___

[software] SunFlow for BR - bublible's builds + TIPS & TRICKS

I have deleted everything since it did not work.

basicly it was just a minifig. I did like you have written in the tutorial, but all I got was a plate at the position of the arm.

I have deleted everything since it did not work.

basicly it was just a minifig. I did like you have written in the tutorial, but all I got was a plate at the position of the arm.

So you did something wrong but for me to know what exactly it is I need to see your files first (*.lxf + *.sc + yourDecorFile - can you zip/rar them in one file and post it so I can download it for testing, please?) and test it myself, then I can tell you the reason. :wink:

Edited by bublible

I am currently pretty bussy with cleaning the house :P

Will upload in a few days.

OK, no problem - clean up well! :laugh::thumbup:

a.lxf by bricks @ raminator, on Flickr

That´s what I´m basicly getting.

It worked with bricks but not with arms.

So I believe it´s not my fault :P

Well, you believe in wrong things then = ehm, yes, it is your fault, sorry. :tongue:

The point is you did not get it right: for things that already have UV mappings in LDD (that is parts that are already decorated inside LDD) have different method than bricks that do not have UV mappings so from what I see you just mistakenly applied the wrong type of my "hack" (you should go read the right tutorial once more if you will - specifically: TUTORIALS > Change/replace existing decor to anything you want), therefore to tell you exactly the reason of the problem and how to solve it I am telling you for the 3rd time in a row I have to see your files first...see I am not magician and cannot tell from here just like that, you know. :wink::grin:

Edited by bublible

then I will refuse to upload them a third time. :P

Changing the decorations is no problem at all.

But I want to create short sleeve arms and this just seems not possible since the arms are already uv-mapped + only the outer part is decorable.

I don't want this:

alpha.bricklink.com/pages/clone/catalogitem.page?P=981982pb04#T=C

but that:

alpha.bricklink.com/pages/clone/catalogitem.page?P=981982pb33#T=C

So my question again is: "Is this even possible?"

If it is like that then no, only outer part of the arm can be decorated unless someone skilled enough would be willing to make mesh with UV in .sc for it...

BRUTAL, please keep improving BR. It is very powerful right now thank to you.

Thanx, you can bet I definitely will, of course, and that even more if you consider I am basically doing it primarily for myself as LEGO MOC-ing is playing once again such a big role in my life latelly (after my quite long DarkAges period). :laugh::grin:

+ there already are some new rather small improvements but not for download yet, you can see my latest MOC and notice it yourself I guess (hint: baseplate & 3039+3040) - better click those images for FullHD so you can see those changes much better, here:

http://www.eurobrick...howtopic=115870

BTW nice small build :wink:

Edited by bublible

THERE IS NEW MATERIALS VERSION UPDATE (v20151015) at the top of this topic in my first initial message... :wink:

THERE IS NEW MATERIALS VERSION UPDATE (v20151015) at the top of this topic in my first initial message... :wink:

One question, the jpg's referred in the new materials versions are not necessary?

diff.texture "Z:/_LEGO_/__MOC__/_TEXTURES_/slime_bump.jpg"

spec.texture "Z:/_LEGO_/__MOC__/_TEXTURES_/slime_bump.jpg"

It they are necessary, please include them on the RAR file.

One question, the jpg's referred in the new materials versions are not necessary?

diff.texture "Z:/_LEGO_/__MOC__/_TEXTURES_/slime_bump.jpg"

spec.texture "Z:/_LEGO_/__MOC__/_TEXTURES_/slime_bump.jpg"

It they are necessary, please include them on the RAR file.

They are not necessary - it was already answered before (look for the answere here to knowing more about "why" if you will :wink: )

I finally got around to trying your mods. It took some work to get my first custom decoration to appear and it looks like the issue was with my custom image path. I put it in the scene file as you instructed, in quotes, but it didn't work. I guessed it might be a path problem since I have a path with many spaces in it, so I copied the image to C:\, updated the scene file, and it worked! Can you take a peek at fixing this issue?

Also, I don't know how msx80 feels about it, but you might want to consider posting his latest version here with your mods already applied as a single ZIP file. That would be easier for people to adopt than modding what they have to get from somewhere else.

I finally got around to trying your mods. It took some work to get my first custom decoration to appear and it looks like the issue was with my custom image path. I put it in the scene file as you instructed, in quotes, but it didn't work. I guessed it might be a path problem since I have a path with many spaces in it, so I copied the image to C:\, updated the scene file, and it worked! Can you take a peek at fixing this issue?

