Hello everyone!

My new creation is a big scale Baja Truck. For the first time, I used two SBricks for better control.

Weight is 1920g. It is almost the same as gsia17's awesome Trophy Truck.

Since I do not have RC buggy motor, I had to build it using PF motors.

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

Honestly body color is not the best. I just have many red #3 connectors and wanted to use white 19L softaxles. I think it is easier to build it in all white. And using stickers will make it look better. (Though that's not my way:)

800x450.jpg

This Truck is powered by two 8878 rechargeable battery boxes, and propelled by four L motors geared 1:1. Two for each side of rear wheel. Left side of drivetrain is connected to fake V8 engine. Steered by Servo motor, which is connected to steering wheel. Two pairs of LEDs are put behind the front lights. Adding more LED for roof light bar is possible.

I tried to make suspension movement like real Trophy Truck. Front module including independent suspension is connected to main chassis at positive caster angle. Rear suspension is solid axle with long trailing arms. Front suspension travel is about 5 studs long, and rear is 7 studs.

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

It was challenging to achieve proper driving speed on bumpy ground using PF motors.

The result was not the best, but was acceptable to me. Sbricks did their job so well. :thumbup:

As expected, some parts in drivetrain got worn. Especially knob wheels. While I was shooting the video for two hours, they did not affected driving performance. So far they just made noise which is heard in the video. But someday they will certainly be damaged too much and need to exchange. :thumbdown:

EDIT: I have fixed the problem of knob wheels. Improved drivetrain doesn't damage any gears. :thumbup: :thumbup:

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

Building instructions and more pictures: https://photos.google.com/collections

Rebrickable: https://rebrickable....uck-with-sbrick

I hope you like it! :wink:

Edited by Madoca 1977

While the model(s) are really great looking I think you need some RC motors! Those will allow you much higher speeds! Also why did you put front springs so far from steering arm center? In my expereinces that causes a lot of friction in suspension system.

Edited by Zblj

The picture with the body taken off almost made me tear up... This is an amazing MOC in all aspects, great job!

Same feeling. That chassis is mindblowingly beautiful.

It's nice to see doing bigger scale models, I'm really waiting for a 1:9 (super)car from you.

Honestly body color is not the best. I just have many red #3 connectors and wanted to use white 19L softaxles.

I'll take some of them off your hands, if you're offering!

Another jaw-droppingly good MOC from you Madoca. The front is especially well-packaged, although I would ask the same question as Zblj about where the springs attach.

While the model(s) are really great looking I think you need some RC motors! Those will allow you much higher speeds! Also why did you put front springs so far from steering arm center? In my expereinces that causes a lot of friction in suspension system.

For recent years I have been searching the way to build fast model using L motors efficiently as possible. But... again my model showed clearly that PF motors could never be the replacement of buggy motors.

About front suspension, I made lower arm sturdy for not bending shock absorbers. So the shocks compress almost straightly with minimum friction.

Anyway, TLG should release new buggy motor for RC LEGO enthusiasts!

Beautiful bodywork and chassis (as usual)! :thumbup::sweet:

I think i need to build this...

The drivetrain problem seems to be causing headache not only for me, hehe. Time for new RC motors Lego!

Edited by agrof

The picture with the body taken off almost made me tear up

Me too :cry_happy: Its so beautiful I....I can't stop looking at it. :wub:

I just have many red #3 connectors

If you dont want them I'll take some of them :wink:

Wow! They have so much detail for something that performs so good. I'll jump on the new rc motors bandwagon. I also like the ascetics of the tube chassis picture.

v/r

Andy

This is the headshot for "Lego Technic Trophy truck" challenge. Can't imagine someone could build better MOC: chassis, rollcage, body and max performance using modern electric elements. Awesome! :sweet:

Madoca!

Outstanding job! I'm big fan of trophy trucks and your model is the best realistic model from all... Realistic chassis, suspension, body...

Perfect !!!

Yes... the model needs more powerful motors, but that's no problem because you have built something for "normal" AFOLs that have no RC motors... and if someone want, he can rebuild the model and use RC motors...

I would personally only change the headlights in front and on the roof with latest generation of LED headlights as it can be seen on latest Trophy trucks (thin stripes)...

I love it!

Max...

Edited by MaxSupercars

One word. GREAT! :)

Anyway, TLG should release new buggy motor for RC LEGO enthusiasts!

I'll accept also dedicated solution from "third party" producer.

Another masterpiece as always!

I was thinking to build something similar to this which uses 4 L motor for driving too, but never got the time nor skill :grin:

It's great to see how technic performs under such configuration and will definitely build it when you finish the instructions.

Edited by falconluan

Incredible build! I really like that the suspension is so realistic and very soft like real bajas.

Incredible job

-RailCo

Awesome build! I really like that this is an option for those who do not have buggy motors to have fast and at the same time big and cool model. :thumbup:

I like this model so much, i think this is one of your best builds!

Great and realistic driving video, i just love how the body tilted on the side when you were driving it in circles.

Two questions, as i did use knob gears so far only twice:

1. What would happen if you lubricate the knob gears? Would squiky noise gone, and maybe even prolonge their life?

2. Would you use regural bewel gears instead, now that you know that you are not pleased with knobs?

Two questions, as i did use knob gears so far only twice:

1. What would happen if you lubricate the knob gears? Would squiky noise gone, and maybe even prolonge their life?

2. Would you use regural bewel gears instead, now that you know that you are not pleased with knobs?

Early in the project I tested three versions of rear axle using,

A: 12t black double bevel gear

B: 12t + 20t tan single bevel gears layered

C: knob wheel

Only knob wheel version was survived. In max acceleration bevel gears disengaged immediately.

Though I haven't tested yet, lubricated knob wheels would possibly work better. But they might pick up sand and dust.

Actually building instructions of this MOC is already finished. Before sharing, I'm trying to fix the problem of knob wheels. Maybe I should build completely new rear axle. Then I will need to make instructions of it. :cry_sad:

A little more time please.