I was just wondering if anybody has heard anything about a Harry Potter theme in 2016? I know there is the new film Fantastic Beasts and were to Find Them in 2016. I also heard that the Lego WB license expires in 2016. I didn't see any topics that discussed this recently and was wondering if there are any rumours circulating.

While sequel/prequel series is one of the concern of LEGO licenses, in this forum, as I know we discuss rumors based on that any of the toy news is leaked. If there is no news for toys, there's no need for a thread for unannounced themes .

Quite right, however it is a fact that there is a new movie, in the Harry Potter Universe, slated for 2016 and being that Lego will not want to let the WB license go due to DC I have a strong feeling that we might get some more Harry Potter sets. I searched through 10 pages of topics and found nobody asking any questions along these lines so I decided to post a topic. If the Moderators would be so kind to change the title to "Speculation of Harry Potter 2016" I would be grateful. I only intended this to be a fun discussion on wether Lego might make more Harry Potter sets and what they might be.

Back On Topic

Being that nothing has been officially announced I was wondering if anybody has heard any rumors. It seems logical that there would be more sets as Harry Potter has been a very profitable theme and there is no traditional fantasy theme slated for 2016. I have a hard time believing that Lego will let the WB license go due to the popularity of DC and we already know that Lego has Batman vs Superman sets in the works so I tend to believe that the license will get extended. We also know that Lego tends to release sets related to the story cannon of a film if the film is popular enough. So, I was wondering if anybody has heard anything or if anybody has any speculation or ideas on what Lego might produce.

Edited by Jack Bricker

Like Dorayaki said, i don't see the need for this either? a press release / Picture / Actual rumor (Think about J2G, Sir Gareth, Sci, Hulk and so forth) would suffice.

Else this thread will be dead quiet in a matter of no time. As of for the question: I'd love a Mythical beasts theme, maybe because it's just the fact that we (COULD) get a amazing new dragon (Like Smaug) a Gryphon, and some other fantastic beasts.

Edited by kevkipo

I've been wondering this as well, and thought I might have heard some sort of speculation by now (considering the movie will be released next year).

I'd love to see this theme, as I'm very interested in LEGO beasts (like wargs, rancors, dewbacks, etc.). I hope that whatever beasts this brings, if any, are done in a similar fashion and not brick-built, although I fear it will be the latter.

If this does happen, my girlfriend will be elated! This is especially true if they take the opportunity to bring back the Harry Potter theme, as LEGO has expanded the techniques used in printing minifigures since the original was available.

While sequel/prequel series is one of the concern of LEGO licenses, in this forum, as I know we discuss rumors based on that any of the toy news is leaked. If there is no news for toys, there's no need for a thread for unannounced themes .

Like Dorayaki said, i don't see the need for this either? a press release / Picture / Actual rumor (Think about J2G, Sir Gareth, Sci, Hulk and so forth) would suffice.

This is bordering on mini-modding, guys. It's not your job to chide other members for starting topics.

The questions raised in the first post are legitimate. There has been HP LEGO in the past (of course), LEGO has an ongoing relationship with WB (which will obviously not end, since the DC Superheroes line is not ending), and WB might reasonably want to support the start of its new HP universe franchise with toys. Have there been any rumors at all? No, not that I know of.

It's unreasonable to expect that there even would be rumors at this point. It's not impossible, but it would have to come from someone with far-in-advance insider info. Our usual providers of information tend to only know about sets several months in advance. Fantastic Beasts is coming out in November, so sets would not be released until September at the earliest. We're not getting summer set info right now. We don't even have any details about Angry Birds sets, which we know for a fact are coming.

If this topic fades for the time being, that's absolutely fine. It my be a little premature, true, but now we'll have a topic to resurrect and turn into an a real Rumors & Discussion topic should the need arise. I sincerely hope the need does arise, as I (obviously) love HP LEGO! :grin:

LEGO has a few movie tie-ins each year. It makes sense that they would want to tap into the Harry Potter universe with Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. This has proven a great success for them in the past. There may even be a few Harry Potter sets that come out before are after Fantastic Beasts similar to what LEGO did with Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit. However, I doubt that the focus would be on Harry Potter as much as Fantastic Beasts.

Given the relationship Lego has with WB, I doubt the contract will end and I'd bet that there will be HP sets in the future, even if just one wave. One of the fronts that the superhero toy battleground is taking place is with Lego, so it makes sense for WB to stay connected.

Ill be really sad if we don't get sets based on the upcoming movie. It'd be nice if they revisit harry potter as well down the line

This is bordering on mini-modding, guys. It's not your job to chide other members for starting topics.

If this topic fades for the time being, that's absolutely fine. It my be a little premature, true, but now we'll have a topic to resurrect and turn into an a real Rumors & Discussion topic should the need arise. I sincerely hope the need does arise, as I (obviously) love HP LEGO! :grin:

Uhmmm okay. It'd be nice to see more tie-ins with HP universe so that everyone can see the magic extend. :classic: Especially nice when LEGO Dimensions has a chance to do an extension series and HP is part of the plan.

The other upcoming case would be PotC5, but that would have to be confirmed after one another year....

As for LotR/Hobbits case, give that HP has done several sets in advance, the need of HP's comeback would not be too significat. I personally wish to see more sets based on the final three films.

Edited by Dorayaki

I'd e very surprised if Lego did not do a line for the new movie. Whether they will produce sets based on the original movies, that's a different question. I'd love to see some as well, but it really boils down to what sells well and what doesn't.

I'm not sure how Lego balances the amount of different themes it has on shelf at any one time.

I'm sure there's an art in letting some themes lapse and launching another. The Newt Scamander films will be part of the HP Universe but will be set long before Harry's parents are born so it's a very different magical world we'll be seeing.

I think they'd have to have started discussions with WB about bringing the films to bricks... it's a difficult thing to guage as nobody knows anything about the new films as JK Rowling was writing the screenplay only after WB said they wanted to make the films.

The very nature of Newt's adventures would lead us to think any sets may very well be creature and character based as he researches his book. Maybe a good chance for something like a new dragon? We've got an Acromantula with Aragog but Shelob has shown that can be improved.

As small a detail as it may seem the fact that Scamander was a Hufflepuff means we may actually get a Hufflepuff uniform which would be a fantastic addition to the existing HP sets although being set in New York it may not venture to Hogwarts at all (I'm sceptical about them not showing Hogwarts at any point in three films but you never know).

I dunno man, they did Lord of the Rings sets for The Hobbit, it makes a lot of sense to me. I imagine Harry Potter has more value among kids than LOTR. Call me nostalgic.

Fantastic Beasts will introduce the world to a new generation of fans who never had a chance to collect the original LEGO sets. The media support would enable LEGO to bring back a beloved theme.

The builds could be much the same; however with the advances in dual molded arms and legs the minifigures would be greatly updated.

I dunno man, they did Lord of the Rings sets for The Hobbit, it makes a lot of sense to me. I imagine Harry Potter has more value among kids than LOTR. Call me nostalgic.

Making HP sets based on a related movie trilogy is very possible... To be honest, I could see them making some FB sets and maybe bringing in one or two HP sets.

I'm not one of those who thinks we need a brand new Hogwarts though... I actually think 4842 and 4867 work great together for a very good castle build already.

I'm not one of those who thinks we need a brand new Hogwarts though... I actually think 4842 and 4867 work great together for a very good castle build already.

Well if they do revisit Harry Potter they probably will make another Hogwarts. Its too iconic for them to leave out

Well if they do revisit Harry Potter they probably will make another Hogwarts. Its too iconic for them to leave out

Very possibly... and probably. If they do go for something I hope it's a build that'll compliment those two sets such as the clock tower etc from 4757 and maybe the greenhouse section.

Mind you... we're getting a little ahead of ourselves here. We need to see if we'll get any HP universe sets never mind anything specific.

Mind you... we're getting a little ahead of ourselves here. We need to see if we'll get any HP universe sets never mind anything specific.

But that's the best way to set yourself up for disappointment! :grin:

For the people saying that Harry Potter would probably be revived if this theme happens, because it happened with Lord of the Rings: the detail you're missing is that there had never been any middle earth sets. Harry Potter has already been a theme twice, and has already been discontinued twice, once fairly recently. If there are Fantastic Beasts sets, I doubt there would be more than maybe some Harry Potter Dimensions Packs.

For the people saying that Harry Potter would probably be revived if this theme happens, because it happened with Lord of the Rings: the detail you're missing is that there had never been any middle earth sets. Harry Potter has already been a theme twice, and has already been discontinued twice, once fairly recently. If there are Fantastic Beasts sets, I doubt there would be more than maybe some Harry Potter Dimensions Packs.

That is true but, Lego has revived Harry Potter every time Warner Bros. released a new movie so I tend to think that they will do it again. Also keep in mind that Lego is in business to make money. Their marketing team couldn't care less wether they have already released sets based on certain scenes/places already or not, they just care about making a successful theme and Harry Potter has always sold well.

Edited by Jack Bricker

f there are Fantastic Beasts sets, I doubt there would be more than maybe some Harry Potter Dimensions Packs.

if we don't get any sets, we will probably get a FB Dimensions pack.

I personally have faith in Harry Potter and belive that the franchise has a good chance to join the Dimensions battle. It's not about how Fantastic Beasts the film turns out.

But as for Fantastic Beasts, hopefully they have some LEGO sets and just don't end up as game packs only. :/

I'd love it if the Harry Potter theme would come back! I always loved the older sets, but only ever got three, so I'd love a chance to add a few more to that collection. I've been thinking about the possibility of more sets for a little while, and I think if we're going to get more Harry Potter sets, it'll either be summer 2016, or summer, maybe late winter, 2017; either building up, or riding off the hype for Fantastic Beasts (which I have little doubt will be getting at least a handful of sets). If we don't get any new Harry Potter sets, I hope we could at least get a big direct to consumer Hogwarts, even if it were under the Fantastic Beasts banner.

Harry Potter brought me out of my dark age so it has a special place in my heart (and wallet). My favorite thing about the line was that it provided a wonderful selection of buildings to create in the midst of so many vehicle dominated lines. I think that is what drew me to the LOTR line as well.

I personally don't think we are going to get any additional Harry Potter sets with the Fantastic Beast's line but that doesn't mean I wouldn't be delighted if I was wrong. In fact, I'm not sure if we even are going to get a line for the new movies.

The Harry Potter movie series is the highest grossing range of movies so it would seem as if a new line would be a no brainer. But I don't think the last few years of the HP line sold very well and I wonder if that is enough for Lego to pause and think twice about if the Fantastic Beasts movies would translate into a IP that can sell toys.

I really hope that they do make them though and I really would love to see a version of a American wizard school or even an American version of the Ministry of Magic. As long as they are primarily based on interesting buildings I will be delighted.