Sign in to follow this  
thetang22

Castle-appropriate Lego Zombies?

I've been wanting to get/assemble a few zombies for the Castle setting, but I've come to a bit of a roadblock. I'm having a hard time finding Lego Zombies that would be appropriate in a Castle setting. I'm not interested in any of the liscenced theme interpretations of Zombies...rather the traditional gray Lego Zombie we've seen several interations of. The problem is that it seems most of the interations are meant for modern settings.

The head really isn't a problem, as you could retrieve the head from nearly any gray Zombie and put it on to an appropriate body. I'd like it to look like a former civilian from the Castle era, but I'm not sure I've seen any appropriate bodies that have the tattered Castle civilian clothing that I could swap a zombie head onto.

The only examples I've seen that would be remotely usable are the Zombie Bride....which is stupid expensive on the 2nd-hand market, and then there's the new Zombie Pirate. However, his clothing doesn't really look like tattered Castle civilian clothing...it looks like a Pirate captain's clothing (which in my mind isn't appropriate).

Any suggestions?

You could probably use some worn capes on a regular castle body. To either cover up some yellow skin or to make them seem worn. Capes from new minifig series will work for example... I do not have any other clues... good luck

Hi !

And what about some werewolf torsos. There is several sort of torsos and it is making me thinking of peasant.

So you could build some zombie peasant with it.

This and this.

Yes! That first one came right to mind as it's not meant to be a hole but the grey patch could absolutely pass for one on a zombie. Hadn't thought about the other, but I think it could certainly work as well. This is the only other one that I'd maybe look at- not really tattered, but maybe plain/rustic enough to pass OK mixed in with some others.

A lot of the old school Minifigs could work as there are plenty of old school figs that don't have a sigil, or swap the torso around so the sigil is on the back and then hide it behind a cape, a lot of solutions are possible.

20383549813_c1db35cc7b_c.jpgThe Necromancer's Shrine by Jonas O., on Flickr

(Not mine obviously, but a good example.)

Edited by Isundir

I just use regular castle torsos with no yellow skin printing, swapping out the heads and hands for LBG. I prefer to ignore the (lack of) tattered nature of the clothes rather than have anything showing yellow flesh.

Edited by MAB

If you filter by light blue grey on bricklink under torsos some of those might work. There is a muscle man one that could be used as a farmer. Some of the chima ones would work as well. There are a few of them that don't look like fur with bone and ligaments showing with a collar and chains so they could be slaves?

Edited by RuneJack

If you filter by light blue grey on bricklink under torsos some of those might work. There is a muscle man one that could be used as a farmer. Some of the chima ones would work as well. There are a few of them that don't look like fur with bone and ligaments showing with a collar and chains so they could be slaves?

Oh yeah if you don't mind the purple then Chima has the largest assortment of zombies available.

Could you try using calamity drone torso and skirt, its not tattered but you would have grey flesh...?

I've been wanting to get/assemble a few zombies for the Castle setting, but I've come to a bit of a roadblock.

I don't have anything to offer that hasn't already been said - I think the idea of mixing castle and zombies is quite cool, and I'm just wondering if you're a fan of Xanth.

Thanks for all the suggestions. There are a few possibilities there...but I really kind of am hung up on the clothes being tattered.

I think the idea of mixing castle and zombies is quite cool, and I'm just wondering if you're a fan of Xanth.

To be honest, I don't even know what "Xanth" is. Zombies have a pretty substantial history in medieval fantasy. My earliest memories of them in this setting came from the boardgame HeroQuest (which is probably a big inspiration for my wanting them in Lego form). I also remember seeing Zombies in old NES/SNES fantasy RPGs, like early Final Fantasy games. They've also been in Dungeon and Dragons for a long, long time. Plenty of other examples too.

The Xanth series of books started in the late 70s; I was just wondering because there's a character "Jonathan the Zombie Master" who can reanimate the dead.

Something will have to give between tattered clothes / wrong coloured skin / remaining purist.

Also if you need heads then it's probably best to get them sooner rather than later. I remember their prices increasing last year as Halloween approaches.

With the yellow hands replaced by grey, this one would be the perfect fit:

973pb0537c01.jpg?0

Some of the LotR Torso's will work perfectly with some hand swapping. Some of the Fantasy Era Blue Crownies would work well with new heads and hands. The Kingdoms Green Dragon Knight torso's have some mangy and unkempt armor.

Troll torsos can also work quite well. Surprisingly, none of them have any green spots on them, so they can be used by just switching the hands and arms. Troll sorceress can fit to a zombie setting really good as well. As both her torso and legs/robes parts have nice printings on them, changing only the head and hands would be enough. Also, some of the viking torsos can work as well, since they have this similar "mangy armor" pattern.

I have been wrestling with the problem of LEGO zombies being modern rather than fantasy for years and have come up with many of the solutions already mentioned in this thread. I was waiting to get the Scooby-Doo zombie and the CMF S14 cheerleader to MOC and add to my display collection before photographing my fantasy-ish zombies.

WARNING: Viewers of a sensitive disposition, including purists, should look away now!

zombies.jpg