• Below Average
    • Poor

20912040138_bfa8c3c823_b.jpg

Set name: Jango Fett

Set number: 75107

Pieces: 85

Price: $19.99 | £xx.xx | €xx.xx

Release date: 2015

My other favorite thing besides clone/storm troopers? Mandalorians. Between the two Fetts, I do prefer Boba's more visually interesting design... more on that later- the spotlight here is on Jango. When he was initially revealed, I actually though he was going to be one of the lower points of the wave, however after building him, I think he might be my second favorite figure to Grievous! Read on to find out why

Packaging and Contents

Box Front

21107495361_0a027b4901_b.jpg

As usual we have Jango in action, and in the backdrop is a rainy Kamino. I've already said this before, but I still find it odd that Cody doesn't really have a proper pair. Jango here is fighting Obi-Wan, and of course he have seen Obi-Wan fighting Grievous extensively, and well I've said enough about that in Cody and Grievous' reviews.

Box Back

21073592786_beab28e0e4_b.jpg

Jango has a fair number of things to highlight on the back of his box, including a flick fire missile and pistols that can be holstered. Or magnetized to his thigh. Duct tape? It is silver after all.

Contents

20478718923_9acb6a7b71_b.jpg

Oh hey look, parts! I though we had just bought a box.

New and Interesting parts

Jango bits

20950031500_e397eeb9dc_b.jpg

Normally I don't apologize for anything in reviews but since this photo is top of the 'crap" pile, I should mention that I ran into some serious problems with this round of reviews including lighting problems, a broken camera, and a whole other slew of problems, so my apologies that this photo looks like it was taken in murky water. Anyway, we have the new shoulder pieces and new calf armor in silver, and the new torso shell in dark gray with some lovely shiny silver printing. We also have two 5m shells ins and blue, and two 6m ones in sand blue with a printed design on them. Also, there is a new connector piece in brown- see the in build photos.

Helmet

21089714542_f556c77fa0_b.jpg

I love the Mandalorian armor and this is a great representation of the helmet- I would of course love to see it repainted for Boba at some point.

Building Process

Missile

20478714823_7f64b56cfc_b.jpg

A flick fire missile is constructed to represent the missile on Jango's back.

Jetpack

21107487741_f69746fd77_b.jpg

Similar to Cody's backpack, the missile is incorporated into Jango's jetpack. It's a bit flat, but you get what it's supposed to be representing.

Frame

20477287314_609c9a82d1_b.jpg

I didn't realize this until after all photos were taken, but the brown axle and pin connector is actually new in that color, previously only existing in black and dark gray. Since Jango doesn't have calf armor, he does have a short leg build than some of the other characters, however since the beast fins do exist in silver it is easy enough to modify this to include those.

Finished Build

Front View

21099778435_f749dbe9ea_b.jpg

Visually, Jango does have a slightly dry color scheme with silver and sand blue not being the most interesting of colors, but this is more a fault of the character than the set. Proportion wise he looks fairly decent.

Profile View

21107481281_1ac091fff8_b.jpg

it's a shame Lego couldn't throw in calf armor, being a $20 set it feels a little disappointing not to have it especially since it wouldn't have required any recolors, but as I said it is easy enough to modify if you wish.

Back View

21073578776_7243b02442_b.jpg

The bright blue on his backpack adds some color here. Now if we are being nitpicky, the missile should actually be a lot higher up and actually rise above his head.

I am the best. Always was.

21073585356_78921e814c_b.jpg

Jango poses really well. He looks great as a dual-pistol gunslinger, and the new armor pieces are really well suited for his design.

These will be the easiest credits I've earned in months

21073583996_d19c5a73d4_b.jpg

The brown on his thighs and torso help to bring the colors to life, and you also see some more bright blue from side angles- while silver and sand blue may be light colors, there are some saving graces.

Did you miss me?

21099779785_c7a322d79a_b.jpg

As I said in Luke's review, I really love the custom built weapons and I hope we see many more of these in the future.

Maybe I won't blast you

20478704933_312f3470f6_b.jpg

Thanks to the pin and axle connectors his weapons can be stowed on his legs. While Luke's blaster is attached in a static position, these use a friction pin/axle, so they can be rotated while on his hips- and yes, he can reach down and grab the weapon from his hip without needing to remove anything.

