TERROR STRIKES IN THE HEART OF FINEST FURNITURE!

CAPTAIN COOKIE AND HIS CREW ROB AND PLUNDER!

20998461190_708d00e7b2_c.jpg

Just a few days after having spied out a fine wardrobe Captain Cookie returns with his crew to self-collect.

20998429650_63e22d01ec_c.jpg

20998411770_17434e612e_c.jpg

Scenes of devastation and horror!

20999770959_972296800a_c.jpg

The shop assistants flee in terror.

20999697849_66fe34b737_c.jpg

... and no mere mortal can resist where monkeys plunder!

20563845064_0b366c1287_c.jpg

More pictures to be found here.

C&C welcome - have a nice weekend!

(Ay! K-Arr is meant to be a joke - try to read aloud...)

Nice build with some good plundering :-) I particularly the burning of the the 4-poster, very evil...

I wanted to ask where the blue parrot come from? I want one! I tried to google it but just ended up back on a very old EB post which may or may not have answered my question... there were no pics...

Nice build with some good plundering :-) I particularly the burning of the the 4-poster, very evil...

I wanted to ask where the blue parrot come from? I want one! I tried to google it but just ended up back on a very old EB post which may or may not have answered my question... there were no pics...

The blue parrot was a dark gray parrot which I have painted myself.

It is, of course, the famous "Norwegian Blue".

Fun build, great job!

Thanks!

Haha, nice one :-) shame its not included in any lego sets (yet! maybe they'll be inspired and make one) I would have bought a few!

Great entry with great humor! The shop looks much more finished than the last build you had it in, and I think I'll have to check back here once in a while for inspiration when I need to build some furniture.

Ha, I wouldn't want to be working there. Someone must have said to the female pirate, "Hey baby, let's, you and I, make some fire in bed. :laugh:

From the PVT rules:

May I mutilate and brutalize the actual Lego bricks in my creation by cutting, gluing, painting them?

pirate_cry4.gif

Physical modification of Lego pieces is not allowed.

Aha! Those scurvy dogs are showing their real colors now...

This one looks much more complete than the first with the walls and floor details, and the arrangement is nice. The monkeys are hilarious and the carnage (Why the bed? Why?! Why?!) is a humorous touch, although in the spirit of the contest I'm not quite questioning your sanity... yet. Show the shopkeeper and his wife tied up in the flaming bed, or align the taller furniture like upright dominoes and topple them unto the two terrified women, and we'll all declare you sufficiently evil. (The lack of such suits my tastes better, by the way!) I like the unique nature of this one. Very original.

I also like seeing the rules upheld, but considering the nature of the infraction - a single piece, recolored, largely inconsequential to the overall build - I wonder if it couldn't be forgiven.

You're a master of variety, Captain Braunsfeld. What's next??

Ridiculously awesome :) But isn't Cpt. Cookie himself a bit modified? Didn't you take away some of the stains or so on the torso? Anyway, it's not like pieces have been modified to allow illegal connections or something like that. Really funny build at any rate. :)

I like the chest with bananas most of all - a real treasure for pirates' monkeys. But why are there bananas on sale in this kind of shop? Anyhow you made great updates and I'm glad my advice is to your liking. Keep on destroying.

Yes, it caught on! Great entry and a CCBC, a 'Classic Captain Braunsfeld Creation(TM)'. Love the pathway leading through the store and the 'ball park', not to mention the PTV-ish rampage.

About the bird, didn't even notice first... shall the Master decide.

Show the shopkeeper and his wife tied up in the flaming bed, or align the taller furniture like upright dominoes and topple them unto the two terrified women, and we'll all declare you sufficiently evil.

Captain Dee, you, Sir, are a madman :pir-grin:

What's next??

Maybe as kind of 'punishment' he should have to build a huge blue attack-parrot :pir-sweet:

Lots of comments - thanks.

To make it clear: I'm not in PtV to win any prizes (being a member of the staff) so I ask for forgiveness as to the many many rules of the contest.

(the parrot is not essential really)

The Phreds of this world may feel free to banish the entry by removing the PtV from the title pirate_laugh2.gif

Great entry with great humor! The shop looks much more finished than the last build you had it in, and I think I'll have to check back here once in a while for inspiration when I need to build some furniture.

Ha, I wouldn't want to be working there. Someone must have said to the female pirate, "Hey baby, let's, you and I, make some fire in bed. :laugh:

pir_laugh2.gif

It was voted "great place to work" ... one day before the pirates came to visit!

thats such a funny build! The furniture looks great, I love the action. Well done!

Thanks!

A fine pillaging indeed!!

Yes, yes, burn it - burn it!

Aha! Those scurvy dogs are showing their real colors now...

This one looks much more complete than the first with the walls and floor details, and the arrangement is nice. The monkeys are hilarious and the carnage (Why the bed? Why?! Why?!) is a humorous touch, although in the spirit of the contest I'm not quite questioning your sanity... yet. Show the shopkeeper and his wife tied up in the flaming bed, or align the taller furniture like upright dominoes and topple them unto the two terrified women, and we'll all declare you sufficiently evil. (The lack of such suits my tastes better, by the way!) I like the unique nature of this one. Very original.

I also like seeing the rules upheld, but considering the nature of the infraction - a single piece, recolored, largely inconsequential to the overall build - I wonder if it couldn't be forgiven.

You're a master of variety, Captain Braunsfeld. What's next??

Well, you're a master of words. I use your feedback to improve my English.

Why did I chose to burn the bed? Well, it was almost the only piece with studs on top where I could attach the fire!

"Show the shopkeeper and his wife tied up in the flaming bed" ... well, that would not be my building style, would it?

And the shopkeeper has obiously run away when the terror began. There is no sign of him.

What is next? I actually might return to build a ship - there is one which I started in 2014 but then I stopped when overall interest in the pirates waned.

I've done most of the silly things that were on my list (like the "Kiosk of Khazad-Dhum", etc.).

Ridiculously awesome :) But isn't Cpt. Cookie himself a bit modified? Didn't you take away some of the stains or so on the torso? Anyway, it's not like pieces have been modified to allow illegal connections or something like that. Really funny build at any rate. :)

Ah, yes Cookie is also modified (not having PtV in mind). pirate_cry4.gif

As I said above, the set is funny in itself, it does not have to be counted as a PtV entry.

Based on the feedback of the "wardrobe" post, I just had to build this in a proper way.

I like the chest with bananas most of all - a real treasure for pirates' monkeys. But why are there bananas on sale in this kind of shop? Anyhow you made great updates and I'm glad my advice is to your liking. Keep on destroying.

pirate_satisfied.gif Bananas are on sale near the exit. Next to the chocolade and the Swedish sausages.

Yes, I took your advice!

Yes, it caught on! Great entry and a CCBC, a 'Classic Captain Braunsfeld Creation(TM)'. Love the pathway leading through the store and the 'ball park', not to mention the PTV-ish rampage.

About the bird, didn't even notice first... shall the Master decide.

Captain Dee, you, Sir, are a madman :pir-grin:

Maybe as kind of 'punishment' he should have to build a huge blue attack-parrot :pir-sweet:

Thanks. The pathway has been created by my wife (thanks!) - also the carpet.

She also took the better pictures pirate_laugh2.gif as I am still struggling with my camera (I loved my old analog camera...).

CCBC? Ok, as long as this is not some Roman number pirate_laugh_new.gif

Fun build! I'd say Ikea does indeed need some pillaging...pirate_laugh_new.gif

Thanks Gary, you seem to be coming from Hannover now... pir_laugh2.gif

As to the "painted parrot debate": I've modified this post to be a "non-PTV" post.

As to the "painted parrot debate": I've modified this post to be a "non-PTV" post.

Oh no I feel so guilty for asking about it to begin with... I honestly just wanted one!

Oh no I feel so guilty for asking about it to begin with... I honestly just wanted one!

Me too. :sad: I was pointing it out so the entry could be fixed and won't get disqualified later on. You can make changes before the deadline.

Number 18 of the PTV Code:

18. All entries are considered WIPs (Works In Progress) until the deadline passes. You may change and improve your MOC right up to the deadline.

No, don't feel guilty - it is still a fine build and I had fun building it!

Me too. :sad: I was pointing it out so the entry could be fixed and won't get disqualified later on. You can make changes before the deadline.

pirate_sceptic.gif The whole MOC has already been disassembled... And photoshopping would not be the right answer at this time pirate_laugh2.gif

Captain, my Captain? In case necessary, just kick the bird out, but not this splendid entry!

As stated above, there is nothing left that can be changed (life must be easier with LDD pir_laugh2.gif )

Well, maybe they'll put me on the front page pirate_laugh2.gif

Very nice build !

Very funny and a great way to give furniture inspiration. I think I will try some furniture in the way you did !

Again, Captain, you impress me with all your builds, be them big, small, monkey, never mind there are always monkeys pirate_laugh_new.gif Anyway, big, small, ships, land, whatever. They are all very neat. All the furniture looks really cool, but the green almost cabinet one I like the most. Great build!

Dear all,

based on feedback from our moderator Phred I will change this back to a PtV entry.

Custom minifigs and animals are allowed (and its no photoshopping).

pirate_satisfied.gif

Very nice build !

Very funny and a great way to give furniture inspiration. I think I will try some furniture in the way you did !

Yepp, feel free!

Again, Captain, you impress me with all your builds, be them big, small, monkey, never mind there are always monkeys pirate_laugh_new.gif Anyway, big, small, ships, land, whatever. They are all very neat. All the furniture looks really cool, but the green almost cabinet one I like the most. Great build!

You got it - the green cabinet is key! pirate_laugh2.gif

Hurray! Yippee! Woooooo-hoo! Such a unique and well-built scene should be included in the contest. But with the flip-flopping I can't help but wonder what those scury dogs are thinking: "Hmm... do we take this one or... this one? Pay or plunder? You or... you?"

Regarding your prior comments, I don't think you need much help with your English, because it's seriously better than that of many native speakers.