Sign in to follow this  
Dannylonglegs

Blacktron Mafia: Day 2, Space Oddity

20042413944_51e05aa50c_z.jpg

Blacktron Mafia: Day 2

Players only, please. Comments on how great JJP is at editing belong in the discussion feed.

Night 1

21015862369_a00e94dfba_z.jpg

Not everyone went directly to their bunks, as instructed by the Colonel... Some passed go... Some collected $200....

21014562740_d2ed0faf23_z.jpg

A Dark figure slept in their dark pink bunk...

21176406796_ba356bcee4_z.jpg

Expository light revealed that dark character to be dark Seamus! ...making the light equivalent, Seamus Aaron (Hinckley)...

The nefarious figure crept up towards the sleeping bounty hunter, and....

20579963714_3e1181a42b_z.jpg

Stripped the man to his bright red skivvies!

Later that night, Ender Gaiman (Jluck) was sleeping skivviless....

21015832899_e8a8dbd693_z.jpg

Unfortunately for the sleeper, his visitor was not as benevolent as the first...

Leaping to alertness, as his military training prepared him to do, Ender stood upon his bunk and eyed his assailant down, delivering the astutest lessons in ancient military strategy, taunt-form at the attacker...

21014724548_d750af014f_z.jpg

Ender: "It's over, Night killer! I have the high-ground!"

21192289512_007d879df8_z.jpg

The assailant blasted Ender in the head, killing him.

"So Uncivilized." They retorted. Ender Gaiman (Jluck) had seen his endgame.

Later still, Clark Kubrick (ChromeKnight) followed a noise he heard into the Meeting room...

20581505923_6cdd8f3678_z.jpg

There it was! The source of the noise! A towering pitch black monolith!

21014703638_6051044140_z.jpg

Clark gazed upon its blackness, his mind swelling with cosmic understanding, every atom of his body electrified and rejuvenated by its incomprehensible alien might!

21210511051_cf8751b898_z.jpg

And then it crushed him to death.

"My god." The killing figure stated. "It's so full of blood."

Much, much later, other dark figures prepared to engage in dark deeds...

20581452183_b149bafb4a_z.jpg

The figure seized one ripe fruit after another, and chopped them to bits in a frenzy of malevolent energy! The madness climaxed with the dark figure luring over a sinister porcelain bowl of chopped fruit, with possibly syrup on top. Maybe no syrup. It's up to the viewer to determine that.

Regardless! Said figure made their way to their target's domicile, fruit salad in hand, when out of the blue, a slightly less mysterious figure stepped into their path.

21210465531_4cc2742a0b_z.jpg

Slightly Less Mysterious Figure: "Wow. It gets real dark in here at night. Ha! Very conducive to sneaking and murder and such, amiright?

The Mysterious Figure nodded in agreement.

Slightly Less Mysterious Figure: "Alright, so down to brass tacks, I'm not sure I should allow this action. It's pretty late. Too late, infact."

The Mysterious Figure countered: "Well, this isn't really a night action, is it? It's more of a suggestion as to what you should put in the Day thread opening, or something?"

The Slightly Less Mysterious Figure contemplated for a moment.

"Yeah sure, what the Hel. You amuse me! Carry on."

The Mysterious Figure indeed carried on...

and Clementine Lister (Lind Whisperer) Woke up soaked in sticky fruit bits! (Including... nectarines!)

21192216432_5dec219bf2_z.jpg

As the Night turned to Day, the morning bell rang.

21038539472_bd1e48a405_z.jpg

And the facility members... now fewer than before... shuffled in.

Harriet ran over to the remains of her bed-buddy, Clark!

21015790119_4461394069_z.jpg

"No!" She cried "He was a great lay!"

The others, seemingly undisturbed by the violent deaths of two of their own, returned to their seats... or wherever.

21176341696_bb522556ab_z.jpg

With the crowd mostly assembled, the hosts informed the gathered of the night's activities.

21014667038_f11fd46808_z.jpg

Danny: "OK, so first off, you are all extraordinary individuals. Truly wonderful sentient meat-puppets. Good job on living!....

Second off you failed to get a Blacktron agent. Doctor Wen (Xenophobic Monoxide) was Loyal to the Federation, Ender Gaiman (Jluck) was Loyal to the Federation, and finally, Clark Kubrick (ChromeKnight) was Loyal to the Federation. So... Good job, Blacktron."

Someone: "Wait! How do you know their allegiance if you didn't interrogate them?"

Danny: "I have my ways."

Someone: "Is no one going to point out how sketchy that sounds? Also, where's Doctor Wen, if Wen's loyal?!"

Danny: "Oh, yeah, I killed the Doctor."

Someone: "What!? You said you were going to interrogate the Doctor! Not kill the Doctor!"

Danny: "I lied. I found out Wen was loyal only after I killed the Doctor. It's a magic plot device thingy. Doctor Wen'd explain it to you, but Wen's dead. OK, no more valid and reasonable questions. You have 24 hours till your next votes! Make 'em count!"

Colonel Jack Jones: "Those were really reasonable questions... Why are we following your directions?:

Danny: "Because we must. Because we must."

Later....

21204318345_7f606d6c8f_z.jpg

"Oi, you wanker! What the Loki-worshiper are you doing in my power-suit!?"

Introducing Zero suit Seamus!

Host note: "Self-assigned comical "night-actions" have been ruled as not actions at all in any practical sense. And can be performed by anyone. Don't all go crazy."

Non-Player Characters (2):

20851129139_6e3725fc94_t.jpg Colonel JackJones (JackJonespaw) Co-Host

21027895582_d47378b90e_t.jpg Danny Longlegs (Dannylonglegs) Host

Player Characters (16)

21027842192_edb16e6fa1_t.jpg 4 of 2 (Mostlytechnic)

20415145844_8041d1b965_t.jpg Bock Pathos (Bob)

21027868232_b5717eebda_t.jpg Claw (Lazychicken)

20849703710_93824bae42_t.jpg Clementine Lister (Lind Whisperer)

21037824615_8b8d3e299a_t.jpg Diamond Dodd (CallmePies)

20416799743_963e9ef273_t.jpg Hannah Ford (Ranger of the Forest)

20851061939_f974e11a2e_t.jpg Harriet Stomper (Mediumsnowman)

20415231454_0e0b208942_t.jpg Laura Starbucks (Tariq)

20849777740_9c0b60f83c_t.jpg Major Dave (Fhomess)

20849787620_8c1937cd23_t.jpg Minga Gorgon (Dragonfire)

20416847023_7e3c9c98e5_t.jpg Nathan 'Maurice' Mallard (TinyPiesRUs)

21027987862_610964ec15_t.jpg Paul Harkonnenn (Piratedave84)

21037749475_8857d74678_t.jpg 'Rip' Sewer (Captain Nemo)

20416699973_437509b638_t.jpg Seamus Aaron (Hinckley)

21027827792_068bd3051d_t.jpg Vasquez Rodriguez (Lady K)

21027834742_a1d1bf86f1_t.jpg Zipzop Beetlejuice (Sir Stig)

The Deceased Characters (3)

20849732350_18fde81673_t.jpg Doctor Wen (Xenophobic Monoxide) (Lynched Day 1) Loyal to the Federation

20849685300_aaf7aa1997_t.jpg Clark Kubrick (Chromeknight) (Killed Night 1) Loyal to the Federation

21045470021_b1654796ac_t.jpg Ender Gaiman (Jluck) (Killed Night 1) Loyal to the Federation

RULES!

1. Each player will be given a character to play, who will be aligned with either the Federation (Town) or Blacktron (Mafia). To win the game, the Town must kill off all the Mafia, while the Mafia needs to outnumber the Town. Third-Party (neutral) characters have their own win conditions as outlined in their roles.

2. Each day you will be able to vote to lynch a player. Voting should be done in the following format; Vote: Character (Player). Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format; Unvote: Character (Player). No other format will be accepted. A majority vote is required to lynch a player. Voting is compulsory. Every player must have a vote placed by the end of the day. Those who do not follow this rule will be subject to 5 penalty votes.

3. A game day on LI-420 will last a maximum of 72 hours. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. The day may end early should a unanimous vote be reached. After the day has concluded, a night stage will commence, which will last a maximum of 48 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host in the first 24 hours of the night stage.

4. The alignment of lynched players, as well as those that died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the next day.

5. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to you by the game host via PM. This includes all the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage.

6. Do not play the game outside the thread. Similarly, do not post out of character inside the thread. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.

7. If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players. Any information you had becomes void, and may not be passed on.

8. You may not edit your posts.

9. You must post in every day thread.

10. If you encounter a problem or have a question, please contact the host via PM.

11. Violation of the above rules will result in a 5 vote penalty against you on your first offence, and the death of your character on your second offence.

12. There are no clues in the pictures. I will not intervene should someone suggest there are clues in the pictures, because there are none. There are not clues in the character flavor text. I wrote that stuff before I even decided on alignments and roles. No punishment will be doled out to violators of this rule, but I expect violators to be heavily harassed by other, rule-abiding players.

13. Grab your towel and don't panic.

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by Dannylonglegs

Second off you failed to get a Blacktron agent. Doctor Wen (Xenophobic Monoxide) was Loyal to the Federation

I was afraid of that. :hmpf_bad: He was too easy a lynch to have been newbie scum.

Well, at least your typical newbie scum.

The real question of the moment, is which one of you gentlemen covered my clothes and face in sticky...fruit bits? :hmpf_bad:

No! My darling Clark! :cry2: I will find who did this and avenge you! :damn:

On a more serious note, sucks that Xen flipped town. He was acting really weird yesterday. :sceptic:

Usually in a game like this there are 3 killing roles (Factional scum, SK, and vig) So... Did somebody get blocked? Did they choose to not kill? What's going on? :wacko:

No! My darling Clark! :cry2: I will find who did this and avenge you! :damn:

On a more serious note, sucks that Xen flipped town. He was acting really weird yesterday. :sceptic:

In retrospect, if he had been scum, they'd have prompted him to propose at least some sort of defense...

The whole "personal life" bit might have countered-acted that, though, so...Yeah, definition of WIFOM, right there.

Usually in a game like this there are 3 killing roles (Factional scum, SK, and vig) So... Did somebody get blocked? Did they choose to not kill? What's going on? :wacko:

I'm guessing it was either a not-kill, or a convert action by the scum. It could have been blocking, but I doubt that. There are just too few good targets for it to have been a block - and I didn't have a night action.

The only other person who might draw a "block" action would be Hinckley, just because, well, Hinckley - and I doubt, in the case he's part of a scum team, they'd have given him a kill action, so it probably wasn't a block.

3 townies down?! :wacko:

Doctor Wen was town as I'm pretty sure everyone was expecting.

Clark and Ender were also townies.

Two kills... Possibly a town kill and a scum kill? It might also be a neautral kill as in one of my past lives.

I'm curious to why they killed Ender, I'm pretty sure he was suspicious of Minga, maybe Minga had something to do with this?

The only other person who might draw a "block" action would be Hinckley, just because, well, Hinckley - and I doubt, in the case he's part of a scum team, they'd have given him a kill action, so it probably wasn't a block.

Maybe someone was going to kill Seamus but they got blocked or Seamus got protected.

By the way, whose Hink? Sounds like a cool guy... :wacko:

3 townies down?! :wacko:

Not everyone, if I remember right, there were at least several comments back in Day One from people who were moderately sure he was scum...
Clark and Ender were also townies.
Yep. Also, space is black, stars are bright, and obvious statements are obvious.
Two kills... Possibly a town kill and a scum kill? It might also be a neautral kill as in one of my past lives.

You mean a SK - serial killer. It has different names, but that's the traditional one for it.
I'm curious to why they killed Ender, I'm pretty sure he was suspicious of Minga, maybe Minga had something to do with this?

I'll let someone else go into the WIFOM on that - I'm here, because, well, Day Two, but I also have to work on other stuff at the same time, so I'm only able to do so much thinking... :sceptic:

Don't forget the other possibilities - one of the dead could be the vig, or the vig or SK chose not to kill last night. So blocker, don't assume that whoever you blocked was a killer.

As for the rest... Not at all surprised to see Wen flip town. didn't have much of a read on the other two. And for some wild speculation - either could have been a good scum kill. Clark's shown some serious skills lately, and Gaiman's always been good at these hunts. Both were quiet enough yesterday that the scum would have felt safe going after them (not likely people to have trackers/watchers/whatever on). But if I had to put my money, I'd say Gaiman was the scum victim and Clark was the SK or vig's kill due to being so quiet yesterday.

dang, all sorts of you got in on the same ideas while I was typing too slowly. Gotta get my voice-transcriber fixed one of these days, my cyborg fingers are too slow apparently.

Don't forget the other possibilities - one of the dead could be the vig, or the vig or SK chose not to kill last night.