Size Comparison

21107939991_38b6b5f15c_b.jpg

Even the smaller of the Star Wars figure are quite large in size.

I am you...you are me...we are me..what.

20518010954_b855b88e14_b.jpg

I also adore things with wrist mounted weapons, I'm glad they threw in that detail (And you get a spare gold rocket to boot.)

Overall

Jango is one of my favorite sets of this wave. Maybe it's my love of the Mandalorians, but I feel like the set perfectly represents the on screen character. If we ever get Boba it might be more visually interesting for those of you that aren't a fan of the relatively light color scheme, but if you are a fan of Jango or characters that are armed to the teeth I'd highly recommend him. Of the three $20 figures I think he is the best, followed by Cody and lastly Luke. My only real complaint here is that I feel like we should have gotten calf armor, but there is a fair number of new and recolored pieces that are in some useful colors, and I'm not really sure if he needs to be any taller than he already is. However as I've said I'd prefer to see Boba at some point, with even more weapons, cloth add-ons and the more interesting color scheme, but this is definitely worth looking into if you are a fan of the Star Wars sets.

Jango's review is now ready- and look, his head is still on his torso!

Didn't realize his arm shells were 5M (thought they were 6M). Makes the figure that much more valuable to me. Regardless, nice set and nice review. It has definitely improved my opinion of him.

Great review! Jango and Obi-Wan are some of the sets I'm most excited for both in terms of looks and pieces. This guy's got loads of great new elements and recolors, and looks really well-armored.

Besides Boba, I think the new helmet would be great for a set of Sabine Wren from Star Wars: Rebels. Because really, we need to have at least SOME female characters in this range of sets, and if it takes putting a girl in full armor and a helmet to keep people from worrying about it alienating boys, so be it.

Not too bad a set.

Could you perhaps show what he'd look like with his sand blue armor pieces replaced with the regular blue armor pieces. (The same color as the blue on his helmet and backpack)

Also. Could you show what the shoulder armor looks like attached to the pins on his foot. I feel it would work well to recreated Pohatu's feet additions.

Edited by Takanuinuva

Jango's review is now ready- and look, his head is still on his torso!

You're evil.

That said, Jango is a nice surprise! His colour scheme is a little dull, but like you said, that's the fault of the character. It's nice that the missile on the backpack is actually launchable.

Not too bad a set.

Could you perhaps show what he'd look like with his sand blue armor pieces replaced with the regular blue armor pieces. (The same color as the blue on his helmet and backpack)

Also. Could you show what the shoulder armor looks like attached to the pins on his foot. I feel it would work well to recreated Pohatu's feet additions.

20547273123_38920c367c_c.jpg

20981567909_9ecfbab81b_c.jpg

Thank you for that. Those shoulder pieces will work beautifully to give 2015 Pohatu his feet additions. I'll be adding those to when I make another parts order from lego. Though they appear to be a different shade of silver. Are the the same silver as the feet and its just the light making them appear brighter?

Also Jango looks a lot better without the sand blue. I know they went with more movie accuracy but I would have bought Jango had his sand blue been regular blue.

Edited by Takanuinuva

Might have to pick this guy. Could you show how well Pohatu would look if those shoulder add-ons are connected to his knees? Seeing that he most certainly won't use the new leg armor.

Oh wow, that shot of him next to Tahu took me by surprise. They did a great job giving these figures humanlike proportions, as opposed to the more fantastical proportions of the Toa. I was also surprised to see that the torso armour is dark grey as opposed to gunmetal - that's handy!

Overall, he looks superb. Really impressed.

Overall really impressed with this guy, cool parts, great recolors, and comes together very nicely from the front.

From the sides and back, well, less so, but I'm okay with that. I'm not a huge fan of how lame looking the technic chunks look as the guns or jetpacks, since they look more like a bunch of parts than what they're meant to represent.

That said, this model really is quite nice, and even if his guns are kinda lame, he ends up being really fun to pose, especially because he gets cool jetpack poses!

Great informative review (and pics), I am new to Lego and haven`t ever done a large scale figure, but Jango (and Grevious) are now on my "wants" list.

regards

Kenny.