Sign in to follow this  
YellowCorvette

The best and worst designed 2015 Bionicle Skull Villains

In your opinion, which is the best designed Bionicle 2015 Skull Villains and the worst?

For me, the best will be Skull Warrior. He has great weapons design and he very looks like a warrior to me.

The worst will be Skull Scorpio. The way Skull Scorpio built is very lackluster and the legs are very bad- designed.

I also find Warrior the best set of the wave, mainly because of his asymmetry, which makes him pull off the skeletal look the best of all the Skull Villains.

The worst is obviously Scorpio. I appreciate the function, but it looks really out of place and - let's be honest - is just a big chunk of technic liftarms stuck onto something that has a completely different asthetic. The un-posable legs don't bug me that much, but still are an issue, and the pincers and the way the head is attached - it all makes this set even worse, and - im my opinion - the worst Bionicle set ever designed.

Edited by Voxovan

and - im my opinion - the worst Bionicle set ever designed.

The worst? Good guy included?

I haven't got any of the skull villain, but i think the best one is basher, mainly because he has a different gimmick. The worst is...Scorpio...

The worst? Good guy included?

Good Guy was a polybag, he doesn't count. Even if he does, you can pose him or use him as a Halloween prop which is more than what you can do with Scorpio.

Edited by Mandate

Is this the Good Guy you're talking about?

http://brickset.com/...6934-1/Good-Guy

I'm pretty sure that even Scorpio can't be worse than that... thing, Scorpio even has more points of articulation. :grin:

Anyway, I only have 3 skull villains so far: Scorpio, Warrior and Basher. Basher is my favourite of the three, and Scorpio and Warrior are kind of even, I like them both in different ways. Warrior combines all the cool features of the Toa and protectors into one (the two different weapons, stud launcher and gears), and pulls off the skeleton look very well. But I'd also say that although Scorpio's legs can't move, they do add to the skeleton aesthetic quite nicely, and his function works the best out of all the skull villains. So I definitely wouldn't say he's the worst Bionicle set ever.

If we're talking about "worst Bionicle set relative to the rest of the year", I think Good Guy is still better than Skull Scorpio. At any rate, on my rating, Skull Slicer and Skull Warrior are pretty much on the same level.

I'd definitely consider Basher the best. For the worst, I'd be hard pressed to decide between the unique-yet-flawed Skull Scorpio and the incredibly mundane Skull Grinder. It's not like either one is a bad set, but compared to the other stellar designs, both sets come up short.

Let's see, I'll rank them best to worst:

Basher. Definitely my favorite. He pulls the minotaur vibe amazingly, the function is unique, and it's just plain cool looking. Although floppy arms keep it from being perfect.

Warrior: I love archers, and this is no exception. That alone puts it pretty high up, and the extra weapon, the mask, and well done bone placement make it even better.

Grinder: while a little gappy, I still like it. The mask and horns especially. Seriously, the mask, horns, color and build make it look like a bionicle Satan. That's awesome.

Slicer: it's ok, but not a huge fan. The gearbox is creative, sure. Buy it's just too skimpy for me, even for a skeleton. I think even one 3m shell on a leg would have gone a long way. This one's just ok to me.

Scorpio: poor scorpy, it's not your fault you weren't designed well. VBBNs mod to this set would make it so much better though, so there's that I guess. Despite the flaws I don't think I'd call it the worst bionicle set ever.

And if LoSS counts he would go just above slicer, definitely not my fave, but not too bad.

And of course this is just my opinion on them.

Slicer: I love the four armed concept, and he's got awesome pieces.

Basher: He's just always been my second favorite. IDK why?

Warrior: I love the a symmetry, he really pulls off that undead look perfectly. And you can holster BOTH weapons!

Scorpio: Honestly, I don't hate him, but the lack of articulation and function just....

Grinder: Ugh, his simple build just, ugh. The staff is easily more interesting than the set its self.

Of course, I don't have any of these guys, so I can't fully judge.

I only have two of them..Slicer and Basher.....I've built only Slicer. The rest ill judge bases on looks and functions.

I think I'll like Basher the best, because of his newer design.

Slicer I love fiddling around with...I get that he's not as intricate as basher or warrior..but to me he's a ton of fun.

Warrior is up there with slicer...he looks pretty cool and I like the asymmetry. I do think his staff weapon is bland though.

I would likely buy Scorpio, rather than Grinder we're Grinder a separate set...so I'll say Scorpio would be better than Grinder because he has an innovative function which looks like it'd be super fun to play with. Grinder doesn't do too much for me. I'd only ever consider buying MMvSG for Ekimu himself. That's it;

Basher's definitely my fave. His function is incredibly addictive and not nearly as restricted as I thought it'd be. After that, Warrior is my second favorite due to his beautiful design. Afterwards, Slicer due to having a nice function and aesthetics but kinda clunky execution. Then for last I can't decide between Scorpio or Grinder. On one hand we have a very rigid figure that at the same time looks incredibly horrifying as it should and has another incredibly addictive function, and on the other a very dull build (though I do like those big wheels in his gearbox) with a gappy look that at first I was okay with but annoys me a bit now and a very nice-looking weapon that's too heavy for its arm to carry and a secondary sword that looks incredibly dull compared to the spear. I think I like Scorpio a bit more than Grinder, thinking about it.