___

[software] SunFlow for BR - bublible's builds + TIPS & TRICKS

Neat,the Background Color setting by Hex works like a Charm.

Soooo......(please don`t hit me....)is there something similar in the Works for the Groundplane?

It should work with any Color definition in .sc there is, so if you know the name of the material used for your Groundplane then just replace its vvalue with the HEX one. :wink:

To specify it even further for you:

you have 10 LDD projects and every one has different background and resolution settings: how do you save those for every single one separately? The way you are saying (the way BR normlay operates) saving it just for itself, for BR, not individualy, THEREFORE MY MOD SOLVING THIS BY MANUAL VALUES INSTEAD OF BR VARIABLES which in turn breaks Parameter tabs usage...I really hope we understand now and you are no longer wondering why I want overwrite .sc, BUT I never said anything about generic sccene.sc file: I just provide it right away as template so ppl can use my MOD right away (therefore it is modified tho it is universal sc for projects without separate sc file)

Okay, so I said I agreed to stop there because you did but you don’t, so let’s continue.

Stop saying that I don’t understand what you wish. I do.

Stop saying that the %BLA% way doesn’t work. It does.

For now, your modifications don’t write a specific .sc file for each .lxf. Nor does it overwrite one if it already exists.

For now, GUI parameters work with %BLA%, not without.

For now, having %BLA% in the generic scene.sc and writing specific .sc files for specific .lxf works both for the original BR and your modifications. There’s absolutely no difference.

So, okay, you may be paving the way for a total eradication of variables in .sc files, but variables do still work.

So, okay, you wrote those modifications (and I already lauded you for that), and initiated this topic, but I still don’t see why I ought not describe something that does work.

(Oh, by the way, if merely pointing something that works but is not your prefered way is reason enough to bar me from using your work, why is it that the fact your prefered way isn’t the original BR’s one doesn’t bar you from using mx80’s work?)

Okay, so I said I agreed to stop there because you did but you don’t, so let’s continue.

Stop saying that I don’t understand what you wish. I do.

Stop saying that the %BLA% way doesn’t work. It does.

For now, your modifications don’t write a specific .sc file for each .lxf. Nor does it overwrite one if it already exists.

For now, GUI parameters work with %BLA%, not without.

For now, having %BLA% in the generic scene.sc and writing specific .sc files for specific .lxf works both for the original BR and your modifications. There’s absolutely no difference.

So, okay, you may be paving the way for a total eradication of variables in .sc files, but variables do still work.

So, okay, you wrote those modifications (and I already lauded you for that), and initiated this topic, but I still don’t see why I ought not describe something that does work.

(Oh, by the way, if merely pointing something that works but is not your prefered way is reason enough to bar me from using your work, why is it that the fact your prefered way isn’t the original BR’s one doesn’t bar you from using mx80’s work?)

@SylvainLS, please, my friend - cool down as I do not want to be banned as it slightly starting go bite my nerves therefor I cannot be quiet - tho I wanted to - when you really do not understand what I am talking about saying what you are saying, yet I still I think you are kind person - please, let's be all just fine and somewhat positive... :sweet:

Just to point out some stuff you may not know :classic: :

- first: it was me who suggested long time ago to @msx80 making this feature (besides many other useful things he already have included in original BR that you thinking are just there "like that" and that they probably were there always - no, many of them were not and some are not still) of separate .sc for every LDD project there is cos it has its logic so it is not me doing/suggesting something that is wrong, it is the opposite way that is BR GUI should rightly first check real value in actual .sc, then putting it inside parameters tab and if user change it writing it back to the specific .sc file - that would be the right behavior, why aren't you able understanding this is beyond me, really... THIS IS REALLY JUST A Parameter tab bug, period (this way values are never saved with respective sc file thus it completely negates one of the reasons for separate .sc to exist), so it is not my MOD that should/could write something somewhere into BR GUI cos it is only @msx80 who holds src to its BR part which is the only one that can actually manipulate with Parameters tab values...easy understandable I guess :wink:

- secondly: where I am paving what eradication of variables? I think you have it messed up: I am not against variables, I am against SW NOT WORKING RIGHT with quite visible "logical" bugs in it (the fact something works as it does just does not mean it is OK when it is clear from the logical point of view of things that it is a bug in the SW that needs to be solved but only BR GUI author can, that is @msx80, so until he makes it I need to do it like I do by manually entering those values!)

