Sign in to follow this  
Logan McOwen

MOD: Game-style Ekimu

MOD: Game-style Ekimu

Those who have played BIONICLE: Mask of Creation will know that there has been an update to the game recently, which not only introduces Skull Warriors to the battlefield, but also Skull Slicer, Skull Scorpio, Skull Basher and Skull Grinder as four additional boss levels. Also, once you've fought and defeated all the bosses with their Toa of choice, you can also play as Ekimu, the Mask Maker!

21475844082_761af42cc8_c.jpg

Now, those of you who are quite observant may have noticed something a bit off about Ekimu's in-game model. For those who haven't, take a look at his shoulders and arms. Ekimu has the same build as Narmoto, the Protector of Fire! The model uses 5M hinge bones and a 5M shell in trans light blue, which are versions of those parts which we do not have IRL. But, we can still build a close approximation - which I have done!

21299082078_676af217c5_c.jpg

21460669236_5052714ef4_c.jpg

What do you think of this version of Ekimu? Is he now more in line with the other figures of his size, or do you feel that he lacks a certain je ne sais quoi without a gearbox?

Edited by LewiMOC

Given the lack of an elbow joint like the PoF and PoI, I'll pass on attempting to build this. This could've just been done to save on modeling work in-game, but who knows? Too bad that those parts don't exist yet-would love to get them one day. I do like the fully golden chest over the trans-blue one; may mod my own now. It's funny how the mod I like the most is just due to a part substitution rather than the in-game figure.