Sign in to follow this  
Dennis Bosman

[MOC] Volvo NL12 with Conveyor Belt Trailer

However this model is five years old already it needed an update with some great events upcoming this autumn. Last year I modified the Volvo unit a little bit; some chassis mods, new drive train and boogie lift.

17444975412_966c5300df_c.jpg

16824421914_5de5da4a57_c.jpg

But now the biggest modifications needs to be done with the trailer. At LEGO World last year I had several malfunctions while unloading approx. 18 kg of beans. The belt was very dirty and it was stretched pretty much. As I just built two new end conveyors I'm modifying the one in the trailer as well. It looks like a massive operation but I'm hoping getting it fixed in a few evenings. With 'STEAM' coming early October I definitely need to get it running properly again.

21460790922_fc1382d1f6_c.jpg

What the hell?.....

I keep telling myself that this is Lego, but my brain just keeps rejecting that idea.. Jesus Christ.

Edited by sm1995

Hi Dennis, as always your trucks look great. But this Volvo with yellow and red color scheme is really good.

Thanks guys.

In a meanwhile I had to dismantle the entire bodywork. Otherwise I'm not able to fix the conveyor belt. Hopefully this will work out pretty well.

21606021582_c87b1b8d6e_c.jpg

This one's getting a fresh appearance at the moment; I'm trying to get rid off al studs. Also inside the trailer. I have plenty of tiles now compared to when I was building the model.

17499354_1145343755576572_51473146346089

Edited by Dennis Bosman

It is really interesting to see how model evolves trough years. I Have never rebuilt my models after they were finished, but maybe I will? Keep it up, without studs it will look great :)

8 hours ago, M_longer said:

It is really interesting to see how model evolves trough years. I Have never rebuilt my models after they were finished, but maybe I will? Keep it up, without studs it will look great :)

I won't do this to each of my existing models. Like the orange Renault I still have on the shelf laden with the CAT dozer. That one's too aged (over 10 years now). The Volvo could use an update and I like the techniques inside the trailer. Awaiting for the final pieces to finish the model.

Updating an existing model might be an easy job to do in between. It doesn't take as much time as raising a new one. And to be honest; some of these I still have to keep ...