Reyelan fared surprising well during the Kaliphlin Civil War. So well, the government began buying a portion of the food from farmers and millers to sell to surrounding areas. Graham rides out to one of the mills to check in on the process.

21092161800_f35355b67f_c.jpg

Edited by Graham Gidman

This is a great scene, especially the water. However, I feel that in some ways it's perhaps a bit too generic in terms of style. Maybe it's just because I've gotten tired of seeing the standard green landscape with rocks and water, but I'd like to see something a bit more unique, I think, whether technically or stylistically. Still, a great MOC!

Really cool! I think the water would look even better with some light trans-blue and clear studs mixed in though. :classic:

That was my original thought, actually, but I didn't have enough trans-light blue to do it properly. Once I get some more, I'll try this technique again. :classic:

This is a great scene, especially the water. However, I feel that in some ways it's perhaps a bit too generic in terms of style. Maybe it's just because I've gotten tired of seeing the standard green landscape with rocks and water, but I'd like to see something a bit more unique, I think, whether technically or stylistically. Still, a great MOC!

Thanks for the input! I personally really like green in Castle landscapes, and I just acquired a lot of it from the Pick-A-Brick wall, so I had to use it in something. I have been wanted to do something a little more technically/stylistically based lately, but haven't gotten around to it. Maybe for the CCC... :wink: Edited by Graham Gidman

That's awesome! The windmill is nicely done, if a little bit too neat/bland, but I really love the landscaping! The path and rocks are nice, the technique for the plowed garden rows is great, and the waves in the water look amazing! :sweet:

Heck yeah! 1x1 plate water that isn't just thrown on the table! :grin: I use the same technique for most of my water; I'll echo the comments about both the great shaping of the swells and the need for some trans-light blue and trans-clear pieces.

Heck yeah! 1x1 plate water that isn't just thrown on the table! :grin: I use the same technique for most of my water; I'll echo the comments about both the great shaping of the swells and the need for some trans-light blue and trans-clear pieces.

Trust me, I was tempted to go with that method. :grin: Yeah, like I said to mediumsnowman, just didn't have enough of them to do it properly. I'll definitely give 'er another go once I have more or if it's on a smaller scale. Thanks for the comment, mrcp6d! :classic: Edited by Graham Gidman

This has a very tranquil atmosphere, I'd rather live here than in some dry, desert warzone! And I'm a fan of the tidy water style, I think the loose 1x1 style with different colours can contrast too much with landscapes.

That water :wub: I'd be tempted to add a bit of colour variation but perhaps that wouldn't work on a smallish patch like this.

The whole build looks great!

Really nice technique for the water here! I don't envy you the stacking though. :grin: The path and windmill are also really nice, and I like the clothesline - nice addition!

If I may offer a critique though - I think that given the low toned colors of the build, taking it on a bright background might have helped a bit. Colored flowers (instead of white) would also probably have livened the scene up. Other than those minor things however, very nice build!

The water(side) looks very nice, interesting techniques! The rest of the landscape is nice too, the path is integrated well, the flowers and scattered rock make it look very natural. The mill has a detailed, sturdy wall, a welcome approach with all the sketchy, highly greebled ones that are quite popular. Only one point of criticisme: the wings have about the right proportions, but are not made of wood entirely, sails make the wings go round. Good entry nonetheless :classic::thumbup:

That's Avalonia! Boring green, unpoisonous trees. Nothing against our exciting and dangerous flora in Nocturnus.

I like the mill a lot, the round shape is wonderful. But I have to add one point of critique: the top of the mill should be able to turn around 360º to set it in current wind direction. But it's a fantasy world. So if you tell me that in your settlement the wind has a constant direction I have no complaints about it.

P.s.: love the acres.

Edited by Jacob Nion

I want to try that water too, it looks so good. I like the use of the flower stalks on the tress too. Lots of little things going on here I like it, especially the pig eating the mushrooms :-)

Thanks for all the kind words and suggestions, I'll keep those in mind next time. :classic:

Yep that water technique is cool! I have to try it sometimes.

The brown areas are those new fields?

Yes. Edited by Graham Gidman

Wonderful build, Graham. Great windmill, landscaping, water, and trees :thumbup: Plus you included some good details with the clothesline and barrels :classic:

Wow this is wonderful! The way you did the water is awesome. The field built with the log wall bricks is a great idea. This is all around cool.