Sign in to follow this  
moctown

[MOC] Cristo Redentor - Rio, Brazil

Hey People!

After a longer stage of inactivity on EB I present you my latest MOC. This microscale model

is my execution of the world-famous statue of christ in Rio de Janeiro. It's also well-known as

"Cristo Redentor".

Though the model consists of only 122 parts, it took me a couple of weeks to get over it! :look:

But in the end I made it and here is the result:

20920470789_7016aaf6fd_c.jpg

20920470279_93e79b16c8_c.jpg

I'm very curious about your opinion. So feel free to leave your comments! :classic:

Thx & so long,

Jens

Wow, this is awesome. Very well done and a great display piece. I've always wanted to see the statue, so inspiring, so grand.

Great job man. :wink::thumbup: :thumbup:

Wow, at 122 parts, that's instantly recognizable and would look great in something like the Architecture line! For that piece count, I don't really have any criticism. :classic:

Ah! Although I lived in Brazil for awhile, I never had the chance to visit Rio and see this in person. :sad: I do have a giant poster of it in my Lego room, though :classic:

My only complaint is that I'm not sold on using technic pins as hands, but other than that its very nice, especially with such a small part count. Well done!

Thank you, guys! I'm happy you like it! :sweet:

My only complaint is that I'm not sold on using technic pins as hands, ...

Which parts would you suggest to use as hands?

Thx & so long,

Jens

You could try this piece

4274.gif

and then a 1x1 plate and cheese slope.

You could turn the slope in a couple of directions to get the look right, but I would try them turned out first.

Cheers, and again, this is a great display piece. :sweet:

Edited by rodiziorobs

Thanks Eggolot!

@rodiziorobs: Thanks for your suggestion! A german LEGO-mate suggested, to use the screwdriver tool,

which is also a good idea in my eyes:

http://www.bricklink...D=86&itemID=767

But I think, I'm gonna leave it well enough alone, especially it was posted on TBB a few days ago. So, I think

the technic pins were the right choice! :wink:

Thx & greets,

Jens

Ah, the screwdriver would also work ok. Of course, the best would be if the popsicle piece came in grey :hmpf_bad:

I saw that TBB posted it, congratulations! I wouldn't mess with it either at that point! :laugh:

I might have to reverse engineer this so I can have it on display myself...once again, very nice job.

Edited by rodiziorobs

That's a great job. I am a Lego fan and a capoeirsta. Would love to put it for show in my martial art school. Do you plan to share the bricklist for this?

That's brilliant.... Instantly recognisable and yet using so few parts!!

Excellent work!!

I like your model - it's very well recognizable and I can imagine it as Architecture set. By the way how are those pins and Technic beams connected to the rest of model? Have you used bars?