damjan97PL

42039- Alternative model- F1 Racer

Hi Everyone

Today I want to present my alternative model of 42039 set (24 Hours Race Car).

When I bought this set I planned to build F1 car. What I planned si I did.

20150901_111807.jpg

Technical data:

-Lenght: 53cm

-Width: 21,5cm

-Height: 12,5cm

-Weight: 950g

-Number of parts: 898

Functions:

-Full independent suspension

-V8 fake engine (the same like in 42039 set)

-Openable engine cover

20150901_111614.jpg

The front suspension:

20150901_111756.jpg

The rear suspension is the same like in standart 42039 model:

20150901_111840.jpg

The way to open engine cover is not standart, becaouse the opening mechanism is placed on engine cover not on vehicle chassis.

20150901_111900.jpg

The driver seat is from set.

I'm happy with appearance of my model.

Building instruction on Rebricable.com:

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/Damjan/grand-prix-racer

VIDEO:

PHOTOS:http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=558688

20150901_111706.jpg

20150901_112128.jpg

Edited by damjan97PL

@Damjan97PL:

I didn't bought this set because:

- I don't like green colour very much

- I don't like A model

- I don't like B model

- I don't like any of alternative C models that I have seen

...but !!!

I LIKE THIS VERY MUCH !!!

I have been long thinking about this set, what could be interesting to build from it, and to use this light green color and... you have done it !!!

This color scheme is very suitable for sport cars... and you have confirmed it! As I look at it, I see a lot of inspirations and same details as in F1 42000 and 42039 A... but that's OK...

I would extend this model with suspension from 42000 (buy this few suspension parts from BL) and everyone can buid good looking F1 car also when 42000 is not more sold today...

VERY GOOD WORK ! I LIKE IT VERY MUCH !

The best 42039 model for me! As you read, I have written 42039... not 42039 C... because your is the best... better than A and B... :)

Max...

Edited by MaxSupercars

Wow, I'm really impressed!!! This looks very much like an OOB!!! I am glad you used stickers, cause they really add to tbe appearance. Did you build it from scratch or did you take a peak into 42000 BI?

Thanks for building instructions, I just might try it out ;-)

Edit: I watched the video... Isn't there a way to change the steering or did I see it wrong - seems the HOG steering is reversed...

Edited by MajklSpajkl

Edit: I watched the video... Isn't there a way to change the steering or did I see it wrong - seems the HOG steering is reversed...

I don't think it is just you as I noticed that also, very cool though a lot better than the original models

its almost worth buying the set for this C model only.... very nice indeed

my local toysRus still has 42000 in stock too but not worth it after seeing this!

WOW! This is the best alternative model built out of 42039 I've ever seen. Good job!

its almost worth buying the set for this C model only.... very nice indeed

my local toysRus still has 42000 in stock too but not worth it after seeing this!

Not really... 42000 got valuable suspension parts...

Max...

Edited by MaxSupercars

Hat off mate, rea.ly like it especially the colors mixed green and white, very nicely done! I need at least another 42039 :D :D

This model would be about perfect if not for the backwards steering. Is there anyway to correct this using only parts from the set?

This model would be about perfect if not for the backwards steering. Is there anyway to correct this using only parts from the set?

From a quick look at the (very good) photo instructions, the reason for the steering issue is best shown in step 110:

20418872663_0b08fbaac4_b.jpg

It looks like there isn't enough room to put the 12-tooth bevel gear on the other side of the double toggle-joint connector because of the 1x5 liftarms, and this is why the HoG steering has to work in reverse. Damjan will know what pieces he had left, but if he could have used shorter liftarms to brace the front end I assume he would have done. A longer axle or axle-connector combination to give room for the bevel on the other side would also work, but then the pin connector on top would have to move which would probably leave an unsightly gap in the bodywork.

That aside, this a brilliant model that aesthetically is superior to both it's A-model and its inspiration (42000) while incorporating similar features. In particular the use of panels for the front wing and sidepods is excellent, sculpting the rear end in a way that is very reminiscent of current F1 cars.

Edited by Jay Psi

Wow, this C model is amazing! It's as good ( if not better ) then 42000, and would be an awesome A or B model for the set. The curved panels really work well on the sides and the stickers really do add the finishing touch.

I think this is a really great model. The colors work really well for such a car. And even the stickers are fitting. Also, good use of the 3x13 panels.

Hi,

I'm new to the game and have a question regarding the motor block.

On picture 73 you can see 4 technic sticks looking out of the motor block.

What is the length of those 4 sticks?

I am preparing a advent calendar for my 9 year old boy and would like to give him every day a few construction pictures and the regardi g bricks. That in the end he has the complete F1 Racer.

Thanks for your support.

Mark

post-149987-0-90102600-1447954005_thumb.jpg

Edited by MarkDee