@TheLarry98  Let me see if I can track the model down.  It can be an early Christmas gift to everyone this year.

Every time I think I'm about done with the LEGO Movie, I find something else to build.  Here's to overbearing assistants.

32084961288_948d4fb0e2_c.jpg

For anyone who is interested, I just posted the Old West credits scene in the Historical forum:

Wow! What you have done here is insane! I can't imagine the amount of effort you have put in to recreating all those buildings.  

It's really really awesome! :drool::thumbup:

@ExeSandbox  Thank you so much!

@GeneralNumberOne  I've been hesitant to post most of my models online.  I don't want them to get abused.  I hope you understand.

Here's the first in my next series of posts.

Emmet:  "I wanna go home!  That's not what I meant!!!"

45764177034_bd118203c2_c.jpg

Edited by Xon67

What an amazing job you've done, just wow! And you just keep going! Thank you so much for sharing all this.

May I ask if you could please upload some close-ups of Emmet's kitchen? I know numerous attempts have been made to recreate his apartment but I haven't seen anyone else to include those brickbuilt chairs and table in the kitchen, everyone else has assumed the slope briefly seen in the movie is a 2x2x3 which I think is too steep compared to what is seen, also it doesn't make sense. Did you come up with the chairs and table yourself, or have you seen some further footage? (In the B-roll video it seems like the table is indeed one plate thick with a centered leg and not another cabinet as others have suggested.) Also, what about the stove/oven? All I've been able to see of that is the tape (!?) and fan (3 wide indeed, not 2) on the wall above it.

I'm sure you've seen this a long time ago, but there is a short promo video that features part of the kitchen, from which it's clear that the tap is on the wall and the sink being 2x2, with the right side of the sink being 2 studs wide, see screenshot below. Also, the kitchen floor actually is square, 14x14, with 2 studs of "free wall" to the right of the fridge/microwave.

a3ApMa3l_o.png

Edited by Mr Classic

Hey question. The emit construction site mech. Is that done?  If so are you able to upload the file for others to be able to replicate it so they'd have a screen accurate mech?

On 2/4/2019 at 8:49 PM, Xon67 said:

46071579635_0dca373368_c.jpg

Interesting, looks like an alternate version of Emmet's kitchen back there! I just re-watched the scene frame by frame and it's very hard to distinguish the furniture, but to me it rather seems like the fan is on the rear wall, with some additional wall mounted cabinets on the left? Are you positive about the cooker? Would be nice with a close-up.

I decided to get LDD myself to try and put Emmet's kitchen together, carefully replicating what's seen in the movie etc. I've now re-watched all the behind the scenes footage, trailers etc I could find, even the videogame, and from what I can see, the apartment/kitchen is only seen in the movie, in that short Ninjago kind of teaser and in the full B-roll video. The hardest parts are of course the ones that aren't fully visible - especially the two chairs (in the movie, you can see part of the second one for a split second), the table and the cooker. As for the cooker, part of the top may be visible in the B-roll - it's really hard to see but there seems to be something white in front of something grey, see the circled part in the below screenshot, to the right of the toaster and below the tape - have you figured out what that is? From some angles it seems like there may be another 1x2 tile on the wall below the tape.

Will post renderings as soon as I'm done, just keep changing the chairs/table/cooker...

jK14NCM0_o.png

Edited by Mr Classic

@Mr Classic  Yup, it's some version of Emmet's kitchen back there.  I assumed the placement of the cooker based on what i thought could be the exhaust hood on the left, but it just as easily could be on the back wall.  I believe the piece you have circled is a LEGO Plate 1 x 2 with Handle (Closed Ends) (48336).  I have some updates to my version of Emmet's kitchen that I will post next for you.

@Kamora  If you look at the top of the previous page in this topic, you'll find a post by GLAP23 that links to a very excellent and up-to-date model.

Here's the last room of the house for Emmet's Super Cycle run:

32274250657_9037d49945_c.jpg

@Mr Classic. Here's a detailed view of my version of Emmet's kitchen.  My table and chairs don't make much sense, but I made a few updates on a few other things..

46436309365_10c9fe9f1f_c.jpg

Anatomy of a trope

Ingredients include:
- 1 house exterior - 20 studs x 30 studs
- 1 house interior - 90 studs x 119 studs
- 1 Super Cycle - 8 studs x 26 studs

Directions:

1. Enter small house exterior.
  2. Run Super Cycle rapidly through large house interior in 144 frames.
  3. Exit small house exterior explosively.

46725792514_1c86952b5e_c.jpg

On 2/26/2019 at 2:03 PM, Xon67 said:

I believe the piece you have circled is a LEGO Plate 1 x 2 with Handle (Closed Ends) (48336).

I think you're right, that's very well spotted, thank you!

On 3/11/2019 at 7:14 PM, Xon67 said:

My table and chairs don't make much sense

Indeed, how come you changed them? As I wrote above you're the only one I've seen to identify the orange slopes as 2x2x2 (which I'm sure is correct) and part of two chairs, and the table not being another cabinet but an actual table. Anyway thanks for the new images, you will see that my version differs quite a lot from yours.