- thirdly: and you really still do not get it - once again: let's assume I have 10 different LDD projects - .lxf files - for which I want different values to be saved so when I return to them let's say after a month they'll be there just like I left them when i was working on them (incl. different colors for background, different rendered image resolution etc.), now tell me how your solution (or existing BR's Parameters tab behavior) solving this? I have temporarily solved that by returning to manual input of values, it has absolutely nothing to do with any kind of erradicting of any variables at all

"(Oh, by the way, if merely pointing something that works but is not your preferred way is reason enough to bar me from using your work, why is it that the fact your preferred way isn’t the original BR’s one doesn’t bar you from using mx80’s work?)"

Well, maybe one of the reasons could be that I actually pushed it much further than it ever was before and never touched his own work at all so what you are asking for is nonsense: all he did in SunFlow was adding some code in SCParser.java so it can parse .lxf file (that is what he told me in e-mail I think long time ago when I join in), his main work was/is BR GUI frontend, you know - remember: SunFlow (BR actual rendering engine) is free/OS JAVA code - in reality when it comes to BR (or better said it actual real rendering egine: SW's heart and brain if you will) the thing is - if you like it or not - it is me who is mostly working on the stuff these days/months, not Nicola (@msx80) as it looks his prime time work is mainly BluePrint yet I never said it is my cos it is not: all credit for existenc eof BR needs to go to him, not me BUT without me you would not have what you have now + I also suggested/pointed out many things to @msx80 that needs to be solved (but he probably have very little time cos there was no update of BR for a year or so)...wheres you only bitching here about things you do not understand quite right yet did not provide anything useful to community so far at all, hm (sorry, but this needed to be said when you slapping "giving hand")?

+ I never actually ordered you abandon my MODs I just point out that if you are not happy with it arguing with me about stuff you simply do not understand (or I am not able explain in full as english is really not my native language and I am pretty terrible at it, sorry) to use original BR and not spamming this topic with absurd posts where I am trying to explain the problem several times to you but you still comes back with the same stuff - I am a bit tired of it all, really" :hmpf_bad: And also I would like to point out that if it would not be me you all would not have the fine tool you have now with all the stuff: please look back to previous version of BR before I join in and tel me if you see some difference... :tongue:

I hope this is really our last exchange of this kind cos else I would need to ask some admins to take control of this mess, really (it is not I am angry at you or that I cannot stand your point, not at all, I just have no mean or power to constantly explaining stuff you seem to not understand well, sorry - it really becomes some "word war" which I do not like at all). :sceptic:

That being said I wish you good night hoping our communication will continue as normal. :thumbup:

Edited by bublible

And therefor I just released my new MOD that actually introduces real HEX value for Color...hope you will find it any useful. :sweet:

THERE IS NEW VERSION UPDATE (v20160127) at the top of this topic in my first initial message... :wink:

The Mac package has been updated : http://dl.bbqsoftwares.com/LDD/Bluerender_bublible.zip

Again, let me know if this works or not on your Mac :)

Edited by Malou

ok. so i figured out the background stuff, thanks by the way, but the ground plane is still white. anything i can do there?

@SylvainLS, please, my friend - cool down (…)

I’m not the one who yells, even if it’s in color…

Just to point out some stuff you may not know : (…)

Again, I already know that and understand that you think that…

why aren’t you able understand this is beyond me, really... THIS IS REALLY JUST A Parameter tab bug, period (this way values are never saved with respective sc file thus it completely negates one of the reasons for separate .sc to exist),

… and I still don’t see why I couldn’t use this bug/feature.

so it not my MOD that should/could write something somewhere into BR GUI cos it is only @msx80 who holds src to its BR part which is the only one that can actually manipulate with Parameters tab values...easy understandable I guess

So why did you say:

I guess it is more expectable to do I told my MOD do than doing something that this MOD is actually against (that is using Parameters tab for setting values as they are not stored with sc after closing BR)

if you don’t intend to nor have any way to actually enforce it?

- secondly: where I am paving what eradication of variables?

You don’t want them, you’ve repeated it several times.

You suppressed (some of) them in the generic scene.sc to “force” people not to use them.

Every time I point out that they work, you berate me, even if I always talk about using them in the generic scene.sc and even if I always describe it only as an alternative to actual values.

