Blondie-Wan

Who else here is into all sorts of themes?

I mainly interested in Hero Factory and Star Wars theme.

I also quite like City, Ultra Agents, DC Superheroes, Marvel Superheroes and Bionicle, but not as much as Hero Factory and Star Wars.

The themes I hate the most is any of the themes that feature the Friends theme figures, like Friends, Disney Princess, and Elves.

Edited by ArmstrongYong

I basically started off in LEGO as an adult with trains, but having been 10 when Star Wars came out, it's always been a love of mine, so I eventually started getting a lot of Star Wars OT sets, a few other licensed sets when I saw they were on sale (Indiana Jones, for example). I got a large creator crane truck because I thought it was cool and would go with the trains, and so I started buying things I could use to build a city for the trains, like modular buildings - although the city sets seemed too simple, so I didn't really get those.

Being a LOTR fan, I started getting into Castle when they had the Fantasy Era; architecture when it was just those four original sets, Harry Potter during the last era of those sets, Modulars, CMFs, LOTR/Hobbit, Simpsons, Pirates of the Caribbean, as well as just picking up anything I thought was really cool or fun (that was reasonably priced), or had some ridiculously cheap clearance price.

I like lots of themes, however space is becoming more and more of an issue, I still collected modulars, technic and trains, but city sets are now needing to be unique for me to add these to the collection, there is just no space left!

Then I had that happen. Moreover, I felt I was spending WAY too much money on LEGO, so I cut WAY back. While I bought a few non-Fantasy era castle sets, I decided to mostly stop buying castle; the architecture buildings got too big and expensive, so I cut them out. I don't need multiple ships, so unless they release a Star Wars OT ship I don't have, I don't buy any. Most of the licensed themes I liked ended...

So now it's CMF, Modular, a slightly more than passing interest in Super Heroes (just figures, really). I would say "Trains," but I don't like the train sets they've released lately, so it's mainly creator trains when they release one every few years. There's a few various other things, but I spend about 1/6th what I used to spend on LEGO. Well... in new sets, I do spend more on bricklink for parts.

In all honesty, I'll get anything as long as its's fun to build, interesting, or of a decent size. I only really collect a few specific themes like Bionicle, Trains, and the occasional City or Technic set that catches my eye. But I do have priorities as far as sets go. It's Bionicle and Trains first, then Technic, and or any big Creator set that looks cool.

That, too. I want the Scooby Doo crew - not all the sets, but the Mystery Machine and the gang. I picked up a "tow-mater" from Cars, who is now hiding out in a driveway of one of my LEGO houses. I got an Alien Invaders set I thought was fun, and also a Pharaoh's Quest set; Monster Fighters for the Zombies. But I'm not "in" to those themes, there was just some stuff I liked... some Ideas sets, too.

Like most other EB'er, I also have sets from several themes. But my main focus is on three of the four classic minifig themes - namely town/city, castle and pirates.

I tend to expand these three main themes by buying sets from other themes. Trains, creator, WV and Friends to augment town/city, Pirates of the Caribbean for pirates, and a single Indiana Jones for Prince of Persia - of which I also have a few sets.

The funny thing about the licenced themes, though, is that I am not interested in them for the licenced theme - but for what they add other themes. Well Prince of Persia does not add the other themes, but has some great buildings for making a palace. So Prince Dastan might be a prince - but most likely not Dastan :grin:

CMF go to which ever theme they might fit in, though sometimes it can be a hard job :laugh:

I also like all kinds of themes. I'll go through phases where I say I'll only get one theme, but that never lasts. Most recently I've said I would stick to city and modulars. Then I put together some Adventurers minifigs to inhabit my town, but that led me to want to reassemble my old Temple of Mount Everest...then I saw some of the new Ninjago sets and I was done for.

For the past six years I've been mainly mono-themed by necessity. I got married in 2009, and our apartments haven't been big enough for lots of display space. My wife prefers city and modulars, so those (and Winter Village) are what has been displayed; while I would get the occasional other set or make the occasional non-city MOC, there wasn't anywhere to actually put them, so they wouldn't last long.

