Amazing Bricks

Favorite Collectable Minifigure?

When it comes to Lego, for whatever reason, I love all things Halloween, so my favorite minifigs across all product lines are:

1. Lord Vampyre's Bride

2. Banshee

3. Scarecrow

4. Spooky Girl

Edited by Industrial Voodoo

Although Cleo goes better with Caesar than the Pharaohs :-)

:classic:

True.

So again, without straying too far off topic, it's why my display is by series instead of theme, because after a while some figures could be lumped into any of several different "themes." So I stopped trying and just displayed them by series.

20660148733_a96c554f91_n.jpg

I think I'm one of the few people that was excited about the S14 werewolf just because it tied in with the lumberjack - and you could even include the Little Red Riding Hood. All those figures that get counterparts become more interesting to me.

That's the peril of not completing series...if a counterpart you like appears, you are compelled to get the original, and might not be able to. But usually the counterparts go to a fig I already like and own.

That's the peril of not completing series...if a counterpart you like appears, you are compelled to get the original, and might not be able to. But usually the counterparts go to a fig I already like and own.

True and I am in peril anyway since I started my collection when Simpsons 1 were on the shelves (my mum once bought be a series 11 yeti instead of chocolate, but this was a couple years before I came out of the dark age and it was not quite enough to hook me in), so I am picking up a lot retrospectively anyways.

I think I'm one of the few people that was excited about the S14 werewolf just because it tied in with the lumberjack - and you could even include the Little Red Riding Hood. All those figures that get counterparts become more interesting to me.

Oooo true... although he could do with losing some clothes... also if you had three piggy guys, he could kinda be the big bad wolf in the three little pigs...

I'll mention Aztec Warrior, SpiderSpaceman! I can't possibly choose a single favorite, but he surely makes my Top 10. We used to keep a running wishlist over at Classic-Castle, and Aztec Warrior was one of my submissions. I considered it a long shot, though, and was very pleasantly surprised when they made one! That eagle headdress is magnificent!

Other top picks of mine:

Yeti--He's just so dang cuddly, and the popsicle is an inspired touch!

Bagpiper--Everything about him, from the plaid printing to the kilt to the bagpipe accessory itself, is just sensational.

Lederhosen Guy and Pretzel Girl--Did anyone here ever dream that LEGO would produce Oktoberfest-themed minifigs? Because I sure didn't.

Viking Lady--I love that she can be either a serious warrior or an opera singer, depending on how her head is turned.

Aztec Warrior is also up there for me, but not quite the best.

I love all of the suited characters. I think they're the real embodiments of the Collectable Minifigures line. Others I really like are the Genie (hopefully we'll get an evil red one soon!), the Yeti, and the Gingerbread Man.

In no particular order, my ultimate favourites are:

- Royal Guard - series 5

- Roman Soldier - Series 6

- Island warrior - Series 11

- Battle Goddess - Series 12

- King - Series 13

- Toy soldier (comes with the character encyclopedia)

If I have to choose just one, it would be the toy soldier. He is just too cute, love the blushes on his cheeks.

At the end of the day though, I like all of them!

Today my favorite is the Viking Woman. As Karalora said, she could be Brunhilda from Wagner's opera or have a place at a mead hall. The print is amazing as well as the new hair / helmet mold.

Tomorrow my favorite is likely to be one of any number of excellent minifigs.

2-Lego-Vampire_Bat%2B-%2Bserie%2B8.jpg

He's soOOoo cutee! :wub: :wub: :wub: I got 4 of him! d'aww! I wuv my bat minifiuwes! :blush:

Also,

the Evil Knight: He's just a perfect mini figure. The spikes of villainy are a perfect touch! He's menacing and very Blackguard-y!An all-round stupendous figure.

Alien Hitler: I mean the Alien Villainess... That's lipstick, and not "facial hair" Even though we can clearly see that "Her" actual hair is the same colour as the "lipstick." :look: Definitely not Alien Hitler.

Cthulhu Alien: First off, he's adorable. Second off, he's Cthulhu, third off, I own 7 of him.

Kimono girl: She's perfect! I love Kimonos, and the Company pulled off the Japanese aesthetic delightfully!

Galaxy Patrol: All-round solid minifigure.

Viking Woman: That face is the absolute best female face. It's just generically "Unhappy" enough to be used for almost anything! :wub: The rest of her is great too!

~Insectoid Aristocrat

There's another one I should mention: The Classic Alien and the Witch. I love the Classic Alien's design, which is simple, recognizable, and appropriately eerie. And the Witch was one of my favorite early CMFs, due to her bright green skin and great outfit. I did give her the Lizard Suit Guy's hands, though.

He's soOOoo cutee! :wub: :wub: :wub: I got 4 of him! d'aww! I wuv my bat minifiuwes! :blush:

Viking Woman: That face is the absolute best female face. It's just generically "Unhappy" enough to be used for almost anything! :wub: The rest of her is great too!

I think I have 3, but only the one in my collection proper still has the arms attached - the other arms are all being used as individual parts. Don't weep for them :wink:

Viking woman's two faces are great for making a scene where a woman's out having a good time with her friends and suddenly a guy walks up to put the moves on her. :tongue:

Without any doubt my favorite ones of the CMF series are the Medusa, the Goblin and the Gargoyle, and I have a decent army of them.

Got a few more: The Evil Knight, Gingerbread Man, Caveman and Alien Villainess. The Caveman was my very first CMF, and all of them are great designs that I really like. I like way too many of these to have fewer than twenty "absolute favorites"! :laugh:

Aaaand I just remembered how much I like the Egyptian Warrior and Lady Liberty. At this rate, I should just list the ones I don't like.

The Medusa is by far my favorite of all the CMFs.

Honorable mentions to the Sailor (my first CMF), Egyptian Queen, Alien Villainess, and Fairytale Princess.

Series 6 Roman, I love that shield and ancient warriors in general. This one is the most iconic. I don't actually own any though, I have a some Series 10 Romans because they are much more affordable, also a very nice figure.

I'd give an honorable mention to The S13 Battle Goddess (Athena). Every element is well designed, I only wish there was some way to have hair and helmet separable. I should've bought more of these, the shield is so great and the gold lipstick is a nice touch.