Sign in to follow this  
nerdsforprez

[MOD] Ultimate 42025 - Cargo Plane

Hey All,

Here an updated and revamped version of the 42025. By now.... this is a little older model, but I loved the model but think that there was much to improve. Details can be found at:

http://mocpages.com/moc.php/418746

Briefly, 42025, IMO, was a great model but too small. That's what you get when it is not a flagship model. Also, many were clamoring for a functioning tail rudder. Consider that done. Updated the propellers to resemble current planes and implemented a larger motor. Check out the results on the above webpage. Quickly, here are some pics.....and video.

14413213184_DISPLAY.jpg1441320029m_DISPLAY.jpg

14413210553_DISPLAY.jpg

It's nice to see the functional rudder and the size of this beast is quite impressive, but the proportions seem a little off. The nose looks too small or not tall enough, the rudder assembly seems a bit wide and I think this is a set that really benefits from having stickers - there's a lot of unbroken white surface that makes it look rather heavy. But that's just aesthetics, and I'm not sure I could do better, so great job overall.

I like the upgraded 6-blade propellers :classic:.

Second Busterhaus about the cockpit. You could just remove the white soft axle and it will look more round immediately (from most of the viewangles, that is).

Great input from both of you. @BusterHaus - Initially I did lengthen the nose with everything else, but that kept the dimensions all the same. like I mentioned in the write-up of the thing on mocpages (which is down right now) - I didn't like the nose of the original 42025. Too pointy. Looked more like an Airbus C295 than what I was going for.....or wanted to go for.... the Spartan. I wanted it to look a little blunter, stocky..... that is at least how I perceive the Spartan's. I agree about the stickers.....unfortunately I am not a sticker-kind-of-guy. I agree that often that stickers make things look better.... I just can't do 'em. I try really hard to convince others that this is an "adult" hobby I have......divulging that stickers can be involved smashes all that. Just saying the word sticker makes me feel all sort of shame :laugh:

@PhyBuilder - I see what you said about removing the white axle. From pic number one (after the video) it would certainly make it look rounder. And like you, I agree.... better. Problem is, like you said, that would only work for some images. Think about the other images..... there would be a too great of gaping hole if not for the white axle.

If you want a way around using stickers, try putting a different colour beam in between the panels. It would give the eye something to follow. The other method is to do what supercar builders do: leave gaps in the body that the eye fills naturally. It's a big adjustment when you are used to studded bricks - one I'm still learning. I don't think technic panels are supposed to be used to create full surfaces, but rather to suggest shapes.

?? I know that English is not everyone's first language but your comments might be useful if you at least state why you don't like the model. To just say that you don't like it with no rationale doesn't help out anyone. Also, I don't think that I understand what you are saying about number of pieces.