Kai NRG

Historica Husbandry - The Vinyard

20829411673_3398ef1ed4_z.jpg

Down on the coast of southern Kaliphlin temperatures are perfect for growing grapes, and thanks to how out-of-the-way the spot is, it has been left relatively untouched by the civil war that tore the rest of the guild apart. Since Ageven's home town isn't too far away, he payed the owner of one of the largest vinyards in the sector a visit, and convinced him to ship a few much-desired loads of grapes into the interior of Kaliphlin.

20829424113_57948e93c3_z.jpg

Picking grapes in the hot sun can be hot work!

21263642619_a53916ec61_z.jpg

As the grapes are picked, sorted, and packed, they're being loaded onto carts for transportation.

21439581302_d6d91039aa_z.jpg

21450552955_2756026fbb_z.jpg

The wealthy owner has a fairly elaborate country mansion on the site.

20827803954_3c02a71cdb_z.jpg

From the elevated second story Ageven and he can get a good view of the operations!

20829465043_d14dc96893_z.jpg

I've been wanting to build one of these for quite a while and Soccerkid's contest was the perfect opportunity! I really enjoyed the vine part even though it got a bit tedious. Quite please with how it turned out on the whole although I do think the pictures could be better (but I always think that!).

Also, I now have a lot more respect for those of you who do crazy roofs. That corner took me foreeeever! :wink:

Comments and criticism are welcome! Thanks for looking!

Ok, i concede. yours is way better. :laugh: i suppose the grapes have to do something with that, but the roof of your build is also very southern and perfectly executed- as is the rest of your build. This is my favored build of you! I love the Kaliphlin feeling. Good job!

Beautiful build! :thumbup:

Thanks Graham!

Ok, i concede. yours is way better. :laugh: i suppose the grapes have to do something with that, but the roof of your build is also very southern and perfectly executed- as is the rest of your build. This is my favored build of you! I love the Kaliphlin feeling. Good job!

:laugh: Pretty soon you'll be building stuff this size, so just keep plugging away!

Thanks! That roof sure gave me some trouble! :hmpf_bad:

Love the building- nice mix of colours!

Thanks LV!

Now that's a vinyard! Great work here Kai, everything from the interiors to the roof, and especially the plants themselves look great.

Thank you!

Very nice and very suitable to Kaliphlin with a vinyard :classic:

Someone has to give you a run for your money! :grin: Thanks!

Nice creation ! :thumbup: Love the floor !

Thanks BMS!

Fantastic build Kai, definitely one of your best :wub: The wall texturing, path, and vines are all excellent :thumbup:

Thank you LJ!

Very nice build, Kai!

That roof is superb! The vinyard is also very nice with the climbing vines and (gigantic:) grapes. This build is a definite fit for Kaliphlin!

Fantastic build Kai, lovely vineyard, and that mansion is excellent as well! Great job with all the activity going on, and very nice photography (as usual! :wink:) :thumbup:

One of your best to date! The roof, the vines, the walls all just very neat! Kinda reminds me a bit of the vineyard I had once build. However, where are the folks trampling in the grapes?

Very nice build, Kai!

That roof is superb! The vinyard is also very nice with the climbing vines and (gigantic:) grapes. This build is a definite fit for Kaliphlin!

Thanks! Grapes grow ginormous in Kaliphlin! :grin:

Fantastic build Kai, lovely vineyard, and that mansion is excellent as well! Great job with all the activity going on, and very nice photography (as usual! :wink:) :thumbup:

Thanks Garmadon!

One of your best to date! The roof, the vines, the walls all just very neat! Kinda reminds me a bit of the vineyard I had once build. However, where are the folks trampling in the grapes?

Thank you! As a matter of fact, I was thinking of your build with regard to the roof color!

As they say, "he who rings the bells can't walk in the procession" (I guess that's a rather archaic proverb, but anyhow! it fits); I can't build everything! :grin: Actually, I thought about it, but there really wasn't enough space!

Glad you were able to get an entry in, and a lovely one at that :thumbup: The whole building is excellent, particularly the cheese mosaics and trellis design. The red roof looks nice as well, though it'd be even better in my opinion, if the corner of the roof continued square with the edge of the rest, rather than cutting back in. Much easier to suggest that, than to actually build it of course :laugh:

Great vine designs too :classic:

Glad you were able to get an entry in, and a lovely one at that :thumbup: The whole building is excellent, particularly the cheese mosaics and trellis design. The red roof looks nice as well, though it'd be even better in my opinion, if the corner of the roof continued square with the edge of the rest, rather than cutting back in. Much easier to suggest that, than to actually build it of course :laugh:

Great vine designs too :classic:

Believe me, I tried with that roof. :wacko: Mind boggling stuff. :laugh: I had this awful looking curve that just suddenly fell apart at one point and I thought, you know, it looks way better without it. :tongue: So I just polished it off and called it good.

Thank you however! The vines were my favorite part... so beautiful... :grin:

This is brilliant, Kai - I really think you have outdone yourself this time! :thumbup:

The building, the groundwork, the vines - and all the life around the build is all just brilliant! :wub:

The roof turned out great, and I really like the texturing of the walls.

I have no ideas for improvements whatsoever! Great work! :thumbup:

This is brilliant, Kai - I really think you have outdone yourself this time! :thumbup:

The building, the groundwork, the vines - and all the life around the build is all just brilliant! :wub:

The roof turned out great, and I really like the texturing of the walls.

I have no ideas for improvements whatsoever! Great work! :thumbup:

Thanks Bregir! :sweet: