Kolonialbeamter

General MOC-Discussion, WIP-Help, and Teaser Thread

Does anyone know of any useful references in regards to this?

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag allows you to freely explore Havana, Nassau, Kingston and plenty of fishing villages and plantations.

A ship I have been working on (my first ship moc actually pirate_laugh2.gif ) But I have faced some problems how to continue and would like some good advice.

This is gonna be both for display but also for play, the blue coats need a big ship to defend themsleves against the darn pirates.

I am gonna make an own thread for this but not yet because the my building progress is very, very slow.

22909169252_031445a4eb.jpg22896613946_259eb84b94.jpg

22896627456_043172f855.jpg

This is where I started out back in july, so I have had some kind of progress altough it has been a bit slow. Still just a small vessel here.pirate_satisfied.gif

I have used the HMS Bounty kind of ship as an example of what I am trying to build. Some advice would be helpful.

Edited by Mencot

Have you been looking through the Ship MOC index? There´s plenty of inspiration for to start from. Then there´s also Build a Frigate tutorial also if that´s any help.

PS: Im also building my first ship. pirate_laugh2.gif LDD version can be seen here: http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=556414

EDIT: by the way, what kind of ship are you planning to do, a brig, a frigate or a ship of the line?

Captain Becker

Edited by Captain Becker

Thx Captain B. for the push to the tutorial and index threads.

I have used the "HMS Bounty" as an reference, I don´t really know the names and types of ships and what is the diffrence about them pirate_blush.gif . The Bounty is some sort of Armed Vessel, right, looks like a brig? I have also looked on other ships images, guess they are brigs and frigates... I am not going for a total realism, a more of a mix between a brig and frigatepirate_satisfied.gif

The HMS Bethia, later renamed as HMS Bounty was actually a Bark as far as I know, although very similiar to the brig. It was a discovery vessel for the Great Britain, im not sure if it also was a merchant vessel of some sort at some point. The way to recognize a brig and a frigate is that the frigate have 3 mast usually.

Keep that curve and you´ll be just fine I think. I have to wait more progress to be done to give any more feedback as its just too early to say anything about it.

Captain Becker

Thanks Mr. Phred, the only problem whit it is that the some parts, especially the rigging parts are so hard to find, and they cost too much for my liking´s. pirate_look.gif

Captain Becker

Captain Becker,

Have you looked at using the masts from the Black Pearl or Queen's Anne Revenge? The pieces look like 2x2 black columns

I'm working on a similar vessels right now, and I have been using your MOC as a reference.

Nay, because the mast are not the problem really, the only problem is the rigging, But the rigging part that I am looking is this: part number 2541, and it only appears on the old classic ships like Black Sea barracuda or the Skull Eye Schooner etc. I have tried to modify it so that it would use the one from the QAR or Brickbeards Bounty, but have yet to come any reasonable solution.

Im glad to hear that my humble and basic ship is an inspiration to you. pirate_classic.gif

https://alpha.bricklink.com/pages/clone/catalogitem.page?P=2541&name=Boat%20Mast%20Rigging%20Long%2027%20x%205&category=%5BBoat%5D#T=S&O={}

Captain Becker

My WIP for my first really big ship:

23714383359_465dfe6fb3_c.jpg

I kinda lack the pieces to build the opposite side :p

23974061982_4773866cdb_c.jpg

The gallery can be opened so there is acces to the cabins :)

That sure is a really big ship. She will sure be a terror of the seas upon completion. How many guns will it hold in total?

That sure is a really big ship. She will sure be a terror of the seas upon completion. How many guns will it hold in total?

Thx!! Atm there are 46 heavy guns at the first 2 decks. I am not sure yet how many or which types of canons will be placed at the upper deck :)

23974061982_4773866cdb_c.jpg

Is that me in the bicorn? :look:

You may need to find a more competent ship inspector. :pir-grin:

Is that me in the bicorn? :look:

You may need to find a more competent ship inspector. :pir-grin:

It is now the first time I see that we share the same face as that is also the face of my sigfig :p

It is now the first time I see that we share the same face as that is also the face of my sigfig :p

:pir-laugh: we're twins!

I managed to get my hands on a second Brick Bounty in the sale and spent some time this weekend making my modifications, I want it bigger but too still look like the Brick Bounty, so it may take some time to get right.

24231938999_c403aea552_z.jpgWIP MOD Brick Bounty, on Flickr

Will add a couple more photos tonight, I am missing the pieces to fully make the top deck, but I will attempt some substitutions for a first pass :-)

I recommend adding a gangway with higher railing along the gangway similar to the BSB. :thumbup:

12490493844_ba05f80f13.jpg

Otherwise the stern may look too tall with the additional length.

I recommend adding a gangway with higher railing along the gangway similar to the BSB. :thumbup:

Otherwise the stern may look too tall with the additional length.

I like the idea, I was going for a full second deck but now I am tempted change to just halfway across and add the gangway as you show it.

Anyway I am still working on getting everything together. Haven't really changed much to the back, just made the cabin a bit higher and longer and built stuff up a bit at the front. The inside needs a little bit of love to get it looking interesting, its currently neglected and I am missing wheels for the cannons extra. I guess I might add a kitchen below deck, not sure yet.

24591446992_8962a353f2_z.jpgIMG_0475 3, on Flickr

24709216095_dc5a6b091f_z.jpgIMG_0477 3, on Flickr

Hi guys and i was wondering if any of you guys that own the imperial flagship added a rowboat on to the ship somehow. If you did please post a picture im trying to get ideas on how to upgrade my imperial flagship! :pir-grin:

Are you referring to set number 10210?..

If yes, then it is easy. Mine still sealed but i have bought 2 row boats to add them

You will need only 2 Technic pins. Plug them inside one of the holes at the back of the masts and there you go :-).

Yes that is the one in talking about, thanks so what is the tecknic pin piece number, just to help ordering them

Yes that is the one in talking about, thanks so what is the tecknic pin piece number, just to help ordering them

If you've ever bought a set with a play function, you probably already have extras.

Glad to hear you got a hold of the Imperial Flagship!

Yeah I know I'm really happy I did and after waiting for 7 years to have it in ready to deck it out XD

Yeah I know I'm really happy I did and after waiting for 7 years to have it in ready to deck it out XD

Whatever happened to giving it to your cousin as a gift? pirate_laugh2.gif