However, we recently moved into a house with a huge crawlspace that has become my new Lego area; I'm going to reassemble some old sets (including the OE Temple of Mount Everest), work on some MOC projects, and save up for Master Wu's Dragon and the Temple of Airjitsu. It's good to be back! (Below is a picture of the space and some of my Lego collection--the "most useful" pieces that I had in our apartments. I've been moving the pieces I had kept in my parents' basement over slowly)

i0vh0AE.jpg

Yo. [size=It just so happens that my first ever favourite (Aquanauts) my lifetime favourite (Adventurers)

Hey, we have the same first favorite and lifetime favorite! Well, I liked Pirates before I liked Aquazone, but I was six when Aquazone came out, and 6125 Sea Sprint 9 and 6115 Shark Scout were the first sets I put together without any help from my dad, so Aquazone is what I consider my first real favorite.

Edited by Tea Weevil

I am interested in several themes too. Star Wars has always been a draw for me, one of my first sets being the original gray X-Wing. As a kid I collected Harry Potter, a bit of Exo-Force and even Galidor (I was eight years old when I bought those Galidor figs, cut me some slack!).

Now as an adult I still get Star Wars sets, the Modulars are a huge draw to me, I buy Bionicle half out of nostalgia and half out of sheer amazment at how improved they are. I have a lot of trains, including all three "exclusive Power Functions" trains. I have a lot of Marvel Superhero sets too. I have a few Lone Ranger sets, and I want to get some Lego Movie sets.

Edited by xboxtravis7992

When i started collecting Lego two Month ago i also thought of just sticking with one or two Themes.Well,that escalated quickly because my tiny Collection now includes Star Wars (most Sets i have are actually Star Wars), Ultra Agents, Classic Space (Blacktron I and II, Exploriens), Wild West and Lego Technic.

Of couse there are also many Minifigs floating around like the Simpsons Minifigs and the recent Minifig Series.

So i guess staying with one Theme didn`t end well,right?

I can find myself in many of above posts.

I came out of my dark ages because of trains: I always wanted H0 layout, but at that time I could not have fixed setup, so I decided to go with LEGO trains instead. I bought several trains, track and all creator houses. After getting familiar with Bricklink and Ebay, I of course needed to make true all my childhood fantasies and I got classic space (including 2 monorail), classic pirates, all western sets, most of larger technic sets, most of model team sets and many new sets including city, star wars, technic, modulars, ideas etc... After some time I almost got of money (not just LEGO money, but also money for "real" expenses), so I stopped following auctions on ebay, limited purchase of new sets and even sold off part of collection (including a lot of sealed sets from themes I dont collect).

Currently I "collect" following themea/lineups:

-all modular houses (I own all and I would not like to spoil the series, besides that I really love them)

-all winter village sets (same as with modulars - have all and need to continue the series)

-all technic flagships and "1H flagships"+selected smaller sets

-all trains (I really love them+I have son who is even bigger fan, so I have excuse)

-all "ideas" sets. I love the concept+I'm fan of movie licenses

-selected city sets except firefighters and police (I have stations, ships and helicopters for both so there is no need for more) - this year I bought deep divers, last year arctic etc

-all star wars OT "ships", but I recently started changing them for UCS sets (X-Wing, TIE, Slave 1). I had some of the biggest sets too (DS, SSD), but sold them off due to big size consumption)

-all speed champions sets (as big car fan I just can not skip them)

-selected superheroes sets (all UCS + few others, mostly for figs)

-selected creator sets (lately almost nothing because designes are just not so good anymore)

-all (almost) Creator Expert sets (all cars and planes, all landmarks, playground theme etc...)

-all big simpsons sets

-selected other sets from varios theme, like Chima, Ninjago and Ninja Turtles (mostly for my kids)

A lot. Too much, but I keep telling me that there is value in it and got almost all on some kind of discount, so money is not completely thronv away.

If I would need to reduce it, I would most likely still get modular, winter sets and technic flagship each year. I already stopped buying all smaller city sets, all sw besides few sw ships, almost all creator sets and many other things.

I would really love to have just one theme and exploit it fully, but just can not limit myself that way.

Creator and non licensed mostly. I don't collect every theme out there even though they look awesome.. I can count my licensed sets with 1 hand. Simpsons House, An Unexpected Gathering, Escape from Mirkwood Spiders, Big Bang Theory and Harry Potter Board Game.

non-licensed licensed

#1) Exo-Force #1) Indiana Jones

#2) Space Police III #2) Star Wars

#3) Mars Mission #3) Toy Story

#4) Pharoah's Quest #4) Minecraft

#5) Hero Factory #5) Batman

Edited by ninjanime

When I restarted LEGO in 2008 it was Mindstorms that peaked my interest, then Technic soon followed. In 2010 I discovered modular buildings, very consuming, also Winter Village, a few Star Wars, LOTR (never really took off with LOTR mostly for sets on sale for parts) and this and that.

