___

[software] SunFlow for BR - bublible's builds + TIPS & TRICKS

@M2m : Bubble contacted me and asked me to tell you that something is coming and this should be fixed soon.

Now that sounds promising.I would really hate it to see bubible go without a Word.

Awesome.

The watermark is too conspicuous and I'll probably credit Bublible using separate link next to images, nevertheless it's great that he's back with his mod.

watermarked%20hourglass%2001.pngwatermarked%20light%20bulb%2001.pngwatermarked%20snowball%2001.png

Ability to show brick seams bought me instantly. Models look a lot better now.

But I have also found an error with rendered road base plates (standard ones are fine). There's some noise applied to them:

jAgcY27.png

iOF37Yj.png

Ability to show brick seams bought me instantly. Models look a lot better now.

But I have also found an error with rendered road base plates (standard ones are fine). There's some noise applied to them:

jAgcY27.png

iOF37Yj.png

I'd suggest to report to the developer directly as his homepage. He is no longer active on eurobricks. But on his own homepage he is quite supportive :classic:

I'd suggest to report to the developer directly as his homepage. He is no longer active on eurobricks. But on his own homepage he is quite supportive :classic:

Well, that depends...

BTW, regarding error about paths being wrong - you can open scene.sc file in any text editor and fix it yourself (scene.sc in in the main bluerender directory). Actually, editing your own scene files gives you much more control over rendering process. You can change a range of settings like types of light sources, camera zoom, quality of lighting or antialiasing. If you put a copy of a scene file in the same directory as your build and name it the same (so you have build_name.lxf and build_name.sc next to each other), Bluerender will automatically use this .sc file instead of one from default directory. This way you don't lose rendering setting you used previously if you want to render something else.

regarding error about paths being wrong - you can open scene.sc file in any text editor and fix it yourself

Did that.. and now it works on my Mac ! Thanks for the tip!

Will look into editing the scene.sc file once I have time. But thats what I liked about blurender and it's successors... that it works out of the box :classic:

Did that.. and now it works on my Mac ! Thanks for the tip!

Indeed, the default paths in scene.sc doesn't work on MacOS. Told Bublible, but he didn't changed it. If you download the mac app from his website, the path is fixed in the bundle I created.

Indeed, the default paths in scene.sc doesn't work on MacOS. Told Bublible, but he didn't changed it. If you download the mac app from his website, the path is fixed in the bundle I created.

I like the effort you put into creating a macbundle. But its quite a big download (more the 100MB) as it includes also the Java binaries I think. As said the windows version works fine on my Mac - as it is Java it should be indeed platform independant. And it saves me some download time :wink:

I like the effort you put into creating a macbundle. But its quite a big download (more the 100MB) as it includes also the Java binaries I think. As said the windows version works fine on my Mac - as it is Java it should be indeed platform independent. And it saves me some download time :wink:

I downloaded it tonight and it was ~87MB, installed like a charm once I temporarily dropped the security level (always makes me nervous, but hey).

Yesterday, I tried downloading it multiple times but only got a 745 byte zipfile and lots of dubious looking popup ads, but tonight it worked fine. Dunno what changed from yesterday to today, but I'm a happy renderer now. :sweet:

Thank you Malou for putting the bundle together, and of course Bublible for the mod! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Few days after I posted about that I was browsing his site and found out that he knows about it and he's not going to fix it (apparently it's an error in LDD texture mapping for these parts). It can be fixed by turning off "exactdecorbp" option in scene file. Although, there are two other errors; one with plate material (which can be easily worked around) and one with rendering custom texture. Which I didn't have time to report yet.

Here's something I was working on (only safe print left to make and I'll post few renders in appropriate forum):

43Z1tjh.png

I like the effort you put into creating a macbundle. But its quite a big download (more the 100MB) as it includes also the Java binaries I think. As said the windows version works fine on my Mac - as it is Java it should be indeed platform independant. And it saves me some download time :wink:

Yes indeed, the build is quite large because the whole Java Binaries are included. This is done so it will work, whatever version of java you have installed (if any). But otherwise, it is indeed platform independent and the Windows version will work on Mac with the proper paths and java version. If you're interested, I could probably make a bundle without Java next version.

On 2/1/2016 at 7:40 PM, ___ said:

All files edited and included in the .zip file + you need to also edit "plocha" material in bublible_materials.sc inside Bluerender/bublible/sc/ folder so that the "diff" value is "0 0 0".

ZIP

20160201_Basilica-IPB_bublible.jpg

I'm new to the sunflow mod here, and i too have been trying to change my background color. But I do not see a the word "plocha" in the directory Bluerender/bublible/sc

Hi all, I hope it's alright to be asking questions here. BUSUFL is fairly sluggish on my machine so I have to use this nifty mod for now.

The question is, has anyone succeeded in adding a custom image in place of the background or the plane? Couldn't find a solid answer in this topic. And no, post-editing won't cut it. Thanks in advance!

I forgot about this tool. It really needs a Wikia to document how you set it up, use it, etc. I am mostly interested in a text-based interface (like POV-Ray), for instance. JavaScript/JSON would be ideal.

Edited by Dilvish

It seems SunFlow itself is dead. The developers deleted their forum, and the last update on the homepage was in 2007.

i need to learn how exactly this mod can do...

anyway, in the first page i cant see the reference link for the download....where i can find this mod?

@Rustinidiel I don't think you can anymore. From what I can tell, the dev had some kind of bust up with our mod Superkalle (I've noticed Bublible having something of a gripe about him elsewhere, though he didn't go into specifics beyond name calling...), and decided to take his mod offline - as well as any helpful instructional posts previously written. :hmpf:

On 10/3/2018 at 2:28 AM, Rustinidiel said:

i need to learn how exactly this mod can do...

anyway, in the first page i cant see the reference link for the download....where i can find this mod?

On 10/4/2018 at 11:42 AM, Blip said:

@Rustinidiel I don't think you can anymore. From what I can tell, the dev had some kind of bust up with our mod Superkalle (I've noticed Bublible having something of a gripe about him elsewhere, though he didn't go into specifics beyond name calling...), and decided to take his mod offline - as well as any helpful instructional posts previously written. :hmpf:

It looks like Bublible is still working on his mod. You can download it from his website http://lego.queryen.com/?s=busufl&j=en.

2 hours ago, Equilibrium said:

It looks like Bublible is still working on his mod. You can download it from his website http://lego.queryen.com/?s=busufl&j=en.

Not quite:  BUSUFL is a separate tool, not intended as a modification to Bluerender.

(ETA: I've tried BUSUFL already, and actually decided to stick with BR)

Edited by Blip

Mhm, I thought it's the same thing but with nicer GUI. I haven't been here for a while. In that case I can upload "bublible_sunflow_20160717-win" and ~300 pages pdf of sunflow wiki from 2016.