AlexJ

Is it possible to buy MOCs? Where? With Instructions?

Hi.

I'm always very impressed and amazed with MOC creations but I'm the type who would just stick to building sets with instructions.

Are there any users in Eurobricks or in the lego community who sell their MOCs?

Where and how do i find them?

And is there any chance that instructions would come with the MOC?

Thanks.

Alex

Yes. People sell instructions to MOCs. Some also give away instructions for free. Not sure if or how many people sell completed builds or bricks with MOC instructions.

Look around the themes you like, and you may find folks who have made instructions for free. (I see them in Technic fairly often.) Some folks give away some instructions for free, but have others available for purchase. You just have to look around.

There are some MOCs for sale on Bricklink and Kristin, a builder of wonderful modular buildings also sells instructions. Maybe she will put a link to her Bricklink store where she sells her instructions.

The only problem with MOC instructions is that you need to get the parts, usually by Bricklink search, but that's kind of fun anyway, the thrill of the chase for parts.

IHTH

AndyD

I believe Creations for Charity is coming up soon. You can buy MOCs that some of great builders have donated to the cause.

rebrickable.com has many MOC's. If you notice the banner across each, it will tell you if instructions are charged or free ($$$ or MOC), a link to the homepage or where to buy instructions and what form those instructions take. Some are full TLG type, others PDFs from CAD models, other might just be a CAD model or sequence of photos.

mocplans.com is another

If you like modulars, check my signature. ;-)

Hi.

Were you the one who designed these modular buildings?

They're amazing.

I haven't tried ordering pieces from bricklink.

How easy/hard is it to order all the pieces in bricklink (for example the tailor building)?

Will bricklink have all the pieces?

What tips would you give me with regard to ordering in bricklink?

Is there any chance you would sell pieces and instructions for the modular buidings?

Thanks.

bricklink is a collection of individual stores, much like ebay. If you put lists of parts into a wanted list, you can buy and remove those items from the wanted list to keep track of what you still need. For a big project, it's unlikely one store will have everything you need or if they do, there may well be other cheaper options.

Search the forum for threads on how to use bricklink. The bricklink site itself also has a fairly helpful info/help section on how to use it.

It's a bit clunky to begin with for new users, but I would suggest you deal with someone local with decent feedback for your first outing.

also, it's good to be aware of mold variations. Sometimes you find a parts list that contains old versions of a part that are expensive. There may be a newer variant that is much more common, but it won't show up automatically from your wanted list inside a store. If you're having trouble finding certain parts that the catalogue tells you should be fairly common, this is when I go looking for alternatives.

Hi.

Were you the one who designed these modular buildings?

They're amazing.

I haven't tried ordering pieces from bricklink.

How easy/hard is it to order all the pieces in bricklink (for example the tailor building)?

Will bricklink have all the pieces?

What tips would you give me with regard to ordering in bricklink?

Is there any chance you would sell pieces and instructions for the modular buidings?

Thanks.

Yes, they were designed by me. I suggest you try to achieve 10 posts here on Eurobricks which allows you to use personal messages, so I can send you more details and answers to your questions. ;)

Yes, they were designed by me. I suggest you try to achieve 10 posts here on Eurobricks which allows you to use personal messages, so I can send you more details and answers to your questions. ;)

Ok! Thanks!

Hopefully i'll be able to achieve 10 posts by the end of the week.