Bob De Quatre

LEGO Sci-Fi 2016 Pictures and Rumors

I doubt there's going to be a new sub theme until Star Wars cools down around 2021

My thoughts exactly. Although I'd love to get an appetizer before that. Even a single wave Space theme like 2015 Pirates would be great, at least to remind the fans that Space is not dead. :sweet:

I hope Lego will make Space Police 4 or a new theme with diferent alien species. :thumbup::moar: :moar: :moar:

Edited by LegoRomania

I doubt there's going to be a new sub theme until Star Wars cools down around 2021

This makes me super sad. :(

Although this isn't 2016-related, I thought it'd be more appropriate to post here than begin a new thread. Anyway, noticed this today while browsing armor on bricklink, and immediately recognized the Galaxy Squad logo. Knowing that this armor was never used in the theme, is it possible that this prototype was from a cancelled third wave?

The armor is used in the latest DC Batman v Superman sets, of course sans the GS logo.

EDIT: I just noticed it was used for a Collectible Minifigure. How cool though!

Edited by Apollo

Although this isn't 2016-related, I thought it'd be more appropriate to post here than begin a new thread. Anyway, noticed this today while browsing armor on bricklink, and immediately recognized the Galaxy Squad logo. Knowing that this armor was never used in the theme, is it possible that this prototype was from a cancelled third wave?

The armor is used in the latest DC Batman v Superman sets, of course sans the GS logo.

EDIT: I just noticed it was used for a Collectible Minifigure. How cool though!

That armor piece is from minifigures series 13 galaxy trooper.

I think we should have a contest on eurobricks to create our own space theme...

That's a good idea.

Thinking about it, I realize it's really similar to the recent LDD contest, so perhaps the contest would be recreating certain Sci-fi Sets or a Theme?

Thinking about it, I realize it's really similar to the recent LDD contest, so perhaps the contest would be recreating certain Sci-fi Sets or a Theme?

It might be if the goal was to design a theme, maybe a community relay build of new space theme? There hasn't been one of those in a while.

I hope we have an chance for a lego space theme in 2017.

But,what is the normal release of space theme winter or summer?

Edited by LegoRomania

There is absolutely no info or even rumors of a new space theme in the next years... So please stop asking.

There is absolutely no info or even rumors of a new space theme in the next years... So please stop asking.

Ok.Sorry.

In answer to your question, some Space themes in the past have launched in the winter and others have launched in the summer. For instance, Space Police III's first wave was a summer 2009 release. Alien Conquest was a summer 2011 release. Galaxy Squad's first wave was a Winter 2013 release in North America and a Summer 2013 release in the UK. So there's no specific rule on when Space themes launch, but summer releases seem to have been more common. It probably varies depending on lots of factors like production capacities and what other themes it would be running alongside.

In answer to your question, some Space themes in the past have launched in the winter and others have launched in the summer. For instance, Space Police III's first wave was a summer 2009 release. Alien Conquest was a summer 2011 release. Galaxy Squad's first wave was a Winter 2013 release in North America and a Summer 2013 release in the UK. So there's no specific rule on when Space themes launch, but summer releases seem to have been more common. It probably varies depending on lots of factors like production capacities and what other themes it would be running alongside.

Thank you

I think we should have a contest on eurobricks to create our own space theme...

Seems like the vintage space theme would be a good fit for current "private space exploration like "spaceX"

Any spaceX mocs? Space X dragon capsule landing on mars would be a great "space" set.

Something I realized I'd like, playing through the force awakens video game, is Lego space micro fighters. There are some fantastic ships in there that aren't traditionally star wars looking. I know that probably wouldn't satisfy everyone, but a few waves of pocket money riffs on the vehicles and figures of all the different old factions would definitely scratch an itch for me. Get some space out there with a lot of variety and without committing to a full line.

Waiting for Benny the spaceman to pull through when the Lego movie sequel shows up.

Something I realized I'd like, playing through the force awakens video game, is Lego space micro fighters. There are some fantastic ships in there that aren't traditionally star wars looking. I know that probably wouldn't satisfy everyone, but a few waves of pocket money riffs on the vehicles and figures of all the different old factions would definitely scratch an itch for me. Get some space out there with a lot of variety and without committing to a full line.

Waiting for Benny the spaceman to pull through when the Lego movie sequel shows up.

Oh man, you can be sure that Benny will provide some great new retro Space set for the Lego Movie sequel (assuming, of course, that he returns as a major character).

That said, it would not be impossible for us to see another Lego Space theme (or references in other themes) in the meantime. And as far as parts are concerned next year should be great for Spacers whether or not we get a dedicated Space theme as well, between the continuation of Nexo Knights, The Lego Batman Movie (for which we've already seen at least one great-looking Trans. Yellow windscreen/canopy), and The Lego Ninjago Movie.

8 hours ago, msx80 said:

so, can we still hope for a space theme for 2017? i kind of hoped so..

I've heard no rumors of a space theme for the first half of the year, but some past Space themes have launched in the second half so there's still the chance of a new Space theme we haven't heard of.

In the meantime, some of the upcoming Nexo Knights and LEGO Batman Movie sets have parts that could be great for Space builders.

8 hours ago, msx80 said:

so, can we still hope for a space theme for 2017? i kind of hoped so..

Next year there wil be a new Star Wars movie, so I wouldn't count on it

i don't know about you guys, but i never could feel Star Wars as a "Lego space theme", even if it's definitely sci-fi and spaceships, for reasons even i can't comprehend.

On 11/11/2016 at 9:22 AM, msx80 said:

i don't know about you guys, but i never could feel Star Wars as a "Lego space theme", even if it's definitely sci-fi and spaceships, for reasons even i can't comprehend.

I share this exact feeling!