After spending around a year away from my Lego collection, I finally had an opportunity to build something new! Here's a diorama inspired by Netflix series, Dragons: Race to the Edge, which takes place between the first and second How to Train Your Dragon movies.

Welcome to Dragon's Edge Outpost, a supply station where dragon riders can stop for supplies (and a snack!) when exploring islands far away from Berk. Built on the edge of a rocky cliff, the small shelter serves as an entrance to a convenient cave. Just be careful not to fall into the waters below -- though they look peaceful enough, they're frigid during the winter!

20476600134_e559c1b41a_z.jpg

Roof design loosely based off this image.

21106906171_9927ed37e1_z.jpg

Stilted architecture inspired by the palafitos of Chil, which I visited during my recent travels.

21099202345_b8cfa62203_z.jpg

Here's Hiccup the minifigure, as the character appears in the new series. Somewhere between the younger and older versions.

21106902471_3b68cefce7_z.jpg

There's nothing Toothless loves more than a tasty Icelandic cod! For this MOC, I used an updated version of my original Toothless.

21099200235_a95d8dc584_z.jpg

"Hey! Get down from there you useless reptile!"

21099198705_d3cf76d513_z.jpg

Toothless makes a fire inside the cave while Hiccup prepares to spend the night at the outpost.

Thanks in advance for your comments and critiques!

Inky

The lights are a nice touch, and I love how you `mitgardiased` it by adding the colours into the roof

Awesome! I like it very much but my kids who are the ultimate hiccup Fans went crazy seeing this! If Lego were to get this liscence I'd go bankrupt!

This looks brilliant! Where to start? The roof is amazing, I love the colours and shapes and also how you have used old and new brown in a vertically striped pattern, it looks great :thumbup: The platform with the wooden construction underneath is really nice as well. Toothless is instantly recognizable and it seems that he is built using legal connections only, which is always great to see :thumbup: The cliff and the sea make for a great setting. Congratulations on this build! :classic:

This is a fantastic build! the deck, roof, supports and tootlhess are all very well built. The colors are great also, they flow very nicely!

This is amazing! Can we have more photos of toothless please? Are you planning/have already built any of the others? If lego licensed this I'd b bankrupt - never mind what the kid wants!

What a marvelous build! The house design is superb :wub: Great setting as well, with the rocky mountain backdrop and icy water below :thumbup:

Your excellent rendition of Toothless finishes things off nicely :classic:

Toothless is instantly recognizable and it seems that he is built using legal connections only, which is always great to see :thumbup:

This is awesome? How did you do toothless' eyes? It totally works.

The technique I used for the eyes is not exactly legal - they're actually two loose assemblies sandwiched between the halves of the head. It's a tad blurry, but here's a photo of the four components:

21125806971_ea4d63d0b2_n.jpg

This is amazing! Can we have more photos of toothless please? Are you planning/have already built any of the others? If lego licensed this I'd b bankrupt - never mind what the kid wants!

No plans to expand the Berk collection right now, but perhaps I'll take a stab at the other dragons in the future. I didn't take any photos of Toothless by himself, but here's a close-up of the tail:

21108162502_e2eb4f7e99_n.jpg

Awesome build, very smooth. I'm sure LEGO would've had fun with this license, but I know they would've made Toothless with a molded head. Works quite well without it.

Very nice work especially since this is one of my favourite movies. I must study toothless closely in case i can replicate this (highly unlikely though)

Nice build! Those colours on the house look great (Mitgardia's always cool :wub:) and the dragon looks good to. I also like that you kept the rockwork simple, so all attention is drawn on the house, otherwise it could have been pretty distracting (simply because we love to look at good rockwork).

Great build, I really love the curving roof. I'm currently watching the series, but I haven't gotten to the part where they actually build their camp yet. Still, your MOC really does look lik something that could come from the 'How to train your Dragon'-universe.

Another highlight for me is the way you built Toothless. He's really spot on, despite not having a pre-molded head to capture its likeness. Nicely done :thumbup: .