Sign in to follow this  
LegoAcklay

[MOC] Geonosis Arena Execution (Arena Beasts + Custom Figures)

Welcome to my: "Star Wars: Geonosis Arena Execution" Creation!

j4Rrmq8.png

This is a Geonosis Arena LDD Moc which I have rendered and submitted to the LEGO Ideas site. If it reaches 10,000 supporters it will be reviewed by LEGO and can become a official Set! If you have Facebook you can use it to have signup quickly and support the project. Otherwise you can register manually.

You can support and take a look at the project here: https://ideas.lego.com/projects/116419

If you wan't to further help the project you could share it on other appropriate sites and spread the word.

QP1Msbo.png

I've been working on making the Geonosis Arena for years probably from 2002/2003 to the present day and I think I've nearlly hit my limit on the development of my designs for both the creatures and the structure of the arena, (more of the arena was in my previous projects)

HWrVlBc.png.

This time around I've made custom designs for a new version of Padme, Obi-Wan and Anankin as seen in the Republic Gunship,(75021) set which adds a lot more to a potential Geonosis Arena set.

PGhyPYn.png

I've also continued to update the four pillars making them more robust and movie accurate. Did I mention, they can fall over just like in the film when the Acklay charges against one smashing it and when one is hit from a Geonosian sonic cannon.

Don't forget if your watching please leave a support. This would mean the world to me if it got to the LEGO Review and I think it has a good chance to be made since it was never officially released as a set before and it's not something massively huge so there is a good chance LEGO could consider it.

May the force be with you.

-Thunderous Blade

Nice way to do the handcuffs & chains. I'll also agree- that Acklay is one of the best I've seen, especially at that size! :sweet:

That acklay is amazing

Nice way to do the handcuffs & chains. I'll also agree- that Acklay is one of the best I've seen, especially at that size! :sweet:

Thank you for commenting! Glad you like the Acklay. It's the creature I worked the most on. And deraven you have just made me think. I could use the clips with the small bar at the back to attach the handcuff to the chain.

This is an awesome set - I tried something similar this summer but lacked enough of the pieces to do 4 stud wide columns. I have dinky little 2x2 columns.

The beasts look great - that brick built Acklay is outstanding. Do you know if all of the pieces are actually available (all the greens, etc) and are there plans to have decals for the faces, or are they brick-built too?

Lovely job!

This is an awesome set - I tried something similar this summer but lacked enough of the pieces to do 4 stud wide columns. I have dinky little 2x2 columns.

The beasts look great - that brick built Acklay is outstanding. Do you know if all of the pieces are actually available (all the greens, etc) and are there plans to have decals for the faces, or are they brick-built too?

Lovely job!

Thank you! Yes I exactly understand what you mean with the pillars. I started out like that for them in real life then I managed to make one decent 4x4 one but it's not really tall enough and it's nothing compared to the versions I made on Lego Digital Designer. Only a few green bricks for the Acklay are available like the smooth curved bricks for the back but non of the leg peices are available so if you want to recreate exactly like that you would have to make it off-colour/paint it or if this project makes it.

The Acklay's face the nose above the head of the nexu and the spots on the reek are all meant to be decals on normal existing bricks.

Edited by LegoAcklay

Honestly, I'm not getting your strategy with these arena project. This is... third or fourth one? I know there are differences but between the last two versions (I hope I didn't miss couple other versions in between) I can't see very much. It's not really a problem to support this over and over, I'll gldly keep doing that. But what's the point?

Honestly, I'm not getting your strategy with these arena project. This is... third or fourth one? I know there are differences but between the last two versions (I hope I didn't miss couple other versions in between) I can't see very much. It's not really a problem to support this over and over, I'll gldly keep doing that. But what's the point?

Hello Kris remember seeing your comments on the projects and thanks for the countinued support!

I have 6 of the arena's (including the mini one).

I guess it's just that I really like the scene a lot and I came to LEGO Ideas to specifiically try to get that into the LEGO review. So every once in a while between different sets I try to give it another go. The first one on the first day did pretty good. Around 100 supporters but then the ammount decreased. I've been trying to make it get noticed well on the first day of the release with different versions of the arena ever since. I know it's kind of a lost hope but that set was my plan from the begining so every once in a while I keep trying.

I hope this will voted to be released as a set, but in my humble opinion, if it does, the creatures won't be made out of spare parts like you outstandingly did, but their body part will be more likely molded to fit one part.