A rather big LDD-design

This designed to look like the British fifth-rater HMS Lively

16063728143_fdf7711694_c.jpgHMS Lively LDD by Anders Thuesen, on Flickr

21391005461_dcb696aa30_c.jpgHMS Lively parts by Anders Thuesen, on Flickr

21356429386_806028a9c6_c.jpgHMS Lively boats by Anders Thuesen, on Flickr

21194564090_7e99019c44_c.jpgHMS Lively top by Anders Thuesen, on Flickr

21195755309_bd4054a594_c.jpgHMS Lively Side by Anders Thuesen, on Flickr

pirates-indexed.gif Fully rigged ship - Frigate - 22D

From my most productive year(so far) 2011. This model represented quite a leap forward in my designing ambitions.

How long have you been creating LEGO sets to become such a skillful masterbuilder?!!! Such an unspeakable piece of art with unusual building techniques. I wish I learn from you. It looks very realistic. What's your opinion of my 2 sets? Add a few more picrures from different angles. The only negative thing is using LDD instead of real LEGO bricks.

How long have you been creating LEGO sets to become such a skillful masterbuilder?!!! Such an unspeakable piece of art with unusual building techniques. I wish I learn from you. It looks very realistic. What's your opinion of my 2 sets? Add a few more picrures from different angles. The only negative thing is using LDD instead of real LEGO bricks.

I've been building my own designs since I was a kid.

However my first serious attempt at designing a "realistic" ship was in 2010. She is posted in the forum under the name HMS Ontario.

We all learn from each other. I can't even count the ship designs that has inspired me. Both scale models, minifig illusion and wooden ships.

LDD is not the finished thing, not at all. I think of my LDD designs as WIP's.

As for your two sets.

I think that the playability of the game is quite nice, but the Structures on the side may get in the way whilst playing.

I think that LEGO® might rather sell soldiers with different attire seperatly.

Thanks for looking in.

Edited by Anders T

All your ship designs are astonishing. They look like so much more than simple Lego bricks, which is extraordinary. I'd love to see them built - any of them. Excellent work!

Your ships are all very wonderful. I really like how you've build the interior to it. I wonder if how that could be built in brick with the interior accessible.

What scale would you say your ships are? Minifig or slightly bigger?

All your ship designs are astonishing. They look like so much more than simple Lego bricks, which is extraordinary. I'd love to see them built - any of them. Excellent work!

Thanks

Your ships are all very wonderful. I really like how you've build the interior to it. I wonder if how that could be built in brick with the interior accessible.

What scale would you say your ships are? Minifig or slightly bigger?

Thanks. My first ambition was to build models where both the exterior as well as the interior was realistic. However experience has proven that there is much gained by foucusing on the exterior. My last models, much like other big ship models, have no interior design.

I think that a good solution would be to display a full ship and a crosssection. or do something like this.

https://farm7.staticflickr.com/6232/6320162049_4523a97f97_b.jpg

I try to stay in the same scale on all my models.

-One stud=one foot-

that is something like

1:(38-40)