Hi there. I need to see both your .lxf and .sc to test it - can you provide it, please (zip/rar it as one file if you may)? :wink:

Also, I don't know how msx80 feels about it, but you might want to consider posting his latest version here with your mods already applied as a single ZIP file. That would be easier for people to adopt than modding what they have to get from somewhere else.

What? :wacko:

Why should he feel anything wrong at all? He has released its original SF version for free for all and logic tells me I do not have asking him for every change I made cos then there would be no reason for him releasing it in the first place I guess, there is no need for that. Besides I am communicating with him on its BR project dedicated website so he basically knows abput all of my achievement and is up to him decide if he officialy includes them in BR or not - please do not ask me doing things that are not necessary making me feel like I am doing something wrong...which I am not :hmpf_bad:

Or maybe I just did not understand you right (sorry my english is quite bad compared to other guys speaking flawlessly in english so sometime...ehm OK many times :laugh: I simply got it wrong what ppl actually saying)? :look::classic:

As for the link to BR or making rather one file (zip/rar): yea, actually that is thing I was thinking about latelly but just not making it yet as I am doing more things at once...but yea, most probably I will do that - anyway thanx for suggestion! :thumbup:

Edited by bublible

Hi there. I need to see both your .lxf and .sc to test it - can you provide it, please (zip/rar it as one file if you may)? :wink:

I stripped the file down and sent it to you in an email.

What? :wacko:

Why should he feel anything wrong at all? He has released its original SF version for free for all and logic tells me I do not have asking him for every change I made cos then there would be no reason for him releasing it in the first place I guess, there is no need for that. Besides I am communicating with him on its BR project dedicated website so he basically knows abput all of my achievement and is up to him decide if he officialy includes them in BR or not - please do not ask me doing things that are not necessary making me feel like I am doing something wrong...which I am not :hmpf_bad:

I do not think you have done anything wrong (e.g., immoral), but I do know that you have had disagreements with the direction you are trying to take things and he has not shown any haste in adopting your changes into his version. He has done us a great service in making these products and you are doing us a great service by adding additional features. This isn't open source, per se, but you are essentially forking his project into your own. My only concern was that he might take offense but that would be between him and you.

Or maybe I just did not understand you right (sorry my english is quite bad compared to other guys speaking flawlessly in english so sometime...ehm OK many times :laugh: I simply got it wrong what ppl actually saying)? :look::classic:

Your English is very good for a second language! Don't think poorly of yourself. You write my language MUCH better than I write yours, after all! :head_back:

I stripped the file down and sent it to you in an email.

Yea, I got it - thanx, gonna testing right away

I do not think you have done anything wrong (e.g., immoral), but I do know that you have had disagreements with the direction you are trying to take things and he has not shown any haste in adopting your changes into his version. He has done us a great service in making these products and you are doing us a great service by adding additional features. This isn't open source, per se, but you are essentially forking his project into your own. My only concern was that he might take offense but that would be between him and you.

I do not think so quite exactly cos in such case the part I am modiffying - ONLY SunFlow that is, nothing more - is not his, SF is open source code by guy called Christopher Kulla which he abandoned many years before so...Nicolla added some stuff, me added some stuff BUT it is actually not his nor mine THEREFORE I do not have to asking him + besides, as you rightly said, if there were some kind of "problem" between him and me (which there absolutelly is none as far as I am concerned) we would solved it between us and there would be none of my MODs then... :wink:

Your English is very good for a second language! Don't think poorly of yourself. You write my language MUCH better than I write yours, after all! :head_back:

Haha, OK then - thank you for your kind and supportive words. :sweet:

+ you are right as for the slovak language: there is some saying here I heard many years ago that according to that saying our language is quite hard to learn for westerners or at least is one of those harder to learn :grin:

Edited by bublible

@iceleftd

So I finally tested it - unfortunately only Nicolla (msx80) can repair it as that is exactly the part that is part of his part of the project. :laugh:

It is in his BlueRender src (not in SunFlow code), so I cannot help you with it, sorry. :sceptic:

Actually I have realized that the reason I never came across this prob is fact the me being a programmer myself I am using naming without spaces anywhere possible and when I need kind of space inbetween words or letters I am using character "_", so if you can and do not know about it (but I guess you know it too as I know you are also programmer) just change all spaces to that character (or some other to your liking).

