Set rating  

72 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this set?

• Outstanding
    • Above Average
    • Average
    • Below Average
    • Poor

I just love toys were you can get great possibility out of them and we get that in spades with these buildable figs. Day one purchase for me, haven't built him yet as I can't find space!!

I want it so badly, but I've made it my goal to get every Bionicle 2015 set, so I'm going to have to save all the money I have. DARN U CONSTRACTION, Y U SO EXPENCIVE?!

Yeah, I know it's because CCBS needs more money to make, but dang these prices be crazy.

When you compared him to Tahu, which used to be the tallest CCBS this year, it puts in perspective how massive Grievous is.

Isn't Kulta a bit taller than Tahu?

21134996572_9c6dc63c7a_c.jpg

HAS SCIENCE GONE TOO FAR?

What have you done? It's hideous!:P

This looks like the best set of the wave, though it is horribly overpriced, just as with the rest of this TFA wave. What would he look like with Kenobi's cape?

though it is horribly overpriced, just as with the rest of this TFA wave.

Well it is star wars...

This looks like the best set of the wave, though it is horribly overpriced, just as with the rest of this TFA wave.

The prices of Star Wars sets are not the kind that you will call "kid- friendly".

Good review and photos! A really impressive set, for build, size and parts. I can't wait to reuse his build for a project of mine (lazy I know, but hey, it's a good build).

Are these really that overpriced, though? The 4 smaller figures might seem a bit bare bones compared to the 20 Euro Toa, but they're taller than Tahu. 30 Euro Darth Vader is about as tall as 10 year old 25 Euro/20 dollars Brutaka. And Grievous with an additional 5 Euro is way taller and costs as much as Witch Doctor did here.

If you factor the license price in, these are a pretty good value for SW sets, Europe didn't even get the usual markup. Maybe USA fans might see these as overpriced, but in Euro? It could've been way worse.

You also have to take into the mind the cost of some parts of these sets- the molds for the heads are actually quite complicated to make and can drive the price up more than you would expect.

While Europe was somewhat lucky with the CCBS Star Wars sets, we took it in the butter with the System ones. As I said, Ray's Speeder costs almost the double in the Old Continent as it does in the USA.

And Italy gets the constraction sets in OCTOBER, but that's another story.

Edited by TwistLaw

The prices of Star Wars sets are not the kind that you will call "kid- friendly".

To be fair, they cost roughly the same as the Bionicle 2015 sets.

Luke Skywalker, Commander Cody, Jango Fett: 80+ pieces, $20.

Tahu, Kopaka, Onua: 80+ pieces, $20

Darth Vader: 160 pieces, $30

Mask Maker vs Skull Grinder: 171 pieces, $30

The only exceptions are Obi Wan Kenobi (who costs $25, because he's got a cape), and General Grievous, who costs $35.

Although I will say I absolutely hate the prices. Witch Doctor cost $30, and he was 300 pieces, General Grievous costs $35 and has not even 200 pieces. You could argue that it's because it's Star Wars, but MM vs SG is Bionicle and it has a ridiculous price. I know, inflation exsists, but I'm just really annoyed about it.

Edited by MarkSurge9411

To be fair, they cost roughly the same as the Bionicle 2015 sets.

Luke Skywalker, Commander Cody, Jango Fett: 80+ pieces, $20.

Tahu, Kopaka, Onua: 80+ pieces, $29

Darth Vader: 160 pieces, $30

Mask Maker vs Skull Grinder: 171 pieces, $30

The only exceptions are Obi Wan Kenobi (who costs $25, because he's got a cape), and General Grievous, who costs $35.

Although I will say I absolutely hate the prices. Witch Doctor cost $30, and he was 300 pieces, General Grievous costs $35 and has not even 200 pieces. You could argue that it's because it's Star Wars, but MM vs SG is Bionicle and it has a ridiculous price. I know, inflation exsists, but I'm just really annoyed about it.

Witch Doctor had a vast amount of Technic, this set has primarily CCBS. Constraction/CCBS pieces cost more to manufacture then system. Look at LoSS, around 140 pieces at 15 $/€, compared to Onua at 20 who has just over 100. And And Tahu, Onua, and Kopaka are $20, not $30.

Witch Doctor had a vast amount of Technic, this set has primarily CCBS. Constraction/CCBS pieces cost more to manufacture then system. Look at LoSS, around 140 pieces at 15 $/€, compared to Onua at 20 who has just over 100. And And Tahu, Onua, and Kopaka are $20, not $30.

Fair enough. Also, who's idea was it to put 9 and 0 next to each other on the keyboard?

*heavy breathing*

Grievous is as awesome as I thought he would be. Tall and imposing. Now I only need to wait a few days before the prices here drop around 10%.

Edited by Corydoras

General Grievous,wow.

As the most expensive of the wave,if you're undecided about getting them,pick him up and you shouldn't be disappointed.

While building him I had built his foot and my first thought was 'wow how big is he going to be if this is the size of his foot!'

I don't say this much about Lego but after getting him I'd have to say that these guys are definitely worth their prices!

My only complaint with grievous is with that with the four arms he's a little bit difficult to play with-I'm used to 6inch figures or smaller so these are different for me,his arm articulation is done much better than Hasbro's 3 3/4 figures arms for him though

Lego could make the ninja turtles bionicle style ....

Perhaps they could have last year, but I'm pretty sure LEGO's license to produce Ninja Turtles sets has expired and Mega Bloks has picked it up. So no chance at more Ninja Turtles sets unless Mega Bloks opts not to renew their license.

Now that I own Grievous I can say all the positive comments about him are completely justified, as are the minor complaints to do with his dual bone ankles being a tad annoying. Great set though, very imposing. The gap in his shoulders is minor.