Sandy

Heroica RPG - Crescent Union

"And if that's all you think the Ji Pei are capable of, you need to stick your nose into more books, my friend. The empire of Xu is exceedingly impressive in size and scope."

"Make no mistake master Whisperer, young master Ji Pei has probaly eaten off silver platters since birth, and never ever has he wished for anything in his life. He has led a life of plenty, and for that reason-good ruler or not-he will not last a day agaisnt Ulric and the Sungold's candidate, but master Holla is a fighter, a fighter for Eubric. He is the only candidate I have seen so far who will be able to stand up for themselves in the harsh politics of Eubric, which regretably, are not as civillised as those of other nations."

"Make no mistake master Whisperer, young master Ji Pei has probaly eaten off silver platters since birth, and never ever has he wished for anything in his life. He has led a life of plenty, and for that reason-good ruler or not-he will not last a day agaisnt Ulric and the Sungold's candidate, but master Holla is a fighter, a fighter for Eubric. He is the only candidate I have seen so far who will be able to stand up for themselves in the harsh politics of Eubric, which regretably, are not as civillised as those of other nations."

"You know nothing of Jun's strength, or Guts' for that matter."

"Unfortunately.... Hybros, is it? Diplomacy is not going to be as useful here. Guts can attest to the harrowing nature of bringing down Sorona and Haroka. I trust his strength over Jun's. Jun hardly even entered this conversation by his own hand. He himself would rather see Umbra lead."

Edited by Endgame

"Then why are you here, Dyric? Three of the six houses have united for the same cause, and we have chosen to join them. The power will lie in all of our hands, together."

I'm here because I believe Guts can take the core of the Crescent Union - freedom from oppression - and lead it out of the influence of the houses. I respect the houses and am willing to work with them, but I'm not letting them take control of Eubric again. Guts has no bias in the terms of this feud, his motivations lie elsewhere. That's why I'm here, to see the freedom Eubric deserves forged through Guts.

“And the Ji Pei in their position as one of the Houses in Power has been so successful at making life better for people. There is a big gap between creating a vision and making that vision happen. I daresay we have too many architects in this city, and not enough engineers and constructors. If you don't have fate in me, Lind, at least have fate in yourself. I'd give you a chance, not as ruler, but still, you'd work for the good of the city and the people.“

"If you win, Guts, I will calmly work for you in helping improve the situation, but I do not think your victory is the ideal solution for this city.

"Strength of fist will not solve anything. Jun has experience as a diplomat and recognizes the politics of Eubric. He will be most effective as 'king'. Guts belongs with us on the battlefield."

"Strength of fist will not solve anything. Jun has experience as a diplomat and recognizes the politics of Eubric. He will be most effective as 'king'. Guts belongs with us on the battlefield."

"Believe me when I say that I am for the nonviolent approach. However, the houses refused to reconcile anything before. Now, with crowns in the mix, the rift will grow ever larger. Besides... Having two Heroicans running for king? I find that preferable to Heroicans inevitably having to clash against the houses they once supported. Perhaps then our differences can be reconciled."

"You know nothing of Jun's strength, or Guts' for that matter."

Na'im leers at the Imp "Think again little man-it must be three, four years ago now that Jun Ji Pei was capured by the 108 stars of destiny and the heroes of Heroica were sent to rescue him-I say, if all Tao warriors were made of that kind of stuff its a miricale the council of the blue hand was only overthrown last year...Oh, but of course you were there when he was captured weren't you Hybros...why don't you tell us what really happened that day-everyone loves a gripping story after all."

Na'im leers at the Imp "Think again little man-it must be three, four years ago now that Jun Ji Pei was capured by the 108 stars of destiny and the heroes of Heroica were sent to rescue him-I say, if all Tao warriors were made of that kind of stuff its a miricale the council of the blue hand was only overthrown last year...Oh, but of course you were there when he was captured weren't you Hybros...why don't you tell us what really happened that day-everyone loves a gripping story after all."

"Such hostility is not necessarily warranted."

"Such hostility is not necessarily warranted."

"And who said anything about hostility my friend? My silken tounged compartoriot and I were merely discussing the merits of a particular candidate for the throne-by bringing up the concept of hostility, you make the tone of the conversation intrinsicly more hostile." says Na'im cooly, keeping his face completly free of any emotions

Edited by Enceladus

"And who said anything about hostility my friend? My silken tounged cmpartoriot and I were merely discussing the merits of a particular candidate for the throne-by bringing up the concept of hostility, you make the tone of the conversation intrinsicly more hostile." says Na'im cooly, keeping his face completly free of any emotions

I lean back nonchalantly against the pillar.

"Just trying tokeep the peace, my friend. he will answer if he wishes."

I lean back nonchalantly against the pillar.

"Just trying tokeep the peace, my friend. he will answer if he wishes."

"Naturally, naturally, aren't we all in this organisation..." Na'im sighs

Hybros raised an eyebrow. "Yes I was there. If you think the fact that he was captured indicates any weakness on his part, then you are mistaken. I have not seen you around the Hall before, you must be new. I do not think you or even Guts can claim to be able to fight off 108 warriors on your own in a single night. Even if you could, how does that indicate your ability to lead a city? Jun lived to tell the tale and has gone on to do great things for his family and others."

Hybros raised an eyebrow. "Yes I was there. If you think the fact that he was captured indicates any weakness on his part, then you are mistaken. I have not seen you around the Hall before, you must be new. I do not think you or even Guts can claim to be able to fight off 108 warriors on your own in a single night. Even if you could, how does that indicate your ability to lead a city? Jun lived to tell the tale and has gone on to do great things for his family and others."

"I do not doubt master Ji Pei's courage and his loyalty to his family and his city-he may be a saint at heart, but this city needs strong rulers who can stand up for themselves, not cunning politicians and spin doctors. Reputation is what mattters master Hybros, and if it was a choice between an Aoi diplomat or a veteran hero of Heroica, what choice do you think the people of this city will make? In another land or another age then yes I am certain that master Ji Pei would go down in history as a fine leader of men, but here in Eubric, we want the person with the best chance of winning over the ordinary people-the sailors, the fishermen-to be our candidate, so we can at least have a chance to get the union's views heard-and I am not convinced the people will empathise with master Ji Pei so much as master Holla...that is all."

"And yes, I am a relative newcomer to the hall, Na'im Thamir be my name, but I have seen more in my life than many of the heroes assembled here put together-why should a wise old man not put his thoughts forward. After all: we are making history here."

esn_bw1a.jpg

En Sabah Nur grinned. "Gentlemen, please. There is no need for such animosity, especially that which has been directed towards me. I have not transgressed against any of you. The trespasses against you have been conducted by the Wolfgang, a criminal organization that no longer exists or at least is not led or supported by the Wolf King." Nur gave a curt bow. "I am but a humble messenger who only wishes that should Ulric not ascend to his rightful place as king, there is one in place who the Wolf feels would rule justly in his stead. Mercenaries should not fill this role. Especially one who bullies others of his own organization and hoards his immearsurable wealth tighter than a dragon instead of contributing to the overall prosperity of the guild by funding its parties to ensure all comrades are always fully stocked with much needed consumables that not all can so readily afford. That speaks to his inadequate leadership skills as he is a selfish rogue who steps on the disenfranchised or 'little guy' in your vernacular."

"Why were you with Ulric in the first place then, my ethereal friend?

Besides... If a guy gets his gold, he deserves to keep it."

Edited by Endgame

esn_bw1a.jpg

En Sabah Nur grinned. "Gentlemen, please. There is no need for such animosity, especially that which has been directed towards me. I have not transgressed against any of you. The trespasses against you have been conducted by the Wolfgang, a criminal organization that no longer exists or at least is not led or supported by the Wolf King." Nur gave a curt bow. "I am but a humble messenger who only wishes that should Ulric not ascend to his rightful place as king, there is one in place who the Wolf feels would rule justly in his stead. Mercenaries should not fill this role. Especially one who bullies others of his own organization and hoards his immeasurable wealth tighter than a dragon instead of contributing to the overall prosperity of the guild by funding its parties to ensure all comrades are always fully stocked with much needed consumables that not all can so readily afford. That speaks to his inadequate leadership skills as he is a selfish rogue who steps on the disenfranchised or 'little guy' in your vernacular."

