Sign in to follow this  
Zusammengebaut

VIDEO: LEGO Star Wars Poe's X-Wing Fighter: Presented by Designer

Hello,

in Frankfurt at the Force Friday Event the new Lego Star Wars Poe's X-Wing Fighter has been presented by Jens Kronvold Frederiksen, Lego Star Wars Design Director.

Video in English:

Right here, you can find the images.

May the force be with you

Andres

It'd be nice if it was somewhere a bit quieter, I found it really difficult to hear him. :sceptic: Does look cool though, and I really like the new helmets.

It'd be nice if it was somewhere a bit quieter, I found it really difficult to hear him.

You know, you can't really ask someone on a convention to "go and stand somewhere where it's quieter". I could hear him fine, thank you Andres, for sharing this helpful and exciting footage with us!

I must say, I do like that new canopy element. It'd be great if it were split and hinged where it is on a "real" X-Wing, of course, but it's still a great improvement over the old classic element used on previous, OT-era X-Wings, and I hope I'll have a means of getting enough of these new ones to outfit a small fleet.

You know, you can't really ask someone on a convention to "go and stand somewhere where it's quieter". I could hear him fine, thank you Andres, for sharing this helpful and exciting footage with us!

Thank you. There has been no press-room, so it was difficult. But: Very interesting. :classic:

And one more video will be online very soon.

Not too happy with this one. It basically 9493 with a new paint, new wings and a new cockpit canopy. But however, the minifigures are cool and have nice printings.

Thanks for sharing! I'd love to see a top-down view. The only things I didn't like about the 2011 X-Wing were the large gaps between wings and body. I wonder if this has been improved upon. The model looks great! I absolutely love the colour scheme, the cockpit and the accessories. The rear exhausts looks great, too! What I don't like: The rubber bands in blue also stand out too much for me. I think I'd prefer them in black to blend in with the model more nicely. And everything has been said about the unfortunate wing design.

9493 is released in 2012 actually.

I don't think the year difference makes any difference to his point he was making. He had it close enough we knew what he was talking about.

I know what you mean Lynx, I intend on getting this, as I'm starting to think it's actually 'ok' value for money, considering the new helmet mould and the new cockpit mould-with printing. And I look forward to trying to mod it so the wings sit flush with each other when closed.

Not too happy with this one. It basically 9493 with a new paint, new wings and a new cockpit canopy. But however, the minifigures are cool and have nice printings.

The Cockpit is, by the way, a print this time, not a sticker. This is a very good news. :classic:

I must say, I do like that new canopy element. It'd be great if it were split and hinged where it is on a "real" X-Wing, of course, but it's still a great improvement over the old classic element used on previous, OT-era X-Wings, and I hope I'll have a means of getting enough of these new ones to outfit a small fleet.

This is the part I was waiting for since 1999, honestly. I hope they decided to make the stealth Ep. 7 X-Wing and not the grey / blue ones because they are planning a classic one next summer / winter for the release of the Rogue One movie and black vs grey would be different enough to be in the market at the same time? Boy I do need a classic X-Wing with this canopy in dark smoke color, please. (And a grey front piece, that was just wrong on the last one)