I'd be surprised if there's no Harry Potter sets in 2016. Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them would be a perfect opportunity for the brand to return. I'd like to see returns for Hogwarts Castle and the Hogwarts Express alongside new sets based on the upcoming prequel. A set based on the American wizarding school set to appear in Fantastic Beasts would be amazing.

Harry Potter is apparently coming to Dimensions, so lets hope Lego do some sets. I suppose the fact that Lego are doing HP indicates that WB are interested in pursuing their licence with Lego.

From here:

71243 HP 1

71247 HP 2

71253 FB 1

71257 FB 2

By the looks of it we're getting some Dimensions stuff, so I don't think a full theme would be TOO far-fetched...

Harry Potter is apparently coming to Dimensions, so lets hope Lego do some sets. I suppose the fact that Lego are doing HP indicates that WB are interested in pursuing their licence with Lego.

Wouldn't be surprised if true but where is the source of this wizardry?

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good...

EDIT: Oh. Just saw above post. Sorry.

Edited by LEGODalekbuster523

Since we're starting to get set information for various themes' summer waves, I was wondering if anybody had heard anything about new Harry Potter sets? I was thinking if we were going to get them at all, we'd probably get a few in a summer wave before Fantastic Beasts in the fall, but I haven't seen anything.

Sorry for posting in an older thread, but I thought asking here would be better than starting a new thread.

I have some really good ideas for a few sets that have never been made into a real set.

Grimmauld Place 12, minifigures include: Harry Potter, Hermione Granger, Kreacher, Sirius Black, Tonks, Elphias Dodge, Emmeline Vance, Kingsley Shacklebolt, Molly Weasley

Room of Requirement, minfigures include: Harry Potter, Luna Lovegood, Neville Longbottom, Cho Chang

Ministry of Magic, minifigures include: Albert Runcorn (with Harry Potter head), Reg Cattermole (with Ron Weasley head), Mafalda Hopkirk (with Hermione Granger head), Mary Cattermole, Yaxley, Pius Thicknesse, Dolores Umbridge, Ministry Guard

Battle of the Department of Mysteries, minifigures include: Harry Potter, Lucius Malfoy, Death Eater, Sirius Black, Mad-Eye Moody, Tonks, Bellatrix Lestrange

Slughorn's Office, minifigures include: Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, Professor Slughorn

Horcrux Cave, minifigures include: Harry Potter, Professor Dumbledore, Inferi

Edited by Local Knowledge

I would be disappointed if the only thing we get out of all this are just a couple dimension packs.It's not like Lego has to go all out with this movie,they can just make 3 or 4 tie-in sets and that's all.

So we got a new trailer for the movie and it kinda worries me that we still haven't gotten at the very least a rumor concerning the sets.

LEGO didn't make sets every time a new Harry Potter film was released. Maybe they're waiting to see how well this is going to do before releasing anything.

Well, as it has been stated a multiple amount of times, there will be a couple Dimensions packs but nothing has been heard for sets. We'll see.

I don't think I've seen any kind of prelim pics for products tied to this movie. No action figures or anything of that sort. With that said, I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't get any Lego sets, outside the confirmed Dimensions stuff.

Now if this movie does well, I can absolutely see Lego picking it up, but they might be playing a bit cautious given everything else they're running with licenses this year.

I don't think I've seen any kind of prelim pics for products tied to this movie. No action figures or anything of that sort. With that said, I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't get any Lego sets, outside the confirmed Dimensions stuff.

Now if this movie does well, I can absolutely see Lego picking it up, but they might be playing a bit cautious given everything else they're running with licenses this year.

IMO I don't see how this movie won't do well. The Harry Potter franchise has a huge fan following, and the previous movies did very well. I know it is not the same storyline however it is a pretty nice tie in that will bring in a lot of people to watch it just due to it being under the HP brand.

All we can do now is keep our fingers crossed for potential sets sometime next year. I definitely won't mind getting some Dimensions Packs though. Do we have any more information on those?

Curious to see how this pans out. I have a lot of first run Harry Potter sets, and the original Hogwarts Castle, Snape's Potion Class, and the Durmstrang ship are on display in my collection. But I missed out completely on all post-2004 sets, my only new Lego Harry Potter thing since then being the DK book with Yule Ball Harry. I'd be interested in a reboot of the theme, or even similar sets for Fantastic Beasts. The fact we haven't heard solid rumors yet though tells me 2017 would be a more likely time for Lego to release a theme.

IMO I don't see how this movie won't do well. The Harry Potter franchise has a huge fan following, and the previous movies did very well. I know it is not the same storyline however it is a pretty nice tie in that will bring in a lot of people to watch it just due to it being under the HP brand.

I think there's little doubt the movie will do well, but HP has just not had the same product-heavy side like Star Wars or whatnot. I mean Jurassic World destroyed the box office and they only had a small Lego line and even smaller, sadder action figure line (with no characters).

I can't just figure it out, how Lego decided to pick Angry Birds and Ghostbusters as licensed series, which definitely have less fans, than HP does

Even if we don't get a full wave of sets, I hope we might at least get a big Hogwarts set, like the Ghostbusters Headquarters. I know it's really unlikely, but I can hope. :blush:

Well, as it has been stated a multiple amount of times, there will be a couple Dimensions packs but nothing has been heard for sets. We'll see.

Any news on what those packs will be? Or just the same stuff we know from before?

Any news on what those packs will be? Or just the same stuff we know from before?

There's going to be two fun packs if I recall correctly, Harry and Hermione to be exact :)

There's going to be two fun packs if I recall correctly, Harry and Hermione to be exact :)

Yep, those are from the games files so I assume it's them. The FB ones are probably Newt and... someone else?

All we can do now is keep our fingers crossed for potential sets sometime next year. I definitely won't mind getting some Dimensions Packs though. Do we have any more information on those?

Not to mention we're getting a new book, on Harry's birthday no less!, so this year HP is certainly on the forefront.

Even if we don't get a full wave of sets, I hope we might at least get a big Hogwarts set, like the Ghostbusters Headquarters. I know it's really unlikely, but I can hope. :blush:

I'd definitely love to see that, as I've been clamoring for a D2C Hogwarts since its reboot.