"If the Wolf is really so much for someone ruling justly, then why didn't you cast a vote towards Eubric becoming a republic? There's no juster system of ruling than that."

Besides... If a guy gets his gold, he deserves to keep it."

"Agreed. If it's earned fairly, it belongs to him to do with and use as he pleases."

"If the Wolf is really so much for someone ruling justly, then why didn't you cast a vote towards Eubric becoming a republic? There's no juster system of ruling than that."

"Unless we're talking about an incorruptible and omnipotent ruler, but I don't think we've got one of those available at the moment." The vampire smiled, "How do you all suppose this union will gain the good graces of the other factions within this city, the Academy or the Paladin order?"

QM Note: The first event ended yesterday when the time limit was reached. Boris's votes were the last ones that count.

This topic will never be locked because it will be used for future faction events.

At the desk of the Masked Man a strange plant suddenly sprouts as if materializing from a different realm. The plant grows with a steady pace and as the leaves of the plants unfurls there seems to be a message encoded in its veins: "The guild of invision has my allegiance. Your strive for progress is a noble one." It is signed by Ezeran who now is a member of the Cresent Union.

Edited by MysticModulus

Hybros found himself at the Crescent Union headquarters which were, for the moment, hosted in the Shadeaux Manor. Guts was nowhere to be found and Jun Ji Pei was the faction leader. The imp thought to himself how they arrived at this point. Not that it mattered - nothing had changed in Eubric so far and Baba was dead. It seemed the problems of the city were stirring and fermenting on their own accord, regardless of who was in charge.

There was a purpose greater than thoughtful reflection to Hybros' visit. He sought out the Crescent Union merchant and purchased a Tritech Upgrade. Suddenly the imp felt a tap on his shoulder. 

11213514676_06120fd5ac_o.jpg
"It has been some time, Hybros. Two years, eleven months and twenty-two days to be exact. I see you have just purchased one of the Tritech's very own weapon upgrades, designed by Vincent Legonardo himself! He would be proud to see it in action if he weren't on the opposite hemisphere of this planet." Nicole Telsa pushed her glasses up her nose. "Regardless, I can install that upgrade for you. To which weapon would you like it attached to?"

ava-hybros.jpg
"Oh, ehehm, yes I would like that very much." Hybros held out Zoot's Reaper. The curved sword whispered quietly to the imp, seeming eager for another upgrade. He also pulled out a chunk of Ancient Amber. "If you could perhaps work this in somehow, too, I would be most grateful, heheh..."

Nicole examined the mineral.
"What a curious specimen. I would be interested in analyzing it for a source and dating it. It could provide great insight to creatures who roamed Olegaia millennia ago!" Seeing the puzzled look on Hybros' face, the scientist conceded. "Or, I could just get to work, of course."

After several hours Telsa emerged from her workstation with a gleaming scythe, much different in appearance than Zoot's Reaper's original incarnation.

"I'm no blacksmith, but I must say your weapon is made up of quite the material. When I was installing the upgrade, your sword morphed into a scythe right before my eyes! What's more, it seemed to absorb our technology and incorporate it flawlessly in its design, along with the chunk of amber. I have never seen such technology in my life! I would surely like to examine and study it for... oh, right, ahem, you need it for fighting." She let out a sigh and handed the weapon over to Hybros. The mythril-infused blade shone in the light as a bright blue-silver.

29720726051_8a74662208_n.jpg

"Now, a few important features:
1. The mythril you already installed should prove plenty durable for any occasion. You will also find the blade to be incredibly sharp.
2. Whatever venom you spread over the original weapon is now concentrated in the barbs along the grip part of the staff. Deadly! Just don't poke yourself with them...
3. Our upgrade has added twin ax wings to the back part of the blade. They automatically adjust angle and rotation according to your position and swing for maximum armor-piercing capability.
4. The amber and electronic enhancements make the weapon naturally effective against undead and ancient enemies.
5. The very nature of your scythe is quite unique. I am confident that you will be able to change its form again, though I am not sure how you would do that.

With these qualities in mind and the naming specifications of its constituent upgrades, I propose the following name for your weapon:

Zoot's Ancient Reaper - Mythril Crimsamber Mk V (WP:30, damages undead, double damage to Ancient enemies, pierces SP, deals poisoned-7 and cursed; scythe, suitable to Hybros).

...Any questions?"

Hybros shook his head and beheld the magnificent scythe. After saying his praise, thanks, and goodbyes, he departed for the Marketplace.

SECOND FACTION EVENT - A NEW MOON RISES OVER EUBRIC

heroicanpc-shanxianjipei.jpg

"So it is decided then? My son will do well serving as the head of these affairs, he is well suited for the task." Shanxian Ji Pei rolls across the main common room of the Chateau de Shadeaux where other members of the Union sit quiet in conversation.

heroicanpc-maskedman.jpg

"Suited if we have a coup that is, in the affairs of the social sphere, I can't say many will find him all that relatable." At this Jun stands and addresses the growing crowd.

heroicanpc-jun2.jpg

"Perhaps not, but that is because we have failed to give the people opportunity to understand who we are and what we represent. Ignorance is what this city flounders in, we are so took up with our own affairs that we think not of those around us. Where is this better seen than in the Hovels of this fine city? Sitting there is potential, sitting there is growth, all it takes is tapping into it, allowing it to flourish and blossom, but first we must plant the seeds, we must give the opportunity for success!"

Proposition One: The Hovels

heroicanpc-jun2.jpg
Option 1: The New Old World
"With the transpiring of recent events in Xu, new opportunities have presented itself for development in my homeland. New comers to my country can be assured of fine paying employment and the chance to start afresh in a new country. Any man or woman of the hovels who wishes to see the world and make a difference in a country that strives to model itself after this fine city will be welcomed."

heroicanpc-maskedman.jpg
Option 2: Back to Basics
"It is plain to me that what the people of the hovels need is not simply a job, or a new roof over their head, but understanding. Too many of these sad folk are trapped in an ever ending cycle of poverty, held back not mainly by the chains of economy, but the chains of ignorance. To that end I propose we enroll every one of them within the Academy of Enlightenment, that we staff the facility 24/7 allowing all to freely learn to their hearts content. An education is what shall rise them up out of the muck and mire. Who knows what genius, what artists, what savants lie dormant within that only require our little aid to set them free."

Second Faction Event: Propositions

• Each hero within the Crescent Union can vote for one of the options on each proposition (there are more coming).  Whichever proposition gets the most votes by the end of the voting period will become the Crescent Union's official stance.
  • Each proposition comes with a hidden stats boost related to the proposition itself.  Once it is enacted, all members of the Crescent Union will be able to equip that boost if they so please.  They will be rewarded a Crescent Medallion, which will not take up any artifact spot.  This Medallion will continue to improve as more propositions are put into place.
  • Quests for the Crescent Union will reflect the propositions that are being voted on.

heroicanpc-umbrashadeaux.jpg

"Nuitan eez fine proof of what a good education can profide. Ze boy was a wreck befoure he entered into ze school. If everyone in ze Hovels had that oppourtunity just zink where zis city would be!"

heroicanpc-noctusshadeaux.jpg
"Zat is proposterouz, Nuitan iz a spezial case, besides, where will we find more teachours and how will we pay zem? Establishing better trade will allow everyone to rize togezer and what better way to establish better relationshipz wiz ze other nationz than zis propozal for recolonization."

Voting Ends Jan. 14th 12 AM EST (midnight of the 14th... however that is best denoted).

Several oddly shaped vines suddenly emerges from underneath the floorboards. As they grow to and fro over the floor a shape reminiscent of a Venus Fly Trap presents itself to the crowd. A small trail of smoke erupts from the nostrils and then the mouth begins to move. Echoing from the mouth is the voice of Ezeran.

"...Please excuse my informal entrance ladies and gentlemen but I'm currently out in the Fields and the protective wards of your location proved hard to overcome. 

I have recieved word of your proposition and it is my will and belief that enlightment and knowledge will be a wise strategy in this case. Enlighten the masses and we will not only have a loyal militia but an able one. True emancipation can not be achieved without education. I therefor cast my vote on option 2 regarding this first proposition. Over and out! "

The Venus fly trap was still standing but Ezerans prescence was gone.

Another letter appears. It reads: I, Torald Waruelf, hereby vote for option 2, Education. Happy Grogmas, Torald Waruelf.