Garmadon

Historica Husbandry: Old Bruin and His Tale

21441424542_f338d12cc8_z.jpg

Old Bruin was hungry - of course he always was, but it happened that now he was even more so than usual. What with all the turmoil going on in Historica, not even he could escape the general lack of food... at least relatively speaking. With his thoughts running in these rather uncomfortable channels, the Bruin, with a pit in his stomach at least the size of a Kaliphlinian rhinoceros - supposing such things exist - wandered into the meadow, where his eyes rested upon a most appetizing sight.

20831310833_7fa51aa0ff_z.jpg

There in the middle of the field stood an unfortunate hunter - though whether it was more unfortunate for the hunter or Bruin that he happened to be there would be hard to tell. He certainly did not seem to be relishing his task. Unnoticed by Bruin, his companion, who he seemed ready to die to exchange places with, strung his bow with a grin and a wink.

21460950741_69e42af20c_z.jpg

Though it was cold, the sweat poured down the not-very-experienced hunter's face, as he pricked the Bruin in the side. Meditating on the little rascal's audacity, Bruin raised his arms to protest... well, that is what he said, anyhow.

21460906501_c5aa450cc1_z.jpg

Well, there the poor old Bruin's tale was cut short - rather like the tail's of most of his kind, you may note - by an arrow from the archers unerring bow.

20831298223_39fefe7288_z.jpg

:laugh::grin: My entry to SK's husbandry challenge, and one of my favorite builds to date... and it was about time to build something in Mitgardia again! Although he was undoubtedly the most difficult part of the build, the bear - at least his arms and legs - are pretty poseable, and was a lot of fun to build. Thanks for viewing, C&C are welcome! :sweet:

Edited by Garmadon

:laugh: Very cute bear, I love his "I surrender!" pose! :tongue: Great landscape too, especially those trees! :thumbup:

Great work!!! Love the trees, how did you make them?

The bear and his posing are excellent!!

Thanks all! :sweet:

Those trees....that bear....awesome. :wub:

Thanks a lot GG, glad you like it! :sweet:

Oh,the vegetation... (silence)

Great job, also on the rest of the build

Ha, ha, thanks Titus! :wink:

Great work all around, this build even smells like Mitgardia! Very nice brick built bear, I can't seem do build any animals with bricks!

Ha, ha, thanks MN, glad it does! This was one of my first and took quite a while, but I'm pretty happy with how he turned out!

:laugh: Very cute bear, I love his "I surrender!" pose! :tongue: Great landscape too, especially those trees! :thumbup:

Ha, ha, thanks a lot Kai! :laugh: The trees were one of my favorite parts!

Great work!!! Love the trees, how did you make them?

The bear and his posing are excellent!!

Thanks dG, glad you liked them! :sweet: I believe Gideon has done some like these a long time ago, but I'm not sure how similar they are as I haven't checked his for quite a while! The leaves are attached using these pieces with these clipped on, and the leaves are attached to those, with the bottom levels stuck out a bit farther with 2x1 plates. Hope that helps! :grin: Maybe I should do a tutorial on it sometime!

Love the bear. Oh man. I also like the look of the landscape. The chunky snow really works here.

Very fitting landscape for Mitgardia, the pine trees are especially cool :thumbup: Excellent bear too, not super realistic looking, but easily recognizable which is the important thing :classic:

Nice landscaping, Garmadon!

The pine trees look great, as does the bear with his charming cartoonish look! The foliage looks very fitting for Mitgardia, especially with the snow.

Thanks all!

Love the bear. Oh man. I also like the look of the landscape. The chunky snow really works here.

Thanks mccoyed! I believe this is my first try at this chunky kind of snow, so I'm glad it turned out well!

Great work here, Garm! The snow is very nice and I really like those trees :thumbup:

Thanks LJ, glad you like it! :sweet:

Very fitting landscape for Mitgardia, the pine trees are especially cool :thumbup: Excellent bear too, not super realistic looking, but easily recognizable which is the important thing :classic:

:laugh: Ha, ha, yes, the bear did turn out a bit more cartoonish than realistic! :grin: Thanks a lot SK!

Nice landscaping, Garmadon!

The pine trees look great, as does the bear with his charming cartoonish look! The foliage looks very fitting for Mitgardia, especially with the snow.

Thanks Slegengr! I was really happy with how the trees looked, and I'm glad you liked the bear as well! :laugh::wink:

Great landscape, funny story, and as you have said, one of your bests to date! I love it!

Wow - great build, Garmadon!

The bear is cute, yet still imposing, and the foilage is great too. What I like the most is probably those great snowdrifts and the posing of the hunters/bear. :thumbup:

Great landscape, funny story, and as you have said, one of your bests to date! I love it!

Thanks a lot kabel, glad you liked it as well! :sweet:

Wow - great build, Garmadon!

The bear is cute, yet still imposing, and the foilage is great too. What I like the most is probably those great snowdrifts and the posing of the hunters/bear. :thumbup:

Thanks Bregir! Although I am Mitgardian, this is actually the first time I have tried the larger snowdrifts, and I really liked how they ended up!

Nice foliage and snow :classic:

I also think the trees look quite good, except for that they are too rounded on the top compared to real spruce trees imho.

Nice foliage and snow :classic:

I also think the trees look quite good, except for that they are too rounded on the top compared to real spruce trees imho.

Thanks Gideon, glad you like it! Hmm, yes, I agree about the tops there, I'll have to see about a better way to top it off next time I build one :wink: Thanks for pointing it out though! :classic: