Sign in to follow this  
SpacerSteve

[M-A08] Robot Recon

Tags: Ground Vehicle, Exploration

-Explorer SpacerSteve is scouting the surface of Crentium in search of suitable locations for future MANTIS operations.

-21013739659_12c5321298_c.jpg

-There appears to be a large quantity of water below the rocky surface. The water seeps through the cracks seasonally. This location will be suitable for resource mining

-21012357370_fcfab6d58c_c.jpg

-The beacon is in place. I had better recall the recon robot and head back to camp.

-21013626869_e85275e704_c.jpg

-21013592989_0f88a6e4ed_c.jpg

-21200481305_274c6e96e9_c.jpg

-20579288783_d9ce9e998d_c.jpg

-20577708824_78941e10ba_c.jpg

-Connecting to the robot's neural interface. I'll drive us back.

- 21013603639_51262fb095_c.jpg

-This rock has different characteristics than the surrounding terrain. I'll take it back to camp. for further study Time for food. Hope they are serving "laser beans" for dinner tonight.

-21012618388_4dd6620859_c.jpg

-21012500798_5cb1b9b7e5_c.jpg

Some more pics of the build.

-21200398375_2b716a6d95_c.jpg

-21012429300_9af20353df_c.jpg

-21012435330_30006b7450_c.jpg

Thanks for looking C&C is welcome. I'm always trying to build better so suggestions are always welcome.

Edited by SpacerSteve

Great work! That robot looks pretty cool, and nice job on the landscape! Hmm I'm going to have to try some of those laser beans haha

The wheels and suspension are nice, as is the overall look of the robot, and the SNOT landscape is super. Great MOC! :sweet:

Very nice vehicle! The SNOT rockwork is great as well. On thing that I think could have been improved is the border - it would probably look a good deal better if there weren't so many studs exposed. But great work on the rest of it!

Spyrius! :wub:

I prefere the larger 6949 robot (and you showed it too) but your version of the smal one 6889 is realy good. (Still have my 6949 on my desk)

(When I checked the number I saw the smale one is called robot recon, as the title. Nice)

Great work! That robot looks pretty cool, and nice job on the landscape! Hmm I'm going to have to try some of those laser beans haha

Thanks. "Laser beans" is what I get for using my cell phone to comment on builds.

Nice snot rocks. I like the suspension. Very cool!

The wheels and suspension are nice, as is the overall look of the robot, and the SNOT landscape is super. Great MOC! :sweet:

Nice! Love the idea of tracks with suspension. Don't worry, Octan didn't break your tracks either. :innocent::laugh:

Thanks. I really liked how the wheels turned out. The suspension is my favorite part.

I'll keep my eye on you mediumsnowman. I took apart my drillex diamond job for my build this week too. :grin:

Very nice vehicle! The SNOT rockwork is great as well. On thing that I think could have been improved is the border - it would probably look a good deal better if there weren't so many studs exposed. But great work on the rest of it!

Cool thanks for the input. I probably could have found enough tiles to cover it up.

Spyrius! :wub:

I prefere the larger 6949 robot (and you showed it too) but your version of the smal one 6889 is realy good. (Still have my 6949 on my desk)

(When I checked the number I saw the smale one is called robot recon, as the title. Nice)

Thanks! Glad to see love for Spyrius. The Robo guardian was a great set too. My favorite Lego set ever is the Saucer Centurion. My version of the Robot Recon was a bit larger then the original. I'm sure I'll come up with a few more builds including vehicles that MANTIS has purchased from the Spyrius surplus store.

Edited by SpacerSteve

I love the throwbacks to classic sets that you have every week, even down to the Spyrius control panels. :drool:

Great robot, and I also like the cracked surface of the rocks.

Oh, and I think laser beans just became a thing. Maybe Sal can do more food experiments, since enhanced larvae are officially off the menu? :laugh:

Sorry to necro post, but I stumbled across this and just had to give you my compliments... and I wish I'd known about this sort of thing when I started writing about Spyrius! :pir-tongue: Oh, well.