BrickCurve

The Tale Of Lord Parimere Of Kaliphlin

Just over a year since I first joined GoH :blush: I finally have a more detailed character backstory!

As a boy Parimere grew up in the Ansfel border post (were his father was garrisoned) situated between Kaliphlin and Avalonia.

20501970964_965c53beb1_c.jpg

During his late teens he journeyed with his father through three of the four guilds- Avalonia, Mitguardia and Kaliphlin, (his fathers diplomatic work never took him to the guild of Nocturnus).

Following the passing of his father he was left with a choice, since he had spent most of his life in either Kaliphlin or Avalonia, he was left with a hard choice, the guild of trees or the one of deserts?

In the end he chose Kaliphlin in the south as his home

21113957262_0925d39105_c.jpg

In the years that followed he became a lord of Kaliphlin, frequently wandering through the guild, especially near the coast and occasionally abroad.

And that is the tale of Lord Parimere of Kaliphlin.

Edited by BrickCurve

Neat builds, I especially like the aquaeduct. And I find your backstory interessting with your father being a border soldier and not just a lord.

But I'm not sure about the purpose of a border garrison manned by both Avalonians and Kaliphlinite. Except this outpost is meant to protect both guilds and is just operated by both armies because it lies on the border.

Neat builds, I especially like the aquaeduct. And I find your backstory interessting with your father being a border soldier and not just a lord.

But I'm not sure about the purpose of a border garrison manned by both Avalonians and Kaliphlinite. Except this outpost is meant to protect both guilds and is just operated by both armies because it lies on the border.

I am glad you like the aqueduct, it was built with spare parts I had on hand and ones I purchased during an expo, it was then built the evening after in a hotel room! Yes I know the inter guild border post idea is a little strained, that specific Moc was originally meant to be Avalonian only but I ran out of minifigs in the correct colours.

Edited by BrickCurve

Excellent outpost, BrickCurve, the walls are very nice and immediately recognizable as your style, and the wooden section on the tower (or is it maybe supposed to be bull hides to protect from arrows?) is great as well! :thumbup: Awesome foliage and water too, and the vines creeping up the walls are great :wink:

Very nice foliage in the first build, and neat use of those curve plates in the second! :thumbup:

Very nice! I'm jelly of all these big leave pieces...

The aqueduct looks also good! Great job and brick on!

The main build is excellent and full of details but I find that the story seems a bit cliche, to become a lord, and lackluster. You should explain what he has done, or does, to have made him a lord of Kaliphlin otherwise it just feels like you've made him a famous figure in over a night for having no accomplishments.

The main build is excellent and full of details but I find that the story seems a bit cliche, to become a lord, and lackluster. You should explain what he has done, or does, to have made him a lord of Kaliphlin otherwise it just feels like you've made him a famous figure in over a night for having no accomplishments.

I know, I have a Moc in progress covering the next part of the story. It should be up as soon as I finish my SHIPtember build.

Great build!

What is rhe hidden bowman doing? And is it normal to have such large trees next to a border wal? ;-)

Great build anyway!

It's been great watching you improve over your time here in GoH. The fortress has a very nice layout and makes good use of your usual style of wall texture :thumbup:

The path leading diagonally through the plants down to the little dock is a nice touch. And the aqueduct scene features a very clever sand design, I wouldn't have thought those rounded plates would work so well stacked on each other :classic:

Great build!

What is rhe hidden bowman doing? And is it normal to have such large trees next to a border wal? ;-)

Great build anyway!

The bowman was a detail I added for a convention I was at- no story is attached to him at present. As for the large trees, they just seemed right next to the main walls. The landscaping would look a bit sparse without them there. Edited by BrickCurve

Nice architecture and foliage!

I like the technique you've used for the aqueduct, I'll try to remember that as it seems to give more freedom with the width of gothic arches :classic: