Sandy

Heroica RPG - Crescent Union

Yet another Z- mail shows up from "The Demon Germ". 

I got your "newsletter". And you are taking some sort of survey from the looks of it. I don't know why you can't just both things. But I guess you should start with the 

second option then work on the first one. 

The Demon Germ

Hybros gingerly entered the Crescent Headquarters and spoke his piece. "I know from experience the advantages of traveling. There is much more you can learn out there in the world than just here. I am sure many of the people in the Hovels never had a chance to leave this city. I think we should go with Option 1 and give them the opportunity."

"I select Option 1. An education is a fine thing to have for sure, but too many get caught up in simply having an education and not using it.  Having a job gives, purpose and pride."

Boris muses upon the propositions, he had seen first hand the misery and suffering that occurred in the hovels, "Gentlemen, as the holy writings say 'The poor will always be ever present.' If we are to send them away won't more unfortunate folk simply take their place? Would it not be better to raise them up from the mire as opposed to sending the mire elsewhere, after all, who knows what genius lies dormant among their midst simply because he was born within a mud hut and not in a palace?"

7 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

Boris muses upon the propositions, he had seen first hand the misery and suffering that occurred in the hovels, "Gentlemen, as the holy writings say 'The poor will always be ever present.' If we are to send them away won't more unfortunate folk simply take their place? Would it not be better to raise them up from the mire as opposed to sending the mire elsewhere, after all, who knows what genius lies dormant among their midst simply because he was born within a mud hut and not in a palace?"

Hybros nodded to the vampire. "I see what you mean, but your point works for the first option as well, heheh. If these people have the opportunity to travel and seek new knowledge and fortune... I think it will mean a lot. I was a stowaway for many years, but traveling has brought me peace, and more happiness than I could have found where I started. I would wish the same for others who have few other choices. Education is not the only way."

On 12/28/2016 at 10:12 PM, JimBee said:

Hybros nodded to the vampire. "I see what you mean, but your point works for the first option as well, heheh. If these people have the opportunity to travel and seek new knowledge and fortune... I think it will mean a lot. I was a stowaway for many years, but traveling has brought me peace, and more happiness than I could have found where I started. I would wish the same for others who have few other choices. Education is not the only way."

Boris paused for a moment in thought. "Education may not be the only way, but why not allow it to be a way? Surely anyone can simply gain passage on a ship whenever they want? An education for the people is something none of them could ever afford."

Vote Tally:

Option 1: 2 (Hybros, Hoke)
Option 2: 3 (Ezeran, Torald, Germ, )

Voting Closes in 4 days!!

Following a summons from the Crescent Union for an important debate, Thormanil managed to find his way into the mansion just as the tail end of the remarks were being made.  As he listened to the resulting debate among other members of the union, he found his position, and spoke to those who would listen:

"Education takes time, time we don't have. There's unrest in the city and we can get more folks outta here, into good jobs in a cleaner environment, more quickly with Jun's plan.  That's breathin' room for us, gets the masses out of the hands of the Wolfgang or the Bonapartes.  Once we've come in and made our move to help, we can worry about longer term things like schoolin' for all the folk."

Vote: Option 1 - Employment

heroicanpc-shanxianjipei.jpg
"It would appear we have a tie."

heroicanpc-maskedman.jpg
"Yes, it seems we are just as divided now as before we formed this union. We must show solidarity."

heroicanpc-jun2.jpg
"Precisely, already I have word that the Alliance is moving forward with some of their plans, though what they could be we shall have to see. As your elected representative, I motion that we continue with my proposal. The opportunity is sound, and while the thought of free education for all is certainly a noble one, we are in no position to finance such an undertaking. To do so would only put a greater burden on the remainder of this city, more so than it has already suffered."

heroicanpc-noctusshadeaux.jpg
"Transportation of zat many people... it will be quite an undertaking."

heroicanpc-jun2.jpg
"Not all of them wish to leave Count, we are merely providing the opportunity. And yes, we will need to ensure that the route is clear to Xu and that the initial settlement is well protected."

heroicanpc-umbrashadeaux.jpg
"It will require talent, diplomacy, and ingenuity."

heroicanpc-shanxianjipei.jpg
"Something that the individuals of this union are known for. Remember we do not do this merely for ourselves, but for a better Eubric. Come my son, we must contact Xu and inform them of the proceedings."

As the Ji Pei take their leave the remaining Shadeaux and Guild of Invision continue to discuss further proposals, well into the night.

All members of the Crescent Union may add a Crescent Seal to their Inventory. It may be equipped at any time, and does not use up an items spot. It will continue to be enhanced as other propositions are voted on.

Crescent Seal  (+2 Power, +1 Free item usage during the first round of battle)

Town Watch guards arrive on scene at the Chateau de Shadeaux. Moments later the Count is lead off in chains and the house barred from entrance. The members of the Crescent Union are scattered to their homes, disbanded.