Sign in to follow this  
Lord Tulkas

(MOC) Renegade's Fortress

Hi everyone! This is the first time i share a creation here. I'm amazed with the things i'd seen in the forum and i wanted to say only one or two things; my MOC has been created with pieces from my childhood legos (80's/90's and some early 2000's), that's why there is only a few diferents colors and "rare" pieces (i barely own a few "flat" pieces, for example). Also, i don't have neither the skill or the knowledge you have in builds techniques (but i'm trying to learn).

So, here it is, and thanks to all of you!

This is Lord Tulkas's Renegade's Fortress, a fortress build over the mountain. People here lives quietly but are always alert and with a hand on their swords.

20585456883_415491eabc_c.jpgRenegade's Fortress by Lord Tulkas, en Flickr

21019785629_f95741cff9_c.jpgRenegade's Fortress by Lord Tulkas, en Flickr

21214522671_78577a197b_c.jpgRenegade's Fortress by Lord Tulkas, en Flickr

20585509943_eeb1532d7b_c.jpgRenegade's Fortress by Lord Tulkas, en Flickr

21180397586_60a48f8608_c.jpgRenegade's Fortress by Lord Tulkas, en Flickr

20585622243_e53001d6ec_c.jpgRenegade's Fortress by Lord Tulkas, en Flickr

20585581583_d7e741bb9c_c.jpgRenegade's Fortress by Lord Tulkas, en Flickr

21206565795_b984baac6b_c.jpgRenegade's Fortress by Lord Tulkas, en Flickr

21206774145_a9a981577b_c.jpgRenegade's Fortress by Lord Tulkas, en Flickr

21196432272_fea6e1aabb_c.jpgRenegade's Fortress by Lord Tulkas, en Flickr

21180550066_741f8c1eaa_c.jpgRenegade's Fortress by Lord Tulkas, en Flickr

21020015229_cee1a13959_c.jpgRenegade's Fortress by Lord Tulkas, en Flickr

21206852915_3afc8344e9_c.jpgRenegade's Fortress by Lord Tulkas, en Flickr

This is fab! I too started back to lego with only old bits. I found the best way to get newer ones was to buy sets 'without figures' with some interesting parts (I think I got four 'council of Elrond' pretty cheap which gave me quite a lot of parts I've used in most of my builds. Your creation however is super with the parts you have - some great details and a sense of narrative going on.

If you want to improve I'd recommend the Doctorate of Petrea program in Guilds of Historica. (see link in 'new members thread there). I found its helped me focus o improving a little at a time and small builds done well rust fine. My difficulty is trying to build as big a possible and stretching my parts collection too far.

:thumbup::sweet:

Keep up the good work - look forward to seeing more from you :)

Very nice, I especially like the fish preparation going on, wish I had a few of those ornamental fish myself :-) Good build and welcome to EB :-)

Thanks you all for the comments! Now i'm feel encouraged to keep trying and building! What frustrate me is the lack of tile parts (i love the "old style" looks, but what i'd have seen here blows my mind) so i'm trying to master the buildings techniques that allows you to make flat floors with regular pieces... I will keep reading and trying to improve. Thanks all again! :sweet:

Wonderful wolfpack build! The fortress incorporated into the cliff looks great :thumbup: Lots of good details included too, with the men scaling fish, and stockpiled weapons and supplies inside :classic:

Cool!

Thanks!

Wonderful wolfpack build! The fortress incorporated into the cliff looks great :thumbup: Lots of good details included too, with the men scaling fish, and stockpiled weapons and supplies inside :classic:

Thanks! The first version i make didn't have the interior room... I spend all my black bricks but it worth it. I'm thinking of doing more of the interior down the mountain but i will need to destroy this moc :cry_sad:

Excellent work! The rockwork is very nice and I love the interior :thumbup:

Fantastic build!

Thanks guys! I know is a pretty basic build, but yours comments encouraged me to keep trying! Thanks!

Awesome build! Seems like Wolfpack decided to team up with Forestmen to steal every bit of gold in the whole kingdom. :grin: Or are they simply using what they looted off of the Forestmen they killed? :devil: Also, the skeleton hidden in the LURP is a great touch, it has a nice old style castle set feeling to it. Great job!

You show us that less bricks doesn't mean less quaulity in your MOCs. Great job!

Edit: welcome on the forum

Edited by TitusV

Awesome build! Seems like Wolfpack decided to team up with Forestmen to steal every bit of gold in the whole kingdom. :grin: Or are they simply using what they looted off of the Forestmen they killed? :devil: Also, the skeleton hidden in the LURP is a great touch, it has a nice old style castle set feeling to it. Great job!

Haha i think they decided to team up; that way is easier to fight the law and the regular armys! :laugh: Thanks for the comment, old style castle is the only style i know! haha

You show us that less bricks doesn't mean less quaulity in your MOCs. Great job!

Edit: welcome on the forum

Thanks Titus! Is more an obligation than an election, but i'm glad you liked!

I like the playability of this build very much. Another one of those lego set type builds from way back when is the vibe I get here.

This looks fantastic, especially considering that you're working with your old parts. It's much better than I could have made with the bricks I had when I got back into LEGO.

I love Wolfpack and Forestmen, and this suits both really well. The guys preparing the fish are my favorite part.

I like the playability of this build very much. Another one of those lego set type builds from way back when is the vibe I get here.

I love this. Love the open back! Great castle, good work!

This looks fantastic, especially considering that you're working with your old parts. It's much better than I could have made with the bricks I had when I got back into LEGO.

I love Wolfpack and Forestmen, and this suits both really well. The guys preparing the fish are my favorite part.

Thanks guys! I really enjoy building it! Of course is not a mind blowing castle, but i'm glad you like it!