Now I have come full circle, back to Technic. As I have so many sets (buildings and the like still in boxes) I have decided to concentrate on just Technic, modular buildings and Winter Village (my credit card thanks me for that decision).

This year, I was going to just buy the modular of the year, the Winter Village of the year and maybe one or two other sets, but my new affair with Technic already blew the heck out of that, four large sets in the last month and two duplicates for parts.

Maybe I can now slow down again, build the Technic sets, disassemble them and do some MOCs and give my credit card a much needed rest. I can still get a set or two because of points built up during October double points. Oh well, off to build!

Andy D

When i started collecting Lego two Month ago i also thought of just sticking with one or two Themes.Well,that escalated quickly because my tiny Collection now includes Star Wars (most Sets i have are actually Star Wars), Ultra Agents, Classic Space (Blacktron I and II, Exploriens), Wild West and Lego Technic.

Of couse there are also many Minifigs floating around like the Simpsons Minifigs and the recent Minifig Series.

So i guess staying with one Theme didn`t end well,right?

:)

lego doesnt really provide enought to stick with one theme!

I buy sets either for the parts and sell the figs or for the figs which have to be related to history in a way and those have become few and far between these days...

My tastes are extremely varied as it is, and I'm always thinking about ways to combine one thing I love with another. So I definitely love "all sorts" of LEGO themes. Here are the themes I've "collected" (i.e. bought more than one set of for its own sake, not for parts acquisition) since getting back into LEGO about eight years ago:

Non-Licensed

* Creator

* Castle

* Pirates

* Pharaoh's Quest

* Monster Fighters

* Winter Village

Licensed

* Indiana Jones

* Pirates of the Caribbean

* The LEGO Movie

To say nothing of all the scads of CMFs I've collected!

Edited by Karalora

I'm up for every theme really. More heavy into some than others at times but enjoyable all the same. Just give me a few bricks for something to build. Ha-ha. Besides any displayed official set doesn't stay up for long before becoming assimilated into the parts collection for custom stuff. I guess to me sets are like Mr. Potato Head; a bucket of parts. :grin:

Friends

Elves

Eventually I'll get a train set

Some City (Shuttle sets)

Most of the Seasonals

Really various misc sets I like.

Recently I've been heavily into Elves and have ever set in that series except the castle.

I buy a variety of themes, whatever I like the look of or which has elements that appeal to me.

I have Modulars, City, Classic Town, Classic Space, Trains, Friends, Elves,some Princess, Star Wars & some Ninjago sets

I only collect:

1) Modulars (I have all of them)

2) Architectue (all of them)

3)Star Wars (Ep IV to VI only)

Other themes I may buy depending on how much I like e.g the Deep Sea sets are great!

I came out of the dark ages like 8 months ago I think. Around that time I was also watching all the the star wars movies and became interested again in lego (mainly the star wars sets). Since then I collected quite some lego and not all of them are the same theme. I started collecting from only 1 theme which was Star Wars but that escalated pretty fast :P The Themes I have collected sets from so far:

Licensed.

-Star Wars

-Lord of the Rings

-The Hobbit

-Jurassic world

-Cars

Non-Licensed.

-Winter Village

-Ultra Agents

-Castle/Kingdoms

-Monster Fighters

-City

-The Lego Movie

-Ninjago

-Chima

I am starting to worry about my other half, who came out of the dark age earlier this year and started collecting Star Wars, some bigger ships and the main goal seemed to be to build a huge army of storm troopers.

Then it was Lego architecture, which are cool models and I get that they look good on display, but the obsession moved on and there is still one left in the box waiting to be built.

Then it was modulars, buying the Detective's Office and we had to divide up who was going to buy which sets so we could have a cool Lego town and so we each got to have some cool modulars... The DO is still in its box and has not been built

Now its diggers and construction sets and it took me a while to realise that was all just part of a bigger campaign to start buying Lego trains... for which there is absolutely no room for so even if get it as a christmas present it will mostly likely stay in the box.

But I am starting to worry because recently technic sets are being talked about... :cry_sad:

The only thing that seems to be consistent is army building the hotdog guy from CMF, but reading this thread it seems pretty normal to buy lots of different lego set, its just the speed at which one theme goes in and out of favour I have a hard time keeping up with.

In the main I'm in it for the minifigures, so pretty much everything aside from The Simpsons and Star Wars is fair game.