@iceleftd

So I finally tested it - unfortunately only Nicolla (msx80) can repair it as that is exactly the part that is part of his part of the project. :laugh:

It is in his BlueRender src (not in SunFlow code), so I cannot help you with it, sorry. :sceptic:

Logged as a Bluerender issue now.

Actually I have realized that the reason I never came across this prob is fact the me being a programmer myself I am using naming without spaces anywhere possible and when I need kind of space inbetween words or letters I am using character "_", so if you can and do not know about it (but I guess you know it too as I know you are also programmer) just change all spaces to that character (or some other to your liking).

Usually using quotes on a string is what you do to indicate that the intervening spaces are part of the string, so I assumed that would take care of it.

Can you please update your hints to say that there is currently a bug in Bluerender and that the path (including the file name) cannot have spaces in it?

Logged as a Bluerender issue now.

:thumbup:

Usually using quotes on a string is what you do to indicate that the intervening spaces are part of the string, so I assumed that would take care of it.

Not in case of BR/SF: if you look into its src you will find that when it is parsing .sc file any SPACE in values meaning NEW VALUE, unfortunatelly...or maybe there simply really is a bug in msx80 code, I do not know cos as you are saying normally that should help/work. :sceptic:

Can you please update your hints to say that there is currently a bug in Bluerender and that the path (including the file name) cannot have spaces in it?

Yes I can and I will update it right now, thank you for the suggestion. :wink:

EDIT:

Hint added...

Edited by bublible

Okay, how do you edit the .sc files and then rerender the scenes with the updated settings?

In the Bluerender main window, once you open your LXF file, a line will appear between the two input fields. It will say something like "Using default scene file: scene.sc" or "Using custom scene file: <path>". If you click that line of text it will open in an editor on that file (using, for example, Notepad on Windows). Make your changes and save them, and then re-render. Bluerender will use the current version of that file on every re-render (you do not need to close the scene file editor).

The default "scene.sc" file can be found in the directory where you installed Bluerender. That file is used by default for all renders. You can edit that one if you really want to but you will probably want to use a custom scene file for each model. In that case, just copy the default file to the same directory as your LXF file and rename it to the same name (e.g., if you have Castle.lxf you would use Castle.sc). Then choose the LXF file from the main menu again and it will find the custom scene file.

Edited by iceleftd

I tried to apply a custom decoration to a 1x6 tile, only to find out that LDD doesn't allow that. As I understand it from your documentation, the only way for this to work with Bluerender is that you need to manually create the geometry mapping for each object to be decorated. Is that correct? If so, I request that you do it for 1x6, 1x8, and 2x4 tiles.

I tried to apply a custom decoration to a 1x6 tile, only to find out that LDD doesn't allow that. As I understand it from your documentation, the only way for this to work with Bluerender is that you need to manually create the geometry mapping for each object to be decorated. Is that correct? If so, I request that you do it for 1x6, 1x8, and 2x4 tiles.

Yes, you're right: I have ready 2x4 tile for a long time now as I am using it quite a lot and that one can be used directly with that ##CHANGEDECOR method as it has UV mapping directly inside LDD although they did not provide any decor for it inside LDD so you can do it as you did with the 1x4 tile you sent me in a mail for the previous testing + I will make the rest for you tomorrow as I am going to sleep right now (it is 02:05 at night here, sorry) :wink:

Edited by bublible

THERE IS NEW DECORATION UPDATE at the top of this topic in my first initial message... :wink:

@iceleft

So, I just added that 1x8 tile mockup - go and grab it. :classic:

As for the other two you required (1x6 tile, 2x4 tile): both already have their UV mapping layer inside LDD tho TLG actually did not included any decor for them there, so you can just use my method of "replacing existing decor" :wink:

Edited by bublible

Hey, pssssst, you know what? So I had one really quick look into msx80 code (hoping he won't be angry too much, after all it is just for finding the problem - sorry Nicola, it will not happen anymore :grin: ) and I can confirm it is problem with his src where he - exactly as I thought - just grabbed the line starting with ##CHANGEDECOR and split the line "hardway" on places where space ocurres, that is his code does not paying attention to any "" being there, therefor solution is quite easy but he is the one that can make it right, he is owner of BlueRender src and the only person who's actually able to edit it and compile it for us. :wink:

Edited by bublible