(…)

(the fact something works as it does just does not mean it is OK when it is

clear from the logical point of view of things that it is a bug in the SW

Again, that’s where we disagree and you don’t need to reexplain again your rationale. My opinion is if it works, I can use it.

- thirdly: and you really still do not get it - once again: let's assume I have 10 different LDD projects - .lxf files - for which I want different values to be saved so when I return to them let's say after a month they'll be there just like I left them when i was working on them (incl. different colors for background, different rendered image resolution etc.), now tell me how your solution (or existing BR's Parameters tab behavior) solving this? I have temporarily solved that by returning to manual input of values, it has absolutely nothing to do with any kind of erradicting of any variables at all

No, you didn’t solve anything, you just broke the expected behavior (even if this behavior is not plainly satisfactory).

You replaced %BLA% with values.

You tell people to change the values.

People are using the generic scene.sc file. So they are manually rewriting the generic file each time.

How does it save the values for each .lxf? It does not.

What it does is that people are confused about why the parameters tab doesn’t work.

(…)

wheres you only bitching here about things you do not understand quite right yet did not provide anything useful to community so far at all, hm (sorry, but this needed to be said when you slapping "giving hand")?

I’m not bitching nor slapping anyone’s hand. I’m just describing something that works.

How is it that me describing something that works is forcing you to do it that way?

The Mac package has been updated : https://www.dropbox....lible).zip?dl=0

Again, let me know if this works or not on your Mac :)

I would like to ask you: can I put it in the initial message of this topic (and would do that everytime you update it according to my MOD releases in future) so that MAC users can find it easily everytime there is neew release (actually I would make separate WIN and MAC downloads)? :wink:

Or even better (if it is applicable): could you please describe me in PM how you are doing that so I can do that myself automatically together with my "normal" WIN release, please?

+ of course, I put credit to you in that MAC download version. :thumbup:

ok. so i figured out the background stuff, thanks by the way, but the ground plane is still white. anything i can do there?

Please, can you show me how does your ground plane code looks (or even better: can you send me your .sc file)?

Of course you can add the link to the first post.

I'll have a look when I'm back from work, but you should be able to update the files on a Windows machine. I'll PM you then.

Of course you can add the link to the first post.

I'll have a look when I'm back from work, but you should be able to update the files on a Windows machine. I'll PM you then.

That sounds great - I'll be waiting for your PM. :thumbup:

That sounds great - I'll be waiting for your PM. :thumbup:

Actually, anybody can update the java part of the mac bundle now that it's "built" (and not code signed since I don't own an Apple Dev account). Just open the app folder and update the files in the "Bluerender.app\Contents\Java". On Mac, right click and choose "Show package content" to see the Content folder. On windows you should be able to open the folder directly.

Actually, anybody can update the java part of the mac bundle now that it's "built" (and not code signed since I don't own an Apple Dev account). Just open the app folder and update the files in the "Bluerender.app\Contents\Java". On Mac, right click and choose "Show package content" to see the Content folder. On windows you should be able to open the folder directly.

Aha, so if I understood it right all I have to do is I just copying whole .zip content (i guess without the __MACOSX) and updating my stuff inside Java folder there, right?

Edited by bublible

Exactly. Didn't test, but should work.

Just a small question: are all those .jar files out of their BIN folder intentionally (so that it works only that way for MAC) or is it like that by mistake? :look:

For the jar, yes and no. They could be moved in a bin folder (except the main one I guess), but the config file need to be updated.

For the jar, yes and no. They could be moved in a bin folder (except the main one I guess), but the config file need to be updated.

You know, I am asking cos it'd be very good if there need to be just as little differences between WIN and MAC versions as possible so it'd be much easier to make.

Isn't it therefor just a matter of rewriting this line:

app.classpath=.:itextpdf-5.5.6.jar:xom-1.2.10.jar:lwjgl.jar:je-6.3.8.jar:lwjgl_2.jar:janino.jar:sunflow.jar

...into something like this one (I am only guessiong by the ".:" logic for the first .jar):

app.classpath=.:bin:itextpdf-5.5.6.jar:xom-1.2.10.jar:lwjgl.jar:je-6.3.8.jar:lwjgl_2.jar:janino.jar:sunflow.jar

or:

app.classpath=.:/bin/:itextpdf-5.5.6.jar:xom-1.2.10.jar:lwjgl.jar:je-6.3.8.jar:lwjgl_2.jar:janino.jar:sunflow.jar

???

