Thanks for that link, Xon67. Unfortunately he hasn't put up a LDD file for the chopper. Oh well.

Another request I have is the Pig Cart Thingy from the Wild West Realm. I understand you are mostly doing Bricksburg though, so that request may not be relevant.

Actor Builder--I have the "Pig Cart Thingy" lower down on my list. It would be humorous to do, but I'm not sure how well I could do that one.

Here's what I call the "Bricksburg garages" (minus the pallet with pipes and chains) along with several other neighboring buildings.

21687021818_84effb6b85_c.jpg_movie garages by Xon 67, on Flickr

Y'know, whenever I see the lion head, I ever so slightly want to buy one of those Chima Speedorz Jungle Gates. That lion head justifies enough to buy the whole thing.. haha.

As mentioned previously, here's a render of Emmet's side of the street. I think I managed to identify all of the antennas and various details on the buildings:

22048027911_6be0f70276_c.jpg_movie Emmets street by Xon 67, on Flickr

Someone on this movie really liked the Green Grocer. As far as I can tell, parts of this set were used more than any other in creating buildings in Bricksburg.

Originally when I started on this block of the neighborhood, I thought it consisted of three buildings. Then I realized it was one great big building. To build it, I started with the Green Grocer and duplicated the second floor to make it a four story building. Then I mirrored it left-to-right giving two buildings, which I then sliced up and pieced back together at odd intersecting angles.

I had to fill in more details on this building than others, since we never get a really good look at it from all sides. But overall, it's pretty close to what we saw in the movie.

Reverse angle coming soon...

21898869069_90ec384b8d_c.jpg_movie green grocer_ by Xon 67, on Flickr

Wow! That's an amazing building!

How long did that one take?

Are you ever going to do a GoFundMe or Kickstarter to brick link all the buildings when it's over?

That would be so expensive! Imagine how many Green Grocers this would consume!

I can't wait to see more!

Lego Dino 500: It would be awesome to build these for real, but even if I could raise the cash, I don't know where I'd find space for all of them.

Actor Builder: Calendar-wise, it took a couple of weeks. I don't keep track of the actual time each one of these take. I'm usually working on several of them at once, each at various stages. Also, I can sometimes spend more time tracking down references than I spend on the actual build itself. This one was trickier than most and took a good amount of time to figure out some of the details and get everything to fit together. The outside works well. However, while I tried to keep as much of the interior intact as I could, in the end there were too many collisions. I had to remove a good amount of the bricks. My digital version would require some structural re-work to physically build.

From a part count perspective, this one has almost 3 times the number of parts as the Green Grocer set. If it were built only from full sets and not loose parts, it could take upwards of 9 Green Grocers to build. That might be more than a Kickstarter campaign would support... :-P

Edited by Xon67

Wow. That's a lot of Green Grocers. Great job on that on, as always. What program are you using to render these? Would it be possible to eventually do a "Google Earth" type tour/video thing, like walking through the streets of Bricksburg? That would be crazy cool!

Thanks again for everyone's comments!

I'm using Bluerender, available through a link in these forums. I think it would be cool to be able to put these all together, but I don't have the computing power to do that right now.

Here's the reverse angle of the "Mega Green Grocer." Again, I think I have the details close to what's on screen, but not having clear views, it took a little guesswork:

21993091630_f3a4dc1ca6_c.jpg#__movie green grocer 2 by Xon 67, on Flickr

Edited by Xon67

Excellent work. I have not watched the movie and Lego are not going to do it. But your work is beautiful in itself. No copy and bind to the film.

Any chance of getting your LDD files? I just got my LUGbulk order, and a lot of my parts are going into Emmit's apartment building.