Bob De Quatre

LEGO Sci-Fi 2016 Pictures and Rumors

To add to the space parts coming out this year, the Friends fairground stuff has the classic space logo on slopes. Not sure if it was a print or sticker.

To add to the space parts coming out this year, the Friends fairground stuff has the classic space logo on slopes. Not sure if it was a print or sticker.

Can you name exact set number, please? :look:

Pretty sure they're all stickers. 9 classic space logos all up I think, plus the logo forms a small part of one other sticker. Brickset has recently posted high resolution pictures. Set 41128 for those interested.

Edit: Actually on closer inspection it looks like 6 classic space logo stickers as they skimped on stickers and only put on the outward facing side of the tail fins of the spaceships.

Edited by Hewman

Pretty sure they're all stickers. 9 classic space logos all up I think, plus the logo forms a small part of one other sticker. Brickset has recently posted high resolution pictures. Set 41128 for those interested.

Edit: Actually on closer inspection it looks like 6 classic space logo stickers as they skimped on stickers and only put on the outward facing side of the tail fins of the spaceships.

Thanx for the set number. :wink:

Actually - besides our beloved CS logo(s) & stuff: I, for some unspecified reason, really do more and more like those Friends pastel colors (Medium azure, Pink, Violet and trans-light blue combo)...I have like urge finding some usage for them in SPACE pseudo-subtheme, gee! :blush::laugh::grin:

Edited by bublible

I have like urge finding some usage for them in SPACE pseudo-subtheme

I had the same thought the other day! I was perusing my Medium Azure (Best color evar!) pieces, and I thought, "How could I get these in a Space build?" Azuretron? :laugh: There needs to be more bright color in Space MOCs.

Now I've got an itch... and it can only be scratched by building brightly-colored Space MOCs!

Those CS Friends stickers are pretty weak, IMO. Unless you're building Azuretron, Pinktron, or Magentatron. :sweet:

Edited by Junior Shark

Those CS Friends stickers are pretty weak, IMO. Unless you're building Azuretron, Pinktron, or Magentatron. :sweet:

Yea, but on the other hand - why not? :grin:

Just yesterday I kind of started with potential new SPACE-like pseudo subtheme called "Undersand" so I guess I could go that very fancy and bright way cos the more darker surroundings (ehm, literally creatures/race living IN THE SAND...LOL) the more colorful and neon-shining creatures, right (see parallel with real life deep sea shining fishes like that famous Devil fish)? :laugh:

Edited by bublible

Just yesterday I kind of started with potential new SPACE-like pseudo subtheme called "Undersand" so I guess I could go that very fancy and bright way cos the more darker surroundings (ehm, literally creatures/race living IN THE SAND...LOL) the more colorful and neon-shining creatures, right (see parallel with real life deep sea shining fishes like that famous Devil fish)? :laugh:

Intriguing. I can't wait to see that series!

They're definitely stickers—but on that note, I think they're holographic/foil stickers, sort of like some of the old Exploriens stickers. No idea whether that distinction makes them more or less interesting for Space builders than a more traditional logo sticker would be.

In terms of sci-fi in general, Nexo Knights continues to introduce interesting new parts (many of them well-suited to Space builders) in the summer sets, including new Tr. Fl. Reddish Orange windscreens, a brand-new 8x6 wedge piece, and angular axe blade pieces in Tr. Yellow. And while it's not really a Space theme (despite strangely being sorted into the Space subforum rather than Action Themes here on Eurobricks), an Exo-Force logo appears on 70592 Salvage M.E.C. in the Ninjago theme!

, an Exo-Force logo appears on 70592 Salvage M.E.C. in the Ninjago theme!

Oh wow- I just looked a bit closer at the box image! :wub: *Cue Ninjago/Exo Force crossover speculation*

Oh wow- I just looked a bit closer at the box image! :wub: *Cue Ninjago/Exo Force crossover speculation*

I doubt it's any more than a shout-out—same as the Sentai Mountain graphic from the Nindroid MechDragon. But awesome nonetheless!

To be honest, it kind of reminds me of the way many, many AFOL sci-fi MOCs have used repurposed Exo-Force stickers over the years!

I doubt it's any more than a shout-out

Oh for sure. It looks like there's also a Galaxy Squad callout on 70592.

Edited by Junior Shark

I was looking over the old exploriens/spyrius/blacktron 2/ space police 2 sets, I'm gutted they're not doing them because they were raw space ships/vehicles. I absolutely loved them. I had so much fun with them when I was young, my imagination took those ships and vehicles everywhere! I just feel sorry for the children nowadays having their imagination guided for them by themed sets like Star Wars already having some sort of pre written background, and not enjoying the completely fresh new spaceship designs those old CS things brought to us :(

Sure there is Nexo knights, but I just don't think it scratches that pure space theme itch. It just feels like its too 'actiony'...?

Edited by Fuppylodders

I was looking over the old exploriens/spyrius/blacktron 2/ space police 2 sets, I'm gutted they're not doing them because they were raw space ships/vehicles. I absolutely loved them. I had so much fun with them when I was young, my imagination took those ships and vehicles everywhere! I just feel sorry for the children nowadays having their imagination guided for them by themed sets like Star Wars already having some sort of pre written background, and not enjoying the completely fresh new spaceship designs those old CS things brought to us :(

Sure there is Nexo knights, but I just don't think it scratches that pure space theme itch. It just feels like its too 'actiony'...?

Man, I could not say it better - absolutely agree (tho I must admit I already bought complete Nexo Knights line too cos I somehow taking it as kind-of Space subtheme anyway :grin: )! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Edited by bublible

Come on now TLG! Give me a renewal of Ice Planet 2002! My favourite Lego theme ever!

I'd much rather have a rdboot of classic space. Based on the warlike space themes of recent years it could be classic space v blacktron.

Columbus

Guys! New Sci-Fi set in the summer wave! Should be available in store and S@H since June 1st!

27383982726_5fa3f25ea7_o.jpg

Guys! New Sci-Fi set in the summer wave! Should be available in store and S@H since June 1st!

Nice edit Bob.

Guys this is the real sci-fi set.

Alien.jpg

:tongue:

Edited by pittpenguin123

27383982726_5fa3f25ea7_o.jpg

So we'll get Exo Suit Mk. II in the summer wave? Awesome! :laugh:

Hi,I'm new here.

So,next year will get a new space theme?

When will get info?

Also,that Duplo Alien set,now that's must buy. :laugh:

Hi,I'm new here.

So,next year will get a new space theme?

When will get info?

Also,that Duplo Alien set,now that's must buy. :laugh:

Welcome to Eurobricks!

There are no information on a new Space theme. I'd really love to get a new Space theme in next year, but while Star Wars theme on, I'm afraid we won't see a Space theme anytime soon. :sceptic:

Welcome to Eurobricks!

There are no information on a new Space theme. I'd really love to get a new Space theme in next year, but while Star Wars theme on, I'm afraid we won't see a Space theme anytime soon. :sceptic:

I hope that will get a new space theme in 2017,the last one was 2013.

I hope that will get a new space theme in 2017,the last one was 2013.

I doubt there's going to be a new sub theme until Star Wars cools down around 2021, similar to how Space took a break from 99-07 (Not counting LOM). When Space actually comes back, however, I think it will be a very large theme, about the size of Mars Mission. That's something to look forward to!

Also, welcome to the boards. :classic:

Edited by BrickJagger