___

[software] SunFlow for BR - bublible's builds + TIPS & TRICKS

Hey bubible,i`m wondering if there is a way to give the base"plate" another Color.Rendering a mostly white Vehicle on a white surface doesn`t look too good.It kinda obscures the Shape.

Is there a line of Text i can write somewhere in the scene.sc File?

object
{
shader plocha
type plane
p 0 %LOWESTPOINT% 0
n 0 1 0
}

Change that SHADER to whatever you want - that will change the color (+ surface abilities depending on shader type used)

Edited by bublible

Hello,

I have been away from LDD for some time but the last time I was looking at this topic of adding brick seams and logo on studs, there was a Scene file posted with some tutorials on what to edit for each new feature. I dont see that in the initial post any longer. Do you have those files still? I am on a mac so I cannot use the .exe file.

Hello,

I have been away from LDD for some time but the last time I was looking at this topic of adding brick seams and logo on studs, there was a Scene file posted with some tutorials on what to edit for each new feature. I dont see that in the initial post any longer. Do you have those files still? I am on a mac so I cannot use the .exe file.

Hi

They are still there, just click on that SHOW button(s) after every section and it opens up for you its content (it's made like that so it does not occupy whole page by default). :wink:

Sorry if this is a stupid question; I see the download file is an .exe file - is your mod Windows only, or is that just an installer?

Sorry if this is a stupid question; I see the download file is an .exe file - is your mod Windows only, or is that just an installer?

Just an installer - I wanted to make it selfextrracting so also ppl not having any extractor (like WunRAR, WinZIP, 7zip etc.) can make use of it.

Just an installer […]

Please, don’t call it an “installer.” “Auto-extractible archive” is way less ambiguous.

In the Windows world, “installer” refers to an installation (and uninstallation!) program (Winshield, CABs and whatnots).

Edited by SylvainLS

Please, don’t call it an “installer.” “Auto-extractible archive” is way less ambiguous.

In the Windows world, “installer” refers to an installation (and uninstallation!) program (Winshield, CABs and whatnots).

Why are you quoting me as being somewhat wrong? I was just referring to a previous question and if you look better you will see I stated exactly what you are saying, that it is actually selfextracting archive.

Why are you quoting me as being somewhat wrong? I was just referring to a previous question and if you look better you will see I stated exactly what you are saying, that it is actually selfextracting archive.

Sorry if I offended you. I just wanted to make things clear by purposefuly quoting only the part that I think misguiding.

Starting with “Just an installer” is ambiguous:

0. “Installer” means “Windows only program” (or, at least, “archive with bells and whistles that needs special programs to extract (when not on Windows)”).

1. As you just repeated, you state the opposite just after.

2. That’s the first thing you say, a short sentence that’s understood as a sum up of what you say after (which is the opposite), so it’s what stays in memory, especially for people who’ll just skim the forum in search for a quick answer.

As you say, the question was about clarification, I wanted to warn you about that ambiguity/imprecision in your answer.

Again, I’m sorry if my tone or phrasing didn’t carry my purpose and offended you.

Edited by SylvainLS

Sorry if I offended you. I just wanted to make things clear by purposefuly quoting only the part that I think misguiding.

Starting with “Just an installer” is ambiguous:

0. “Installer” means “Windows only program” (or, at least, “archive with bells and whistles that needs special programs to extract (when not on Windows)”).

1. As you just repeated, you state the opposite just after.

2. That’s the first thing you say, a short sentence that’s understood as a sum up of what you say after (which is the opposite), so it’s what stays in memory, especially for people who’ll just skim the forum in search for a quick answer.

As you say, the question was about clarification, I wanted to warn you about that ambiguity/imprecision in your answer.

Again, I’m sorry if my tone or phrasing didn’t carry my purpose and offended you.

Actually it did not offended me - I was only surprised cos I stated that it is selfextracting file only, no problem.

Edited by bublible

I'd love to try this out but I can't extract the .exe on my Mac unfortunately (tried using both the regular unzip and BetterZip). Any chance you could provide a regular .zip archive?

I'd love to try this out but I can't extract the .exe on my Mac unfortunately (tried using both the regular unzip and BetterZip). Any chance you could provide a regular .zip archive?

I made that selfextracting package using latest version of freeware called 7zip as it is to my knowledge the one with the best compression ratio (it is 2.82 MB as selfextracting file compared to 3.77 MB as normal non-selfextracting RAR) so it should work right away as a standalone "solution" without need of having some extractor BUT OK, here it is (it is a RAR version made with WinRAR v4.20 x64):

http://lego.queryen....ow_20151207.rar

Edited by bublible

here it is (it is a RAR version made with WinRAR v4.20 x64):

Thank you very much, works like a charm!

The problem with the self-extractor is that you can't run .exe files natively on OS X, you need a virtual machine or similar.

[…]The problem with the self-extractor is that you can't run .exe files natively on OS X, you need a virtual machine or similar.

Self-extracting archives are archives.

The only problem you might encounter is the program you use to extract not recognising the extension.

So, just change the extension to zip. :tongue:

The problem with the self-extractor is that you can't run .exe files natively on OS X, you need a virtual machine or similar.

Being glad it actually helped you to run BR - so welcome in "the club", my friend! :wink::grin:

Self-extracting archives are archives.

The only problem you might encounter is the program you use to extract not recognising the extension.

So, just change the extension to zip. :tongue:

Tried that, didn't work. No matter, it is running fine now.

Tried that, didn't work. No matter, it is running fine now.

Well, since you succeeded, it’s kind of a moot point, but for the sake of precision, that was my mistake: it’s an LZMA2 archive, so .xz should be the right extension.

(Still, either your extractor doesn’t know what LZMA2 is (and is obsolete), or it’s stupidly hellbent on file extensions. :tongue::devil: )

For future reference, I was able to extract the .exe on my Mac using The Unarchiver

I downloaded this and it elevated Bluerender from amazing to AMAZING. :wub: I rendered a file, and it did it really quickly, but then I changed the angle of the build to do another render and it took almost twice as long. :wacko: Any idea as to why this might happen? :look:

I downloaded this and it elevated Bluerender from amazing to AMAZING. :wub: I rendered a file, and it did it really quickly, but then I changed the angle of the build to do another render and it took almost twice as long. :wacko: Any idea as to why this might happen? :look:

What do you mean by "but then I changed the angle of the build"? You mean in LDD or in rotation field in BR GUI?

+ thanx - I am glad you like my MOD! :wink:

Edited by bublible

What do you mean by "but then I changed the angle of the build"? You mean in LDD or in rotation field in BR GUI?

+ thanx - I am glad you like my MOD! :wink:

In LDD. Sorry if that wasn't clear. :blush:

In LDD. Sorry if that wasn't clear. :blush:

Well, that is strange then cos it should have no effect on the render whatsoever (if you really changed just the angle). :look::wacko:

Well, that is strange then cos it should have no effect on the render whatsoever (if you really changed just the angle). :look::wacko:

Yeah, that's why I thought it was weird. :look:

For future reference, I was able to extract the .exe on my Mac using The Unarchiver

Some explanation like this should probably be included in the first post, so that mac users don't have to scour the thread, hoping to find someone offering a compatible archive, in order to learn that this is not a Windows-only project.

Some explanation like this should probably be included in the first post, so that mac users don't have to scour the thread, hoping to find someone offering a compatible archive, in order to learn that this is not a Windows-only project.

OK, thanx for suggestion - gonna add that right away (I will make new section called "MAC users") :wink::thumbup:

Apologies if this question has been answered before… I am quite a novice. So, my question comes as where (or which one) is Bluerender's directory to extract the MOD to?

Here is my progress so far on my Mac:

24342398352_76d81d9dca_o.png