Or does it require some other changes in the script elsewhere? Please, correct me if I am wrong so i can finally add it to my initila message of this topic so every MAC useer in neeed can easily find it there. :wink:

Edited by bublible

I'll have a look when I come back from work, but I think it's more "app.classpath=.:bin/itextpdf-5.5.6.jar:bin/xom..."

I know the method I used for Mac should work for Windows too. That means bundling a JRE with the app in a single .exe file...

I'll have a look when I come back from work, but I think it's more "app.classpath=.:bin/itextpdf-5.5.6.jar:bin/xom..."

I know the method I used for Mac should work for Windows too. That means bundling a JRE with the app in a single .exe file...

So I will rather wait for your "final solution" for this problem when you are back home then... :grin:

Here you go. Same link as before: https://www.dropbox....lible).zip?dl=0

OK, thanx a lot. So if I understand it right The Unarchiver for MAC is able to open 7-zip files, right (cos I am using that compression cos its ratio is much higher, for example your 78MB zip was compressed to 53MB with 7zip)?

Edited by bublible

It does. But the goal here is to have something native to Mac that a non-techsavy person can use easily. a 7z archive can't be opened natively on a mac (a zip does). If it's to save 10Mo, let's leave it as a zip for the sake of simplicity.

(Actually, a DMG, OSX disk image and usual method for software distribution, would be better, but ~10Mo heavier and harder to maintain...)

It does. But the goal here is to have something native to Mac that a non-techsavy person can use easily. a 7z archive can't be opened natively on a mac (a zip does). If it's to save 10Mo, let's leave it as a zip for the sake of simplicity.

(Actually, a DMG, OSX disk image and usual method for software distribution, would be better, but ~10Mo heavier and harder to maintain...)

Well, problem is my server storage quota of only 2GB therefor every 20mb I can save means a lot to me...and as I want it all here at one place (you know: my MOD and your MAC app for BR), I have to find way of distributing it wisely.

The Unarchiver app I already have as advice for MAC users does support 7-zip files (according to web), so I guess there should be no problem with it, or?

I ended up dividing you package into 2 separate files: one that needs to be downloaded just once in case person do not have it yet (all your added files) + my files as always (with description "What to do - how to do it" for MAC users) - that way I do not have to make such huge file (53mb/78mb) everytime with every new MOD release lowering my webpage's available storage capacity. :wink:

Edited by bublible

Please, can you show me how does your ground plane code looks (or even better: can you send me your .sc file)?

so i haven't changed the .sc file. it's just the one that came with the mod, but i don't see anything about a ground plane, which is part of why i asked. literally the only thing that i changed were those numbers for the background color like in the tutorial. the only part i see that mentions a plane is this at the end.

object

{

shader plocha

type plane

p 0 %LOWESTPOINT% 0

n 0 1 0

}

hope that helps?

so i haven't changed the .sc file. it's just the one that came with the mod, but i don't see anything about a ground plane, which is part of why i asked. literally the only thing that i changed were those numbers for the background color like in the tutorial. the only part i see that mentions a plane is this at the end.

object

{

shader plocha

type plane

p 0 %LOWESTPOINT% 0

n 0 1 0

}

hope that helps?

Yes, that's it: in my native language (slovak) which I am using for some of the names by default sometimes word "plocha" means (can be translated in this context as) "plane/baseplane", so all you have to do is find that shader (Bluerender -> bublible -> sc -> bublible_materials.sc) and change its "diff" attribute to this:

// in fact your actual HEX will be different, of course...
diff { ff6600 }

@bublible Ok I see. Keep my dropbox link for now. I'll think of something.

OK, I'll be waiting - as for now I put there your Dropbox link as you suggesting, thanx once more :wink::thumbup:

Edited by bublible

Hi, I'm kinda new to Bluerender, but I had already read most of the messages here (including the first post with all the instructions) but I still can't figure how to change the background color and lighting. Maybe I missed some info?

I have this little church here, but the problem is the lighting makes the white bricks blend with the background. I would like to see it in a black background (like those renders from LEGO Architecture you know?) and I would like to change light orientation, but I don't know how. Could someone help me please?

I'm sending the scene file and the .lxf file. Thanks in advance!

basilicafinal.lxf.png

Basilica.zip