Sign in to follow this  
Luckypat

PTV 2015 Small : A prisoner at sea.

These ruthless pirates thought that walking the plank was too easy of a punishment. They got together and decided to give the captured soldier no chance at survival by tying him to a chair and dropping him off in a remote part of the ocean.

D2GWi73.png

A view of the lower half of the ship, with an unwanted visitor...

pgmHucG.png

A birds eye view of the deck...

kaWHpZk.png

This is my entry to the PTV 2015 contest (Small category). Thank you :)

Pat

Won't that wooden chair float?

...down here, they all float

I would assume so. But what are you chances of survival tied to a wooden chair with nature deciding if you will live or not? pirate_blush.gif

I think I've seen that chair at Ay!K-ARR :) Cool build, but the gunport is a bit too close to the waterline. She'll take in water : P Interesting to see only a part of a ship though.

I like the ship section idea, very neat! Hopefully they won't have to use their cannon, because I don't think the cannon balls will fit ;-p

I would assume so. But what are you chances of survival tied to a wooden chair with nature deciding if you will live or not? pirate_blush.gif

I think your shark will help polish him off, he's a gonna!

I think I've seen that chair at Ay!K-ARR :) Cool build, but the gunport is a bit too close to the waterline. She'll take in water : P Interesting to see only a part of a ship though.

Thank you for the feedback pirate_blush.gif

I like the ship section idea, very neat! Hopefully they won't have to use their cannon, because I don't think the cannon balls will fit ;-p

I think your shark will help polish him off, he's a gonna!

Thanks! And yes, I decided to use empty black heads, they look more like cannon balls then 1 by 1 cylinders (At least to me) pirate_laugh_new.gif

This scene represents one of the staples of pirate lore and is nicely done. Walking the plank rarely happened; most victims were tossed overboard, so this is a more accurate portrayal. He's a goner for sure, especially with a tall dorsal slicing through the crests. The build is neat and clean, but a gunport that low wouldn't be very useful. Perhaps we should assume the scurvy sea rats are riding low with a hold full o' gold. Nice work.

Ha! I didn't see this before, but it looks like we had a similar idea in regards to making a ship cut section! :laugh: great work! I particularly like that you included some of the rigging! Great work! :classic:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Amazing attention to detail with the surround for the base. Sets it off perfectly!

Thanks! pirate_satisfied.gif

I added the correct tag for this fine entry. It was PTV2015Small without spaces, and it should be PTV 2015 Small with spaces. :pir-wink:

My bad.. thank you for the correction! pirate_blush.gif

This scene represents one of the staples of pirate lore and is nicely done. Walking the plank rarely happened; most victims were tossed overboard, so this is a more accurate portrayal. He's a goner for sure, especially with a tall dorsal slicing through the crests. The build is neat and clean, but a gunport that low wouldn't be very useful. Perhaps we should assume the scurvy sea rats are riding low with a hold full o' gold. Nice work.

After reading the feedback, yes the gun port is too low.. I will be sure to not make that mistake again pirate_laugh_new.gif

Ha! I didn't see this before, but it looks like we had a similar idea in regards to making a ship cut section! :laugh: great work! I particularly like that you included some of the rigging! Great work! :classic:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Thank you very much! pirate_blush.gif