by John Compton, on Flickr

20795640873_6830c2ef7b.jpgDSC_0296 by John Compton, on Flickr

I like how people are excited to see the wizard. And it seems not only people, but the dog as well :grin:

The "modern style" windows and door seem a bit out of place for me, but otherwise great work.

Edited by Sorrelon

Thanks Sorrelon! I agree with you on the windows - I wanted to use the cabin but didn't have time to bricklink any time appropriate doors and windows. Good to know that it doesn't work that well keeping it as is.

I like the way this scene is coming along nicely... Since you say you are going to re-build anyway... I would eventually swap out the mountain hut windows (I agree the set is great, but it needs tweaking to fit it :-) but in that configuration the hut is designed to open up, it would be cool if it still could do that in the next rebuild (maybe it can now, hard to tell). And if it were me I would try and capitalize on the empty space you have underneath the cabin, creating a cellar or a dungeon or something with an outlet leading out to the river and maybe a trap door opening up... I don't know something but since the space is there... :-)

I really like the layout with all the characters doing their thing, would be interested to see your updates on expanding it :-)

There is a lot of refinement that could be added here, but the build as it is, is very nice. The use of classic castle parts is nostalgic.

Thanks for the feedback everyone, I appreciate it! I like the suggestion for a basement beneath the hut, will have to give it a try. I look forward to sharing more in the future.