Sign in to follow this  
blackdeathgr

small pirate boat

The shipwrecked twins (from 70409 x2) decided it was about time to stop being targets for the imperials' amusement and their cannons. So they broke free from the island, by scraping a small boat off some shipwreck pieces (and some foraging inside some small shoe boxes). Which version do you like (bow-wise)??

An inspiration from a previous cpt Braunsfeld small ship (the one without monkeys on it :P)

21245772556_6132344f7f_c.jpgsmall boat v1 by Spy Tha, on Flickr

pirates-indexed.gif One Mast - 8C

21261513342_1ef2e44c9e_c.jpgsmall boat v2 by Spy Tha, on Flickr

21085131379_89e6f65fe0_c.jpgside technic by Spy Tha, on Flickr

Thanks for watching

Thanks guys, i will do some minor rigging and add a sail later just to see how it looks like. I like to work on a low count of bricks (forced too though). It enhances creativity for me :P This design, more simplified, is a possible candidate for life boats on bigger ships too i think.

Edited by blackdeathgr

That's a very nice little boat, and I prefer the first version of the bow. Perhaps the twins are smuggling rum in the barrel...

That's a very nice little boat, and I prefer the first version of the bow. Perhaps the twins are smuggling rum in the barrel...

I prefer to think they have some herring in there. Eat then drink rule applies here as well :P

It seems your purpose was to make the boat as small as possible, so you even "put" veeeery little water under it. Economy?

Sadly it is called lack of bricks :P But this MOC is destined for study and training so no more water was needed pirate_satisfied.gif

Excellent economy of bricks. Nice.

The shape puts me in mide of those ancient Egyptian (I think) boats made from bundles of reeds lashed together. Defo a getaway boat from a desert island!

Hehe, thanks guys. Those curved bricks always get my imagination going, although they are not easily used. Think circular!