I also started on the bathroom - maybe you can help me to identify another part or two? There is a seemingly grey, thin rounded part sticking out behind the mirror, circled in the second image below (cropped ultra HD screenshot). The shape is rather distinct but I still haven't been able to find the right part myself. If the toilet is one of those old style ones like in the Detective's Office etc it may have to do with the flushing? Then there's something above the mirror, circled in the third image, possibly some further piping like by the shower? As for the toilet there certainly seems to be some pink build in the corner.

6xLAlCJb_o.jpgAWgPA58p_o.jpgs2JwBPXN_o.jpg

Aside from the kitchen and bathroom I think it's just the TV stand that is partly unseen - now that is actually featured in the new movie, see screenshot below (from an official promo clip)! It's just missing the four 1x1 round plates used as feet at the corners of the underside.

wDXXmEBm_o.png

Regarding the living room and bathroom I just have to ask: How did you manage to place the various coloured tiles on the shelf and the toothbrush (screwdriver) on the sink like that? Just to place the hardhat on top of the microwave took me a while, using clips and a bar with the microwave temporarily moved. Is there some easier way, maybe using some other software allowing you to place parts freely just like in reality?

Edited by Mr Classic

@Mr Classic  Are the table and chairs shown on-screen?  If so, when?  I missed them...  I just made something up. 

I posted detailed images of my bathroom on the previous page of this post--about half-way down the page.  Again, I made stuff up.  I have no idea what is sticking out above the toilet tank (your second picture above).  I have the feeling that there are pipes above the toilet and sink (your third picture above), but I just left them out because I couldn't figure them out.

Thanks so much for the screen grab of the TV stand!  I had made mine up.  I updated my model to use what is shown above.  I know the table shown in that picture is different than the one in Emmet's apartment.

All of the angled items were placed individually in the way that you described.  It took way more time than I'd like to admit.  I don't know of any easier way to do this in LDD--it wasn't designed to do this.  I wish there was an easier way.

@Xon67 Except for the 2x2x2 slopes with a tile on top (you see part of the right slope for a split second) and the table top, you don't see much no, but in the B-roll footage you can see the very bottom of the left chair and the table, as well as part of the actual seat. You also see that the table top is 1 plate (tile) thick.

Okay thanks anyway regarding the bathroom, that rounded part sticking out really should be possible to identify I think, hopefully some other users are reading this too.

You did all that in LDD?! Wow. Then I've got lots of work ahead of me, seeing as I've now decided to do the full apartment...

Edited by Mr Classic

The Master Builders assembled to create one the coolest creations from the Lego Movie, and although they didn't see eye to eye on the design, they still came up with a beautiful build..... that ultimately met its demise moments later...
Go on over to the Assembling Cloud Cuckoo Land thread that @Xon67 created to see the final build :-)

48580184706_b59834e9cb_z.jpgReady... Break! by Nath D, on Flickr
48588573897_032c4fbf2a_z.jpgI only work in black by Nath D, on Flickr
48589957727_2c6d29acbf_z.jpgget your retro space stuff copy by Nath D, on Flickr
48589818886_7c7174c559_z.jpganyone know what this is copy by Nath D, on Flickr

So I've been following this thread for about a year now.

@Xon67, the amount of work you put into this is just beyond me. You cared about the smallest detail to make sure it's 100% accurate to the movie. I know hard that is, because I've tried replicating some builds myself (I ended up finishing just a couple of them).

I'm simply blown away by all this. 

Edited by AnyColourYouLike

On 10/14/2019 at 8:07 PM, AnyColourYouLike said:

So I've been following this thread for about a year now.

@Xon67, the amount of work you put into this is just beyond me. You cared about the smallest detail to make sure it's 100% accurate to the movie. I know hard that is, because I've tried replicating some builds myself (I ended up finishing just a couple of them).

I'm simply blown away by all this. 

@AnyColourYouLike would be keen to see photos of some of your custom builds? :-)

On 11/12/2019 at 3:02 AM, NDLG80 said:

@AnyColourYouLike would be keen to see photos of some of your custom builds? :-)

It's not like I'm replaying to a three months old post, okay? 

Anyway. I haven't built them in 'real life' yet, I don't have the pieces. By saying that finished them, I meant I finished building them in LEGO Digital Designer - just like @Xon67. And now I can't even acces them, because every time I open any of my models, LDD shuts down. 

If you know how to help, please head over to here: 

No worries at all @AnyColourYouLike I don't check this thread as often as I used to as there are much fewer posts :-)

I'm sorry you are having issues with LDD and aren't able to open your files properly.
I've not experienced this issue before, and the only suggestion I would've offered is to uninstall and reinstall LDD..

Have you tried installing LDDsoftware  on a different computer and loading the LDD files there?
Anyways good luck, and if you get it fixed feel free to share images/renders of the digital builds as they are always interesting to look at too :-)

On 2/27/2020 at 4:55 AM, NDLG80 said:

Have you tried installing LDDsoftware  on a different computer and loading the LDD files there?

It worked! Thanks so much :)