If one of the dead was the vig they still could have killed last night, correct? I'm pretty sure killing doesn't block their action. :look: Sorry if it's a noob question... while I am a noob. :laugh:

Don't forget the other possibilities - one of the dead could be the vig

I'd rather not go into how I know for a bit longer, but we didn't kill the vig last night. He's still alive. Who he is, I have no idea. But he's alive.

Also, I'll probably need a protection action tonight for having shared that, but I didn't want us to go off track... :sceptic:

As for the rest... Not at all surprised to see Wen flip town. didn't have much of a read on the other two. And for some wild speculation - either could have been a good scum kill. Clark's shown some serious skills lately, and Gaiman's always been good at these hunts. Both were quiet enough yesterday that the scum would have felt safe going after them (not likely people to have trackers/watchers/whatever on). But if I had to put my money, I'd say Gaiman was the scum victim and Clark was the SK or vig's kill due to being so quiet yesterday.

Seconded.

250px-Zero_Suit_Samus_SSB4.png

That appears to be someone's real action or a side effect thereof as I was told by the captain that this would happen... :look: Whoa, what a bawbag, mates.

I'm wearing Claw's clothes, right? Claw, were you told anything about this?

I'm starting to hanker you have a big ol boaby for me, mate. It's creepy. :look: Why are you so focused on me? Have you been stripping me to skivvies lately, eh?

I'd rather not go into how I know for a bit longer, but we didn't kill the vig last night. He's still alive. Who he is, I have no idea. But he's alive.

:look: WTF, mate? What are you saying? You're bonkers or you're trying to kill the vig, no? :wacko: You act pretty dafty up to now, dude, like whoa....

If one of the dead was the vig they still could have killed last night, correct? I'm pretty sure killing doesn't block their action. :look: Sorry if it's a noob question... while I am a noob. :laugh:

Kill is not a block, correct.

I hope the people who voted for him weren't expecting him to flip Town. :hmpf:

I'm starting to hanker you have a big ol boaby for me, mate. It's creepy. :look: Why are you so focused on me? Have you been stripping me to skivvies lately, eh?

If I was stripping someone, it'd be one of the la-*CREEP ALERT* *CREEP ALERT* *CREEP ALERT*

-Anyways, nope. I'm just trying to calculate who's likely to be doing what, based on previous games, and the possibilities of what people in variarious positions and affiliations might do. If you were scum, you wouldn't be making the kill, since you would know that you were the player most likely to have the Watcher - if there is a Watcher - watching you, and they would know if you targeted someone.

I'm assuming then, that it wasn't a blocked kill, because I'm not Scum, and there aren't any "higher-visibility" targets to target with a block action, and picking a block target out of the other player selection would almost certainly fail on blocking Scum just based on percentages.

I (and the vig, to some extent, now) are the only people that know I'm not scum. If I had been targeted by a block action, it would have been useless, and scum would have killed last night. Scum wouldn't try and kill Hinckley, because he'd almost certainly be protected Night One, until he could be investigated. Ergo, it was either a no-kill by vig or scum, or a convert.

-Anyways, nope. I'm just trying to calculate who's likely to be doing what, based on previous games, and the possibilities of what people in variarious positions and affiliations might do. If you were scum, you wouldn't be making the kill, since you would know that you were the player most likely to have the Watcher - if there is a Watcher - watching you, and they would know if you targeted someone.

A watcher would see who targeted me.

Going over Ender's posts from yesterday...

Quick to agree with the strong.

*ping*

Just so you all know, my name is pronounced "guy-man" not "gay-man".

I'm not gay.

Accuses Minga of being quick to agree with the strong (Seamus).

Minga is unsure what Ender means by this. Could Ender please clarify?

Minga isn't sure what he means.

Scum like to hide behind the accusations of others.

He replies saying that Minga is basically agreeing with what Seamus says. This could mean that Minga is agreeing with Seamus so she can appear as a townie.

So Ender is suggesting that Minga is scum because Minga agreed with Seamus? Minga agrees that that is a common scum tactic, but Minga would like to point out that if nobody agreed with anyone else, there would never be any lynches at all! Ender seems to be suggesting that every vote on a bandwagon except the first vote is scummy because they're "hiding behind the accusation of person 1" It is interesting that Ender singles out Minga from the list of people who have agreed with others' suspicions...

This is true but agreeing isn't always the best tactic, adding on to the accusstions makes the town stronger. Agreeing with others all the time may get you lynched... This is based off of one of my previous lives. :sceptic:

Clearly, I don't think there is never a good reason to agree with someone. I'm primarily suspicious when someone quickly agrees with a powerful player on day 1, when the one players that know who is town and who is scum is...well the scum. It's a suspicion that I've seen play out in the past, scum are too quick to agree with town players in an attempt to "buddy up".

Also, attempting to deflect suspicion onto someone just because they have commented about you.

*ping*

This is true as well. In another previous live I had as a scum, a tactic I was told to use was to buddy up with a townie to make myself look townier. Minga could've been doing this and buddying up with Seamus to look townier.

:look: WTF, mate? What are you saying? You're bonkers or

That's one assumption. :laugh::thumbup:
you're trying to kill the vig, no?
Assuming I was scum, how would I know, day 1, who the vig was? That makes no sense. :hmpf_bad: If I was scum, all I would know was whether the kill failed or succeeded - not alignment.

I'm saying, I'm the backup. If one of the top PRs is killed, I inherit their ability. I inherited nothing last night. Ergo, the vig is alive and breathing.

Think of me as sort of a town gauge.

And I was serious about that protection.

A watcher would see who targeted me.

And I get Watcher and Tracker mixed up. :facepalm:

Still, though, Tracker's not that uncommon a role. If we had one, they likely targeted you. And Scum would be aware of that, so point still sort of stands. Sort of.

I (and the vig, to some extent, now) are the only people that know I'm not scum. If I had been targeted by a block action, it would have been useless, and scum would have killed last night. Scum wouldn't try and kill Hinckley, because he'd almost certainly be protected Night One, until he could be investigated. Ergo, it was either a no-kill by vig or scum, or a convert.

How would the vig know you're not Scum, exactly? Why are you trying to write off the possibility of me as the Scum killer? What if I was and was blocked last night? You don't know that didn't happen...unless you do. *huh* Where is your speculation coming from and why does so much of it revolve around me? :wacko: Something about you today is really really weird. Weirder than yesterday even. Cummoan, explain all your weird proclamations so far today.

And let's fill in some of the random gaps of your logic: the vig could've stayed home, there could be no serial killer, the serial killer or Scum or vig could've been blocked, any target could've been protected, someone could've missed the Night Action deadline.

So far your craik is about "We (very incriminating, mate) didn't kill the vig, the vig knows I'm not Scum, the kill couldn't be a block because only Samus would've been blocked." :wacko: Wacko bonkers dobber, mate.

I'm saying, I'm the backup. If one of the top PRs is killed, I inherit their ability. I inherited nothing last night. Ergo, the vig is alive and breathing.

Hmm... This is interesting. A quick search on the MafiaScum wiki has educated me on this role. :wink: I have to ask, are you an Universal Backup or just a Backup Vig?

I'll second his request. Doctor, please do protect Lind tonight.

Think of me as sort of a town gauge.

And I was serious about that protection.

Ay, you bloody dowp, why are you claiming?? You want the protector to target someone who may get an Action later? :wall: Public claiming is risky business. Can you tell us what was going on in tha' nut a' yours?

How would the vig know you're not Scum, exactly? Why are you trying to write off the possibility of me as the Scum killer? What if I was and was blocked last night? You don't know that didn't happen...unless you do. *huh* Where is your speculation coming from and why does so much of it revolve around me? :wacko: Something about you today is really really weird. Weirder than yesterday even.

Cummoan, explain all your weird proclamations so far today.

I have explained it, I'm the back-up.

If one of the top PRs dies, I inherit their ability. I inherit their ability. Vig is one of those. I inherited nothing, ergo the vig is alive. The vig doesn't entirely know I'm not scum, however they - and the other PRs know - that I am correct that they didn't die. It's not a full measure of trust, but Scum wouldn't know roles. My role as a back-up makes me a barometer. I know when PRs die. No PRs died. And at this stage, no one else could possibly know that.

And let's fill in some of the random gaps of your logic: the vig could've stayed home
Check my first post, I did suggest it could be a no-kill.
there could be no serial killer,
Unlikely, but possible.
the serial killer or Scum or vig could've been blocked,
Possible, but unlikely, unless you are the scum killer - no one else really stood out enough otherwise to target with a block.
any target could've been protected
Too many people. Possibly, but unlikely. Unless we have a dumb SK or Scum-killer, that tried to target you, and you were protected.
someone could've missed the Night Action deadline.
A definite possibility.

Hmm... This is interesting. A quick search on the MafiaScum wiki has educated me on this role. :wink: I have to ask, are you an Universal Backup or just a Backup Vig?

I'm going to categorize it as "Near-Universal," since I don't have a fancy name for it. I inherit more PRs than the Vig, but not all PRs.

Ay, you bloody dowp, why are you claiming?? You want the protector to target someone who may get an Action later? :wall: Public claiming is risky business. Can you tell us what was going on in tha' nut a' yours?

Because this way, I can serve as a town barometer. I know what PRs are alive and well, and the town doesn't have to worry about what roles are alive and dead, because I can tell who's alive and dead, saving the town headaches and worry. And if a PR does die, I absorb the role and we don't loose it.

I have explained it, I'm the back-up.

If one of the top PRs dies, I inherit their ability. I inherit their ability. Vig is one of those. I inherited nothing, ergo the vig is alive. The vig doesn't entirely know I'm not scum, however they - and the other PRs know - that I am correct that they didn't die. It's not a full measure of trust, but Scum wouldn't know roles. My role as a back-up makes me a barometer. I know when PRs die. No PRs died. And at this stage, no one else could possibly know that.

Whoa, dude, like you smoked your weed before you rolled your joint, ya know, mate? You're a barometer for exactly one PR, the first to die, assuming yoar telling the truth. I have to disagree with the way you've handled your role. Were you planning on announcing to us all, including the Scum and a possible SK when you inherit a role and which one it is? Is the protector supposed to target you for the rest of the game, allowing other PRs to die, dafty? Eh?

Because this way, I can serve as a town barometer. I know what PRs are alive and well, and the town doesn't have to worry about what roles are alive and dead, because I can tell who's alive and dead, saving the town headaches and worry. And if a PR does die, I absorb the role and we don't loose it.

Hm. Still thinking it's risky for you to have claimed (definitely put a target on yourself) but yes, the info is useful to us. And it's a bit useful to the scum, in that they know they didn't kill anything that great last night. But after all the craziness that this ancient civilization known as Ragnarok went through because they didn't know their vig was dead, I'd agree it's good for us to know.

I'm suspecting you didn't start today intending to claim, but you (perhaps hastily) made the early statement that the vig was still alive and then had to dig your way out of that.

Oh, and it's "lose it" - unless it's a tooth in which case it's loose before you lose it :grin:

Whoa, dude, like you smoked your weed before you rolled your joint, ya know, mate? You're a barometer for exactly one PR, the first to die, assuming yoar telling the truth.

A barometer that only the town block knows the result of.
I have to disagree with the way you've handled your role.
And the way you post gives me a head-ache.
Were you planning on announcing to us all, including the Scum and a possible SK when you inherit a role and which one it is?
No, only the town block. Announcing to everyone would be stupid. :hmpf_bad:
Is the protector supposed to target you for the rest of the game, allowing other PRs to die, dafty? Eh?

Yes, because I'm drawing scum-focus by doing this. They have no idea who's dead or not, but the town-block does. And, unless one of the PRs dies by mistake, the town-block doesn't have to wonder if a certain Norse cycle happened again. And if I do absorb a role, well, I've absorbed a role. As in, the sort of thing a town-block needs to have as part of it. Kind of a win-win.

Hm. Still thinking it's risky for you to have claimed (definitely put a target on yourself) but yes, the info is useful to us. And it's a bit useful to the scum, in that they know they didn't kill anything that great last night.

True, but it was a necessary sacrifice.
But after all the craziness that this ancient civilization known as Ragnarok went through because they didn't know their vig was dead, I'd agree it's good for us to know.
That's the idea.
I'm suspecting you didn't start today intending to claim, but you (perhaps hastily) made the early statement that the vig was still alive and then had to dig your way out of that.
No, I'd been intending to claim at some point today, but then Hinckley started hammering and I thought, "Well, might as well reveal now as later."

True, but it was a necessary sacrifice.

It was necessary in that I had no one to claim to yet that I could trust, and if the idea was to work, it needed to be sooner rather than later.

A barometer that only the town block knows the result of.

So, everyone should be claiming to you, eh?

Isn't this what you flipped out about yesterday? Who's the Godfather now, eh?

I'm about to hit the sack, so maybe my logic is a little slow right now, but what's the benefit to having claimed in public, Clementine? :wacko: