cimddwc

[MOC] Simpsons Monorail

Hi everyone!

With the somewhat iconic status of both the Lego monorail among AFOLs and the Simpsons monorail among Simpsons fans (and the current monorail event in the Tapped Out game), I thought I build one:

20783082674_9d4bb13b67_c.jpg

Given that the monorail doesn't have a consistent look in the Simpsons show and game, I could take some liberty with the proportions of red and white, of the pointiness of the nose, and other things:

20784707973_63fa6c1396.jpg

21405785675_a966b455ba_c.jpg

With this design, I couldn't really integrate working doors, so you have to imagine them where the smaller windows are. Also, I had planned to make the first windows behind the windscreens gray, but then noticed that these window frames don't exist in gray...

21217696870_8532b68eda_c.jpg

A look inside with the joint:

21414182151_d538367ab5_c.jpg

Not a typical ball joint between the cars since that would push the front car too far to the outside in a curve, but moved towards the pivot point of the bogie. Fits nicely in a curve:

20784712573_b162e2a0d4_z.jpg

And an attempt at recreating the Tapped Out splash screen:

21414185721_1afcf397c3_c.jpg

ยป Flickr album with a few more images

Hope you like this train...

Nicely captured the design there - the nose looks great! And that windshield piece is perfect.

Is there a chance the track could bend?

"

" ;)

cool! I was viewing this at school and one of my friends who loves The Simpsons was going hysterical! he wanted to hug it :wub:

Thats really awesome! I Love Lego monorails in almost any shape, this is one of the best unofficial Iยดve seen, well done!

I hear those things are awfully loud.

It glides as softly as a cloud!

Honestly, I wasn't expecting much when clicking on the topic, but this is really good! I understand about some of the features that just can't be added in a reasonable way with the shape and scale, but you've captured the overall feeling very well!

Now, you should add 1 more play feature- make the "M" brick-build so it can be tossed overboard as an anchor! :laugh:

Thanks again!

Now, you should add 1 more play feature- make the "M" brick-build so it can be tossed overboard as an anchor! :laugh:

Not necessary, my monorail works flawlessly. (<-- famous last words)

Love it, well done from me. Would love one for my table

Edited by kieran

Wow, cool!!

Amazing wortk on the curced body.

Only the nose seems to be not as sharp as the original but I don't have a ready solution for that. And it doesn't really matter because it looks good anyway.

That's good work, especially in taking sensible approximations where the monorail is portrayed inconsistently across the franchise.

However, I think you could have been a little more accurate. For instance, I don't see any possums (dead or alive) hanging around in the electrical compartments, which would be a disaster as your MOC is obviously solar-powered.

I hope the brakes don't malfunction and the control panel doesn't fall off at least.

I suppose the big question is where do you go from here for your next MOC? A lollipop skyscraper? A giant magnifying glass? An elevator to nowhere?

I think that should be enough references to the "Marge Vs The Monorail" episode...

Edited by Jay Psi

How do you add more than on car on each side of the motor

Just use a connection of your own - like the cardan joint I used here.

I suppose the big question is where do you go from here for your next MOC?

Maybe the World's Largest Toilet. Not from the same episode, but also huge, and it's still missing from the Tapped Out game (unlike those you mentioned), so it would be something special. :-)