goatman461

[O - G02] The Merchant Confederacy (part 2)

Tags: Civil, Spaceship, Exploration

Continued from last week...

After introductions, Callahan turned back to the green man and barked some type of orders. What followed Hannibal surmised was a heated argument, followed by a begrudged acquiescence from the green man. Smoothly and quietly the circular formation lifted to reveal a steep tunnel down.

Callahan - "The Merchant Confederation would be honored to open negotiations with one of Octan's executives. I can open a policy guaranteeing your safety for the duration of your visit, with the Octan Corporation and any of your heirs as beneficiaries. You have nothing to fear from us."

Hannibal - "I did come down here to explore...

"Mercy Brandy, proceed onto your next drop. I'll activate my beacon whenever I'm ready for a pick up. Out."

After a longer than expected argument with his assistant, Hannibal follows the green man down the tunnel, flanked by Callahan. Along the way, Hannibal prods for more information about the Merchant Confederacy.

Callahan - "We're a loose organization not unlike your corporations. Out here there is little need for such a strictly structured organization, such as yours, and we do not benefit from affiliation with any government. We've developed over time out of a mutual understanding between merchants, their markets, and their customers. We are hopeful to develop such an understanding with Octan, as well."

Hannibal - "Without government affiliation, how did you acquire the technology to make the jump through the Gate?"

Callahan - "Mr. Hannibal, we didn't come through the Gate. My people have been here for thousands of years. Subjugated as slaves to alien overlords. Experimented on, mutated, engineered. I may look familiar to you, and we are of the same species, but there are galaxies between us."

21399621185_a280cc2d1d_b.jpg

Hannibal's stomach sinks again and the tunnel opens up to a hangar full of aliens and humans alike. Immediately in front of him are more green men, but with elaborate red cloaks and golden weapons.

Callahan - "These are our hosts. The Emboians of Freegate jealously guard any guests taken under their care, which is why they are not to happy to see you. We've got a lot of people here right now, so outsiders make them nervous."

Hannibal - "Yeah, I'm not getting a great vibe from them... Why are so many of your people here as 'guests.'"

Callahan - "We won't be here long, what I want to show you will require a short trip, but it will help you understand our situation, and why we need Octan."

20776907664_374624853d_c.jpg

Hannibal is unnerved by the stares of the hangar full of strange people as they make their way to the small starfighter in front of them. The Emboians are strange, as are the well dressed fish men to his right, but the more human looking aberrations are somehow more distracting.

Callahan - "The M.C.S. Gadfly will take us closer to the core. I would have taken you in my own ship but it doesn't have the speed or defenses that this ship can give us, and I couldn't risk your crew following us."

They board the Gadfly and leave the hangar with two humans as crew to the ship. Callahan, while open about the make up of his Merchant Confederacy, is reluctant to talk about their destination.

C&C appreciated

I was watching you put this together on flicker, wondering what it was, ha! Nice work with the floor, I like how the hatch turned out on your ship great idea.

I like the first picture with the perspective shot. And the cockpit on the ship with the clamshell opening is really cool and unique. My one criticism is the visible studs below the first row of black tiles is a bit distracting. Very interesting story line too!

Great ship! I too like how you did the perspective shot. Gives your ship a sense of scale. It is really cool how you have built the front windshield on the ship.

The mystery deepens!

Great ship and great hangar! I'm a fan of the floor technique.

Also what a great way to introduce so many potentially interesting characters at once.

Interesting ship with an awesome lead photo. You're certainly making good use of all the Star Wars, Chima, and other diverse minifig parts with that crowd--I think I even see a Hobbit! :laugh: