Sign in to follow this  
Cecilie

[MOC] LEGO Star Wars Episode VII - The Game

This is my final entry to the Imperium der Steine MOC Olympics. The theme of the round was "Episode VII". Seeing as the movie isn't exactly out yet, there isn't all that much available material. After watching the trailers over and over again a few times, I quickly realized there wasn't really anything interesting that hadn't been done by others already, and I didn't want to just rehash something someone else had built. The idea came to use the LEGO Star Wars games from TT as inspiration to build my own imagining of a new yet announced game based on Episode VII, allowing me to build multiple scenes from the trailer, at a smaller scale. For the hub world I chose to use the interior of the Millenium Falcon an inspiration (it's obviously not an exact representation, but adjusted to fit the needs of my hub). The 6th world is not yet unlocked, there has to be some excitement left since the movie isn't out yet :wink:. I also built some micro ships that are displayed in the hub world to represent minikits unlocked by the player. There are only 4 of them, as the player has obviously not yet completed level 5, or level 6 would be unlocked :tongue:.

My opponent in the final is Burglarhobbit on flickr and this is his entry: IDSMO - R5 - The Making-of

The hub

21197013235_a6d35442f0_c.jpg

The hub - LEGO Star Wars Episode VII - The game by Cecilie Fritzvold, on Flickr

Corridor leading to the levels

21009797819_3242d5e9d4.jpg

Corridor by Cecilie Fritzvold, on Flickr

Level 1

21187596042_74b078941d_c.jpg

Episode VII - AT-AT by Cecilie Fritzvold, on Flickr

Level 2

21205492031_8815e884a3_c.jpg

Episode VII - TIE hangar by Cecilie Fritzvold, on Flickr

Level 3

21187258582_d7ae68d727_c.jpg

Episode VII - scrapyard by Cecilie Fritzvold, on Flickr

Level 4

21187807832_cb9e21f464_c.jpg

Episode VII - X-Wings by Cecilie Fritzvold, on Flickr

Level 5

21205489921_6ddaf5260c_c.jpg

Episode VII - Kylo Ren by Cecilie Fritzvold, on Flickr

And the overview shot

21010197629_e5895344bb_c.jpg

LEGO Star Wars Episode VII - The game by Cecilie Fritzvold, on Flickr

I also took a close-up of my micro X-wing, which you can see here: Poe's X-wing - micro version

Cecilie, this is a stunning model that shows off the variety of Episode VII in an exciting new way! I love that you turned it into a TT Games LEGO Star Wars game! Cool layout, btw.

Your vignettes are stunning, I especially love the X-Wing (D'oh!) and the forest levels :wub: Both convey the feel of the scenes amazingly well and that sundown is simply jaw-dropping. Not to say that that AT-AT, the hangar or the question mark are less cool :wink:

Very well done and best of luck with the contest!

Thank you everyone, I'm glad you like it :sweet:

Cecilie, this is a stunning model that shows off the variety of Episode VII in an exciting new way! I love that you turned it into a TT Games LEGO Star Wars game! Cool layout, btw.

Your vignettes are stunning, I especially love the X-Wing (D'oh!) and the forest levels :wub: Both convey the feel of the scenes amazingly well and that sundown is simply jaw-dropping. Not to say that that AT-AT, the hangar or the question mark are less cool :wink:

Very well done and best of luck with the contest!

Especially the question mark, right? :wink:

Georgeous MOC. Not only superb executed but exceptionaly imaginative. Among all SW dioramas made so far I'd rate this very high :)

EDIT: Your opponent's entry is also masterpiece - great final round. Yet I have clear candidate for winner :D Fingers crossed.

Edited by krisandkris12

Fantastic entry! Everyone who played at least one lego game will recognize the lovely work on every typical detail, e.g. the mini models (amazing work here), the levels, even the posing of the figures. And the interiour of the falcon is one extremely strong build for it's own.

Really impressive. Wish you good luck!

One of the best MOCs I've ever seen. Lego Star Wars the game was what got me back into Star Wars so this really hits home.

Wow, this is spectacular! Superb job making Episode 7 details without any Episode 7 sets as well! Everything in the 'hub' is very recognizable.

Great use of arches on that question mark build :grin: Really such great detailing on all of the builds - anybody who has watched the trailer ten times in a row will know just what they're looking at, no problem.

Very nice build! The connection from the scenes to the hub-world was really well thought out, especially the interior of the Falcon. And the giant tropies really bring back the classic Lego game feel.

Great job--can congrats on the win too! :thumbup:

Wow Cecilie,You've outdone yourself this time. There are so many highlights but I especially love the mini version of the fallen AT-AT and the Falcon hub leading to different 'worlds' is genius. I also love Poe's X-wing, you've captured all the necessary detail and color scheme perfectly and I'm betting there are no issues with that cockpit canopy ; ) Good luck with the final but just quietly I don't think you'll need it.

Edited by Markalus

This is outstanding! :laugh: Maybe if you wanna add another one it could be the part where the Falcon is flying into/inside the broken Star Destroyer.

It's a shame you didn't include the actual figures, though.

Thank you everyone for all the nice words :sweet:

Amazing how much you get from so little!

There's actually quite a lot of parts in there :laugh:

Crossguard lightsaber design is genius!

Thanks! It's only 3 parts, pretty happy with that :sweet:

Wow, this is spectacular! Superb job making Episode 7 details without any Episode 7 sets as well! Everything in the 'hub' is very recognizable.

Great use of arches on that question mark build :grin: Really such great detailing on all of the builds - anybody who has watched the trailer ten times in a row will know just what they're looking at, no problem.

Ah yes, the question mark is totally my proudest moment :grin:

Very nice build! The connection from the scenes to the hub-world was really well thought out, especially the interior of the Falcon. And the giant tropies really bring back the classic Lego game feel.

Great job--can congrats on the win too! :thumbup:

Thank you! I never thought I would get this far in a SW contest, or even win!

Wow Cecilie,You've outdone yourself this time. There are so many highlights but I especially love the mini version of the fallen AT-AT and the Falcon hub leading to different 'worlds' is genius. I also love Poe's X-wing, you've captured all the necessary detail and color scheme perfectly and I'm betting there are no issues with that cockpit canopy ; ) Good luck with the final but just quietly I don't think you'll need it.

I always try to outdo myself :wink:

This is outstanding! :laugh: Maybe if you wanna add another one it could be the part where the Falcon is flying into/inside the broken Star Destroyer.

It's a shame you didn't include the actual figures, though.

The Falcon flying into the broken Star Destroyer was on my ideas list, but I scrapped it in favour of the other two desert scenes. Not sure if I'll continue with any of these.

As for the actual figures, they became available two days before the contest deadline, so I wasn't going to rush out to buy all the sets just to get those figs.