Ecclesiastes

The Algus Saga: Myths at the frontdoor

20722393504_3cca3dc0c3_z.jpg

The Algus were gaining more territory each day. Killing those who didn't flee to strongholds in the south. The small villages on the tundra's weren't a match for the frigid warriors. But now they've reached the first mountains their uprising was slowed down. Beacons warned for a terrible threat and owls and ravens brought messages. Messages that the legendary strength of the Algus was true. That even fire wasn't a weapon good enough to stop them. It did hurt them, but it didn't do enough damage to kill them as their coldness stopped the fires in time.

Fire seemed to be their weakness still, so there had to be a way to keep fires burning. The answer could be oil. One of the messages received was telling about an Algus who knocked over an oil-lamp, covered by the oil he wasn't able to put out the fire. So this could be a way to stop them.

At Ragau, Chul ordered his men to cover all weapons with a layer of oil. So the Raamah got to work and prepared all the weapons. While they were preparing the last ones an Algus force came out of the mist, ready to charge to first gatehouse. If that wasn't enough a serpent like being emerged from the water. It seemed to be controlled by the Algus...

20723981283_14e6ea6636_c.jpg

21318811166_831239b387_c.jpg

21353353571_5de36edc6a_c.jpg

From the mist an Elgus also appeared, it seemed he was dragging a body with him.

"Stop resisting you fools, go back south to the Demons Ridge. The north belongs to us! Or else you will all look like your friend here who was spying on us in the Algor. Whaaahaha... Kill them all! Bulldrasil arise, feast on their flesh!"

20723987453_6c50722a6a_c.jpg

"Stand your ground men, we've fought monsters before!"

21158177059_7795ff59bd_c.jpg

"Are you sure it will work Gyrhin?"

"I'm not completely sure but the oil blends with ice on their bodies so in theory fire should be able to keep on burning longer to kill them. And if that fails, there is still the emergency plan to set them on fire. That would certainly thin them out."

"Ok, let's do it than. Let's join the battle!

21158165739_0984eb0d0a_c.jpg

"Milady, have you seen it. And even worse heard it?"

"Yes it seems Disan wasn't able to get away in time from the Algor Keep."

"My condolences are in place than, as it was a friend from your husband since childhood."

"Thank you. We'll have to inform Chul and Gyrhin about his death. It will probably hit them both hard, but it will also make their hatred bigger. Their will to crush this force will grow as well. Now you join the ranks, I will follow later!"

21334319562_2a3e40233d_c.jpg

Almost done with putting oil on weapons.

21157210608_55118f9c59_c.jpg

21158218159_a1c56065c4_c.jpg

Ready to lit some more oil.

21345110695_384efa9bce_c.jpg

Defending the second gatehouse.

21345043005_24e1ffeb19_n.jpg21345050605_fd845913cd_n.jpg21353365621_5035a7299a_n.jpg

21158227229_37032cbeca_c.jpg

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

21199311256_791ececfef_c.jpg

Rachau, wasn't the only place were beasts appeared. Knowing of the two eggs from Disan's message was a warning that the Wyverns would probably come to attack soon...

20602882094_8ec033201b_c.jpg

"Kill it, aim at the shoulders! At least try to take his ability to fly from him!"

"Easier said than done, I've heard that Tanniyn was killed by an other Wyvern"

21225576885_b81168cd5f_c.jpg

"Apparently two, look out behind you! There's an other one!"

21199303136_4baee681d7_c.jpg

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

21225563125_c0a80a417e_c.jpg

"Ulvar, we suffered massive casualties. The ones who were fighting of the Wyverns are all death..."

"Vargr, we need to revenge our fallen brothers. Let's set foot to Rachau. It seems a large force is heading that way. And If those Wyverns or any other creature shows up we will crush it. Like we did with this one. Send the head to Chorian. It shows that we are able to defeat these beast. But we need to do this as a united Mitgardia!"

I wondered about that carnage figure. And then, without reafing further I realized he was flayed. Shocking moment. But brilliant use of that figure! As a Nocturnian, I will definitely remember this for own purposes.

I am amazed by the whole scene. Your work has everything I am excited about in siege dioramas: the countless attackers shortly before breaching through the gate, resolute defenders ready to face death, and even a second level with cellars and some nice twists.

The level of building technique is also remarkable. I like the snot wall and half timbered sections a lot.

Very strong moc! I love the work of you all for the Algus saga.

Oh, amazing! The saga becomes better, your build just stay awesome. I couldn't find a single point of critique

Excellent figure posing and creatures! The fortifications are great as usual :classic:

Interesting to see that a weakness might have been discovered? Since trade along the Arkbri river is flowing once again, Kaliphlinite traders are ready to supply Mitgardian with high-quality oil. Not cheap of course!

Awesome moc Ecc... My favourite part is that creature getting out of water.Its side-bones are awesome... Also the dark brown parts of the tower, are very well made, love their curves.

Impressive scene! I love the minifig posing on all the scenes, but the battle at the fortress really gives a sense of desperation. The ice creatures are nice, and there are a lot of great building techniques all around.

Great work as usual. Glad to see the story continuing. I was also impressed by the wyverns, and thought that flayed character very interesting! Might have to look into finding one.

Nice MOC and story, Ecc.!

That half-timber is very striking with the arches and butresses! The water effect is a nice contrast to the gray stone and the foliage. Your dragons are top notch!

Epic as always, best are those dark brown half timbered sections. I also like these wolf creatures though! Overall quite an inzentive to start building for the Saga again!

I really like the dark brown in the half-timber sections! :wub: In a great MOC with great details all over, the tire iron windows in the lower level are a particularly novel use of parts. :thumbup:

Epic battle build! The gatehouse architecture is very strong looking and fits perfectly in Mitgardia :thumbup: Lots of good interior details as well.

And those wyverns... :wub: Wonderful landscape too :thumbup:

Some great builds! Great storyline too. I wonder if the Mitgardians will be able to repel the threat?

I'll have my rangers head up north to aid them soon!

Awesome builds Ecc, the towers and bridge are excellent, and great landscaping and minifigures as well! Wonderful work with the dragons, the shaping all over is truly superb! It's also great to see more of your wolfs, and I see the Algus are finally starting to slow down :wink::thumbup: