Sign in to follow this  
matoli

PTV 2015 Digital: The Damned Lighthouse

This is my MOC for the digital contest of Pillage the Village.

miniyg6xzk1445439788.png

In the Bermuda Triangle all the ships followed a strange light, but a storm take them to the rocks and make them all sinking.

The only landing place was a strange rocky head and two iron chains to climb inside.

minibdl4.png

Castaways entered the misterious cave, go upstairs and found a dry place to stay. A dream, but something was waiting.

minicdl5.png

And above again, upstairs, they found food and fresh fruit. What a dream! But something was waiting them.

dl7.png

The Damned Pirates of the Damned Lighthouse, which were once hit by the damnation to feed forever the light. How to feed?

edl8.png

Well, simply by an everlasting barbecue made using the castaways!

minifdl9.png

A complete photo collection here:

LXF attacheddamned_lighthouse.lxf

Edited by Phred

Never read it as a bed time story to kids! The MOC and the story make my hair stand on end, ha-ha! You can find one more spooky story visiting my sites shown below.

By the way, how many castaways can they fry every day? And if it's a lighthouse you'd better use a dark background, with a moon behind some clouds.

Edited by Staslegomaster

The infinite loop I think pirate_blush.gif , so many as sailors in the sea pir_laugh2.gif . Thank you for suggestions pirate_satisfied.gif

Edited by matoli

Cruel, indeed. May I suggest to render the LDD-scenes using Bluerender for example, that would make a much nicer presentation.

Brick on!

Thanks, i'm trying to use Bluerender but starting from Mac and Linux it's a bit troublesome, now I'm using a windows platform, everything was ok but I obtained an error in launching the software. I tracked it on Bluerender issue page, i'm waiting for a reply.

I'll do it, before or after the contest, i promise you pirate_satisfied.gif

Edited by matoli

This is a unique contest idea and certainly adheres to the spirit of the competition by depicting something truly evil. The overall design looks like it would be quite playable, but I echo KB in suggesting that a good rendered image would greatly improve the presentation - and your chance of winning. I'll be looking for it and in the meantime keep it up.

This is a unique contest idea and certainly adheres to the spirit of the competition by depicting something truly evil. The overall design looks like it would be quite playable, but I echo KB in suggesting that a good rendered image would greatly improve the presentation - and your chance of winning. I'll be looking for it and in the meantime keep it up.

Thanks also to you, my first trials with blue render are not very good, a black background is cool but not so cool. next trial with deep blue background

Updated! for the first time I used (i tried to) Bluerender, it's a wonderful render engine but starting from linux and Mac it was difficult.

I tried with a complete black background as suggested by Staslegomaster, Kolonialbeamter and Captain Dee (thanks!) but some particulars were in deep shadow, after i missed something and used a black sky over a blue ground.....I know i know, could do better !

I hope you'll like

Edited by matoli

Interesting entry! Don't think I've ever seen the LoM arch pieces used in an historic build! :classic: my favorite part though is definitely the skull on bottom! Great job on the shaping of that.

~Insectoid Aristocrat