At the end of last year i was very honest that the best and biggest shipyard in the world Royal Feadship ask me to build a big model and a set of one of their new build yacht; My Kiss.

I had only 2,5 month for both project's.

One week before the deadline the two project's where ready and deliverd at the yard in Aalsmeer and the projectmanager was very pleased.

This project was very difficault because i haved to buildt it only from drawings and renders, also the building style where complete new for me :devil: .

End of this month this model will stand in the great new book from Dennis Glaasker and Dennis Bosman.

the-art-of-lego-scale-modeling.jpg

The real Kiss is now sailing to Monaco and is nominated for best ship in there class at the Monaco Yacht show 2015(23 to26 september) and mine model is standing with proud on the real one :blush: .

mys_2015.jpg

In this topic i will give you a glimp how i build this model :wink: .

This is the real Kiss at their launching party on 14 februari 2015 at the yard Royal The Vries and mine family and JunkstyleGio where there as quest.

17382506075_30b7de6008_o.jpg

Soooooo enough information and here is the start of the model :laugh: .

First start was the bow and the most difficult one.

21103262589_5af0494018_c.jpg

After building the bow the idea's came quickly and the progress grow's every day.

21298323231_2c15e21773_c.jpg

21290162035_eabb0efb14_c.jpg

21263971176_05e8ea0ff6_c.jpg

21102124970_83fdb9dd89_c.jpg

21102327658_25e0e6c711_c.jpg

This enough for today and hope you like it .

Greetings Edwin and stay tuned for the rest of it :wink: .

Finally!

Need to get to my computer to see the pictures better, but so far it looks super sweet even on this small phone screen!

Want more!:-D

Looking great! The overall shape and design is lovely, and the furniture you have on deck is excellent. Looking forward to seeing the finished product! :classic:

That's stunning!! Really cool Moc! And thanks for the WIP pics.

A few time ago, when I saw the Gabon, I was wondering if was possible to hide a couple of empty plastic bottles (or something similar) into the hull for give buoyancy. Well....now I know the answer! :grin:

Thanks all for the kind words.

The hull is compleet build in SNOT technique and the superstructure is studd up.

20669151953_242209aaaa_c.jpg

20669162143_b9e06932e7_c.jpg

Edited by VFracingteam

I see you totaly switched from beams to bricks... Massive amount of SNOT, I must say!

It's dependent what the custommer wands, budget and scale.

I only juse liftarms at the scale 1/30 and the Kiss is build in 1/53.

Ever thought of using Duplo pieces for the huge inner structure, or they are not cheap enough (or other reasons)?

BTW I also built a very very small motorboat with practically the same SNOT (or rather studs-out) technique, though maybe it's a straightforward way of building ship hulls.

Edited by Lipko

Ever thought of using Duplo pieces for the huge inner structure, or they are not cheap enough (or other reasons)?

I know that the train builders use Duplo for their inner mountans, but i don't have try it for ship building.

Building a hull with under waterline in SNOT technique get you some more tension in the bricks, then when used liftarms.

Edited by VFracingteam

Here some update and next to her, also the set from the Kiss.

21290297265_66d9c7c619_c.jpg

The renders and instructions for the set are made by mine great buddy JunkstyleGio.

Whe find some great new solutions for the instructions to build this set whit so many black parts.

16761369913_0861bfb3a3_c.jpg

17193858648_898836328a_c.jpg

17194092630_66044b5cf7_c.jpg

Greetings Edwin Korstanje

Edited by VFracingteam

It's beautiful Edwin! Can we see the finished model somewhere?

Thanks Commander Red Hat,

I have ask the shipyard Royal de Vries if it's possible to show the model at Lego World in Utrecht and where very positive about that.

They have not promisse yet, that the model is back on time in the Netherlands.

The model is stands now on the real yacht and is sailing to the Monaco Yacht Show later on this month.

Greets Edwin Korstanje

Edited by VFracingteam

It looks like a ship, is that intentional?

What? What? What?

Thanks Grum64 :thumbup: .

Some people like Jelmer don't understand that this forum is not only about wheels and Technic, but we know there is more, just like Modelteam and Mindstorms :laugh::wink:

Edited by Edwin Korstanje