TK924

Help MOD the 6206 Tie Interceptor

I just purchased a complete 6206 Tie Interceptor from the Bay. I want to replace all the blue parts in order to match it to the 9492 Tie Fighter.

Can you help me with the color of the replacement parts?

I'm sure that the flat, blue tiles on the outside of the wings should be light blueish gray, but what color should I use on the bricks around the cockpit?

$_57.JPG

Thanks in advance!

Edited by TK924

How about taking the entire cockpit/arm design from the newer Tie and grafting updated interceptor wings on that?

Should get you the best, most up to date look

How about taking the entire cockpit/arm design from the newer Tie and grafting updated interceptor wings on that?

Should get you the best, most up to date look

Yeah, my actual suggestion would be to keep it blue if you want the nostalgia of having the old set. If you want a ship that looks like a TIE Interceptor, get the newest TIE set and mod the wings.

Hi.

I hope this can be useful. They are my Tie 6206 in light bluish gray. As you see, many of the blue and black parts were changed by Light Bluish Gray ones. From 2007 or 2008. Hard to remember...

.20625384064_388e01dcd3_c.jpg

Best regards

Edited by sigpro

For the TIE Interceptor, I'm just gonna wait for a re-release. It's this or the TIE Bomber that has to be next in line, they've both been a decade (or more, for the bomber) without a modern version.

For the TIE Interceptor, I'm just gonna wait for a re-release. It's this or the TIE Bomber that has to be next in line, they've both been a decade (or more, for the bomber) without a modern version.

It's been over 10 years since a TIE Bomber! Yet we've had X-Wings dribbling out our ears :oh:. Rebel scum :vader:.

Hi.

I hope this can be useful. They are my Tie 6206 in light bluish gray. As you see, many of the blue and black parts were changed by Light Bluish Gray ones. From 2007 or 2008. Hard to remember...

Best regards

Those are quite cool looking in black! Why the heck weren't the original ones in black? What were they thinking?

I bought a couple of 6206 back when - I was just coming out of my dark ages; I think I found them on sale. I never got the original TIE, so I made my own out of one of the sets, but didn't do a color change. Since I now have a modern TIE, I may revisit these to recolor them (and convert back to an interceptor).

If you want a ship that looks like a TIE Interceptor, get the newest TIE set and mod the wings.

I thought about that but it would be cheaper to buy the 6206 ($32 in my case) and MOD it.

I even found instructions on how to MOD the Fighter wings of the 9429 into the Interceptor wings. http://imgur.com/a/ixEBS

Hi.

.20625384064_388e01dcd3_c.jpg

Best regards

Thanks for the picture! Looks great!

Edited by TK924

I thought about that but it would be cheaper to buy the 6206 ($32 in my case) and MOD it.

I even found instructions on how to MOD the Fighter wings of the 9429 into the Interceptor wings. http://imgur.com/a/ixEBS

Ah, if it's cost, then definitely just mod the blue one as sigpro did.

I like those instructions though, I might just use 'em.

Id love a re-release of the interceptor, it would look awesome next to my vader's tie (8017), but given recent prices (especially in europe), it would end up costing north of €50... Id like a Tie proto as well, but €55 man...

I modded all my TIEs with the same style, I think this is what you are looking for but I haven't updated the picture of the interceptor, yet the color scheme should be alike (mostly dark grey):

21254107745_fcd74a8f6b_c.jpgDibujo by Nom Carver, en Flickr

11844359665_ab8a4bbb81_c.jpgP1010113 by Nom Carver, en Flickr

11845104256_5a3a7f08f9_c.jpgP1010127 by Nom Carver, en Flickr

11845194556_bedd9570fd_c.jpgP1010107 by Nom Carver, en Flickr

Light bley is too bright for my taste.

Edited by Nom Carver

If I were TK924, I would use Nom Carver´s Tie Interceptor´s cockpit and wing pylons (the real model, not the LDD), and my Tie Interceptor´s panels (which are very similar to Nom´s LDD model). With the help of BL and time, your Tie Interceptors will be dreadful.

Best regards.

I modded all my TIEs with the same style, I think this is what you are looking for but I haven't updated the picture of the interceptor, yet the color scheme should be alike (mostly dark grey):

21254107745_fcd74a8f6b_c.jpgDibujo by Nom Carver,

Thanks for the pics!

Do you have the LDD file and if so, would you be willing to share?

I'd like to play around with the color and brick types.

I think Medium Stone Gray is Light Bluish Gray and Dark Stone Gray is Dark Bluish Gray. But be careful because the color palette has changed and there can be differences between the old Light Bluish Gray and the new one.

Bricklink has Light Bluish Gray and Dark Bluish Gray, while pick a brick (lego.com) has Medium Stone Gray and Dark Stone Gray. I hope my post is useful.

Best regards.

But be careful because the color palette has changed and there can be differences between the old Light Bluish Gray and the new one.

There is no old and new LBG. Old one was Light Gray, new one (relatively... the change took place in 2003, so 12 years ago) is Light Bluish Gray.

Edited by Vodnik

You can try out light blueish gray around the cockpit, mixing both light and dark blueish gray as you progress towards the wings, and finish the wings off with black and dark blueish gray (the latter will replace the blue parts). Good luck